Battlefield 4

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Battlefield 4

Postby Pimpin J » 08 Nov 2013, 10:18

I was curious if anyone has tried this yet.

Now I have only played for a couple of hours but my first reaction is not positive. Also I am playing on the 360.

First of all they changed the control for whatever reason. I understand trying to tweak things, but I really thought the set up for BF3 was just fine. Now the knife button is on the left stick where the crouch used to be and the button to light the enemy up is the right bumper instead of the select button. The select button which also used to be the scoreboard, is now a friends list just in case i want to invite my friends who dont own the game to play...

BF3 was in my opinion plagued with lens flare and being overly bright, so in 4 they decided to go to the other side and make everything dark.

I prefer rush in the multiplayer but in every game i played the defending team lost and lost badly. So it seems that the attacking team has too much of an advantage.

Visually it looks cartoony and feels more like a COD game than a battlefield game.

Like i said this is a first impression. I would love to hear others experience.
First Video: Something from season 2 or 3

Re: Battlefield 4

Postby D'Arcy » 10 Nov 2013, 22:09

I played through the beta and have BF3 via PS+, not really sure that I need to expand on that. I suppose if you were a massive fan of the series, you kind of have to see where it goes next.
I write about videogames over at http://www.hbhud.com

Don’t expect great things, already know that it’s great and match it.
dylanoetton
First Video: the ring

Re: Battlefield 4

Postby dylanoetton » 19 Dec 2013, 04:43

"Visually it looks cartoony and feels more like a COD game than a battlefield game."

This is also what I thought of it. Seems a little different that the rest of Battlefield.

Return to “Video Games”