Your LRRCraft Dream or Goal

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Re: Your LRRCraft Dream or Goal

Postby King Kool » 27 Feb 2014, 17:30

I want to finish the Fortress of Solitude.

I would like to make a rail that leads in the fourth cardinal direction from the South Line Junction and build something new, whatever that might be. Maybe even expanding the South Line Junction into a more substantial underwater train station.

Past that... I don't know.

EDIT: And of course, I'm getting the top of the page again. I'm not even mad.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 28 Feb 2014, 01:10

1. Clean those ding-blasted elm (or was it spruce?) trees, with their weird wood blocks in random places causing them not to fall down. Never planting those again.

2. Set up a dual-netherchest + hopper configuration that should (?) allow me to drop cobble in one netherchest, and have it start smelting elsewhere. I think? Does that work? Might have to check the wiki.

3. Build a giant ass orthanc, and, time permitting, build the rest of Isengard as well. I know, not very original. So sue me.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Feb 2014, 01:24

For reference, 2 is impossible without mods.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 28 Feb 2014, 02:58

Yeah, I kinda figured. I stopped and thought about how that would work with other people's netherchests in multi and concluded they must've just made it so they don't interact with hoppers. But I have 3 enderchests now, regardless, which should make mining and smelting faster.

I went searching for the height of orthanc and google actually had the answer (500 ft), in the little answer box. As a quote straight from the book. This development makes me unreasonably nerdhappy.
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Postby Necabo » 28 Feb 2014, 05:15

So that would be about 166 blocks high(considering three feet per block), which is actually doable from ground level. Awesome, drop me a line if you need help. I would be honoured to help with building it.
ImageImage

deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 28 Feb 2014, 15:21

The real problem is that a) Orthanc is black and nearly indestructable. That means Obsidian is probably the "best" choice of build material...and also the hardest to get.

b) the same paragraph that marks Orthanc as 500 ft, notes that the Isengard ring is a mile in diameter, which translates to 1680 blocks at that same scale. Probably not feasible to do the ring to scale, unfortunately.

I would friggen love help on that though, since gathering a bajillion obsidian sounds hard.
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Postby Necabo » 28 Feb 2014, 17:52

yeah getting obsidian is tedious mostly, going through diamond picks like hell probably
ImageImage

auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 28 Feb 2014, 18:17

I built an obsidian tower once, and the thing I found easiest was to harvest lava in buckets and sort of ... cast it in a cobblestone mold.

As in, mark out the first layer with cobblestone (or other inflammable block), fill with lava, cover in water, mark out next layer, fill with lava, cover in water, etc, until tower is finished. Of course you can stack more obsidian than buckets, but this saved me a lot of time, headache, and diamonds. Guess it depends on how big you're going, though.
Last edited by auberginequeen on 28 Feb 2014, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Feb 2014, 18:19

My dream: Not to have idiots who burn down the church.

deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 28 Feb 2014, 19:31

auberginequeen wrote:I built an obsidian tower once, and the thing I found easiest was to harvest lava in buckets and sort of ... cast it in a cobblestone mold.

As in, mark out the first layer with cobblestone (or other inflammable block), fill with lava, cover in water, mark out next layer, fill with lava, cover in water, etc, until tower is finished. Of course you can stack more obsidian than buckets, but this saved me a lot of time, headache, and diamonds. Guess it depends on how big you're going, though.

Yeah, given that this doesn't involve the 2.55 s mining time for each individual obsidian block (and that's with Efficiency V!), this is probably the way to go about it. I knew about this, just wasn't sure which would be easier...a couple hours spent harvesting (and then reharvesting! effing griefer) obsidian has convinced me.

Just need to find a good spot.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Feb 2014, 19:44

Way back in the day, you could make lava spawner pools like you can with water. Shame they took it away, dredging lava pools is a much bigger pain.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 01 Mar 2014, 11:09

I'd like to add to my dreams. I'd like my time to be wasted while playing on lrrcraft. I can't fault someone's ignorance to a ruling it happens we are humans amd we make mistakes. Doing something to even temporarily ruin a server how ever wasting my time and everyone elses is no bueno.

Here's to hoping our future can only go up in fun and we've knocked out all our downs.
The_Merchant
First Video: The Couch

Postby The_Merchant » 01 Mar 2014, 18:14

My dream at the current moment is to build a mini-mansion named, House Gondor, into the side of a mountain. It's a good dream. 8)
Of Course It's Green!
My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMerchantofGames
The_Merchant
First Video: The Couch

Postby The_Merchant » 01 Mar 2014, 18:15

My dream at the current moment is to build a mini-mansion named, House Gondor, into the side of a mountain. It's a good dream. 8)
Of Course It's Green!
My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMerchantofGames
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 02 Mar 2014, 12:37

I just started yesterday but my current goal is to finish my sky castle in the southern part of the map and then build some way to transport to it, either a rail to an existing station(if I can) or a nether portal chain(also if allowed).
deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 03 Mar 2014, 03:31

I started the design work for orthanc in single-player creative (cause who wants to move misplaced obsidian in regular mode? It'd be like mining it all over again)

Definitely worth the effort to plan this in creative first. So many problems and mistakes and minor nitpicks.

I think I'm gonna go with Obsidian + netherbrick for detailing? Sometimes I think it looks great and sometimes the colour contrast drives me insane. Not much better I could use though...bedrock probably looks closest to the movie colour, but that's not an option outside of creative. And cobble just seems...wrong. Too bright, among other things.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Mar 2014, 03:44

In my revamp of the Market, I planned to add the selling of Lava. I assume that would help you on your build?

deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 03 Mar 2014, 05:08

AdmiralMemo wrote:In my revamp of the Market, I planned to add the selling of Lava. I assume that would help you on your build?

It would! I assume it comes with buckets? I mean, it'd be a strange system if it didn't...press button, shoots out lava...funny, but not useful.

Ofc just straight selling obsidian would be even easier. Maybe even...too easy.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Mar 2014, 05:15

Well, I could sell obsidian, but lava has many other uses and water is plentiful.

deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 03 Mar 2014, 05:18

Yup, can't sell everything at the market. Lava's also a great fuel, a few buckets of it in a hopper can smelt hundreds of stone.
BlackDragonMTG

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 04 Mar 2014, 08:30

I have a sneaking suspicion that i'll be making a smoothstone generator at my build location that i should have thought of a while ago to help with my stone brick production xD oh well. Can't believe I forgot about that, at least now I won't need to mine the world of it's smooth stone and others can have some. Tonight I gotta make a infinite pool beneath my current tower get to town to buy new picks and remove the wizard tower. Once I do that I'll probably be going back in to my creative world to play with redstone some more to work on my seemless/flush doors which I have a feeling I'll need to make a obsidian room beneath my build location to run all the wiring from.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 04 Mar 2014, 08:53

I'd like to build my little hobbit village and mine everything underneath the houses. I started on prototype houses in single player and I think they're turning out really well. Each house will have a large chest, a bed, a furnace, and a crafting table in it as well as a lighted staircase that leads down (which is where I get the cobblestone to build them).

I also just realized that because I'll be mining everything underneath, it'll be hobbit-like with little houses and farms above ground and dwarf-like below with tunnels, store rooms, caves, etc. What does one call a hobbit/dwarf mix? A dwobbit? A hobarf?

Trisha Lynn
...hobarf sounds stupid, really...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
BlackDragonMTG

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 04 Mar 2014, 12:46

@trisha I do believe that would be what I call a gnome :P only thing that makes sense. it's as but ugly as a dwarf but more lithe like a halfling and they have earthly magics kind of like some dwarves.

I had a friend who used to call dwarves Dorfs, so it could always be a dorfling.
deathjavu

Postby deathjavu » 05 Mar 2014, 00:04

BlackDragonMTG wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that i'll be making a smoothstone generator at my build location that i should have thought of a while ago to help with my stone brick production xD oh well. Can't believe I forgot about that, at least now I won't need to mine the world of it's smooth stone and others can have some. Tonight I gotta make a infinite pool beneath my current tower get to town to buy new picks and remove the wizard tower. Once I do that I'll probably be going back in to my creative world to play with redstone some more to work on my seemless/flush doors which I have a feeling I'll need to make a obsidian room beneath my build location to run all the wiring from.

If you want, I can show you how to set up 8 or more furnaces funneled to the same chest. That's how I made my two chests full of smooth stone. The not-so-secret tech to make smelting quick is loads and loads of hoppers (3 per furnace, so 15 iron per), so hopefully you have tons of iron.

I'd like to build my little hobbit village and mine everything underneath the houses. I started on prototype houses in single player and I think they're turning out really well. Each house will have a large chest, a bed, a furnace, and a crafting table in it as well as a lighted staircase that leads down (which is where I get the cobblestone to build them).

I also just realized that because I'll be mining everything underneath, it'll be hobbit-like with little houses and farms above ground and dwarf-like below with tunnels, store rooms, caves, etc. What does one call a hobbit/dwarf mix? A dwobbit? A hobarf?

Clearly, we have to make sure our builds are the right proportional distance apart. (kidding, this is impossible, Hobbiton and Orthanc are several hundred kilometers apart. No scale that matches the buildings would even fit on the server).

I had to move the walls around in my creative build. It was annoying. I cannot even fathom how annoying it would've been outside of creative.

Hopefully I'll have the height figured out soon, to make sure wherever I build it is low enough. Then I'll be able to pick a location and get started.
Anonomuss
First Video: iPotato

Postby Anonomuss » 05 Mar 2014, 02:11

My goal is to build an underwater complex to go with my Bioshock lighthouse.

Currently the bathosphere just takes people down a rather unimpressive waterslide (Diagonals are hard D:) so I'd like to make that actually lead to something more substantial.

Return to “Video Games”