The Sims 4?

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

The Sims 4?

Postby Duckay » 09 Sep 2014, 00:41

I know it's not the style of game that traditionally sees a lot of interest on these forums, but I was just wondering. Anyone played it yet? Anyone staunchly not getting it because of the differences between the Sims 3 and 4?

For my part, I love the new features in Sim creation and I love the ability to customize the Sim bodies, I love emotions and I love some of the new interactions (Sims can finally breastfeed - it's weird that that's what I notice, but it's true). I really hate the loading screens between each location, but so far that's my biggest quibble.

Anyone else?
Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Re: The Sims 4?

Postby Jonci » 09 Sep 2014, 06:43

I'd probably like the creation system and the emotions feature, but they took away too much for me to care about Sims 4. The living town map was my biggest attraction to Sims 3. Sometimes I would just ignore my family and go see what was happening with the AI townsfolks at the park.

Now it's just a menu to click, load, and appear at some blocked out area. That's just going backwards with the series.
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 09 Sep 2014, 07:06

I was willing to give it a try, but since EA apparently doesn't recognise my graphics card, it won't run. Sims 3 runs, but it has a popup along those lines, and guesses at settings. On the plus side, they honoured the refund policy...
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Sep 2014, 07:09

I'll be eargly awaiting Sims 3 being free a month before when Sims 5 will be released.

I do enjoy the Sims, it's just I personally cannot justify the monitary investment with each cycle.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 09 Sep 2014, 16:09

Antitonic wrote:I was willing to give it a try, but since EA apparently doesn't recognise my graphics card, it won't run. Sims 3 runs, but it has a popup along those lines, and guesses at settings. On the plus side, they honoured the refund policy...

That's weird and disappointing, because even though I expected the same thing to happen on my old-ass computer, The Sims 4 runs more smoothly than the Sims 3 did.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a glitch or the game sassing me, but telling your Sim to play Sims Forever on the computer does not trigger the whim "play a video game", though the other games do.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 09 Sep 2014, 16:45

If that is not a glitch, it is the most epic level self-deprecation media-criticism burn ever.
CiderMuffin
First Video: Reality Tear

Postby CiderMuffin » 10 Sep 2014, 08:24

The Sims has always been the one game I would break my personal boycott of EA games, sadly the Sims 4 doesn't sound appealing and the way the head of Maxis stated "there won't be a sims 5 if sims 4 doesn't do well" sounds like a huge threat to me.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 10 Sep 2014, 16:29

To be honest, I kind of see it both ways.

The statement sounds very reasonable and factual to me. If there's insufficient interest in part 4 of the franchise, there's no financial reason to create part 5 of the franchise.

But I'm not sure why this was a publicly made statement? It sort of seems like a very reasonable financial statement that should generally go without saying.
CiderMuffin
First Video: Reality Tear

Postby CiderMuffin » 10 Sep 2014, 17:00

Oh without a doubt it's reasonable, Paradox did the same thing with the last Crusader Kings 2 dlc in that "If it doesn't do well we might move onto other things" it's very reasonable to move onto something else if the thing doesn't make enough money but...I still kind of see it as a threat or maybe an ultimatum to the fans who want more of a game or more of the franchise.

Still, it can been seen both ways and I'm probably the only one or one of the few people who see it as a threat.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 18 Sep 2014, 15:30

I want to get it, but I keep debating with myself over the cost. I'd have to buy it in-store, and with tax it comes out to $70-80 depending on the edition. That's about 3 sushi dinners, or 6-7 normal dinners out.

But the emotions thing, man, I think that's really cool, I always found sims in Sims 3 to be kind of lifeless. Also they really improved the models over Sims 3's generic "pudding face"! Also the houses people have built in it are amazing. So. conflicted.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 18 Sep 2014, 15:47

"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 18 Sep 2014, 16:11

I'd might think of getting it if it came out on Steam or without a required client.

I'd rather hammer a rusty nail into my knee than install Origin.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!

Return to “Video Games”