Dark Souls General

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Re: Dark Souls General

Postby ElFuzzy » 08 Jul 2014, 18:31

I bested Orenstein and Smough with the help of Sunbro and another player. Now I'm confused where to go and what to do. Can I get a little guidance?
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Jul 2014, 20:16

Yeah, I was wearing Havel's Ring too, but with his armour as well, so I was medium rolling, and more importantly, I was bad at it. :P
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 08 Jul 2014, 22:53

ElFuzzy wrote:I bested Orenstein and Smough with the help of Sunbro and another player. Now I'm confused where to go and what to do. Can I get a little guidance?

Assuming you got the Lordvessel from Princess Gwyndolin, there are four Lord Souls to go and fill it with. The order you tackle them in is up to you.

Darkroot Garden & New Londo Ruins - If you follow the staircase leading underneath the bonfire at Firelink Shrine, you'll find an elevator leading to the flooded ruins of the city of New Londo. If you take the path near the blacksmith Andre of Astoria, that leads to the Darkroot Garden. The great grey wolf Sif, found at the end of the garden, guards a item that will be key to defeating the Four Kings of New Londo and claiming their Lord Soul.
New Londo Ruins contains loot useful for the regular upgrade path for weapons.
If you don't take the Lordvessel straight to Kingseeker Frampt, an NPC will await you at the boss's lair with a proposition for you.

Demon Ruins & Lost Izalith - Behind Quelag's lair and below the second Bell of Awakening is the blazing remains of Izalith, home of Pyromancy. The Lord Soul of the Witch of Izalith is down here somewhere...
These areas contain loot useful for the fire upgrade path for weapons and mastering Pyromancy.
Several NPCs have key events in this region.

The Catacombs & Tomb of the Giants - Below the graveyard at Firelink Shrine is a deep well of death and decay. Worshipers of Gravelord Nito, first of the dead, gather here. You seek him for his Lord Soul.
These areas contain loot useful for the divine upgrade path for weapons and mastering Miracles.
The Tomb of the Giants is also oppressively dark, as it never sees the sun's grace. Finding a way to bring light with you might serve helpful.

The Duke's Archives & Crystal Cave - In Anor Londo, near the bonfire tended by the Lady of the Darkling, is a castle gifted to the traitorous dragon Seth the Scaleless. For his role in defeating the Everlasting Dragons, he was granted a place to pursue his research into immortality. More importantly to your quest, he was also granted a Lord Soul.
These areas contain loot useful for the magic upgrade path for weapons and mastering Sorceries.
Several NPCs have key events in this region.
If you have access to the add-on campaign (via DLC or Prepare to Die Edition), the key to unlocking it might be found here.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5

Return to “Video Games”