Destiny Derp Video

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
DeathNDecay
First Video: I dont remember

Destiny Derp Video

Postby DeathNDecay » 05 Feb 2015, 23:17

Please enjoy a minute of the death throes of my friend here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjLi6FHKCg
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Destiny Derp Video

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Feb 2015, 06:40

You could have posted this in the Lols thread in the general forum. It is lolful.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 09 Feb 2015, 05:08

Woo, an actual Destiny thread! I'm not sure how we managed to avoid having one for quite this long...

Anyways, time to dump all the videos I've been accumulating without any real place to put them:

I have a couple of clips of ragdolls ending up in... strange places. Not nearly as ridiculous as DND's, though...

There is only one correct strategy for public events.

Mystery holes. Mystery motionless mans. Mystery item drops. Destiny pls.

It's important to get a quick start on the strikes...

Vandals have surprisingly good bodyguard training, jumping in front of the proverbial bullet to save their Captain.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
DeathNDecay
First Video: I dont remember

Postby DeathNDecay » 10 Feb 2015, 10:16

Nice videos Mr. phlip. If anyone else out there wants to post their destiny videos here feel free to.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 12 Feb 2015, 00:10

Last edited by Foxmar on 19 Mar 2015, 13:08, edited 7 times in total.
phlip

Postby phlip » 13 Feb 2015, 00:41

[he/him/his]
phlip

Postby phlip » 18 Feb 2015, 16:53

So, every now and again in the party chat will start talking about what Destiny had some mechanic or whatever from other games, and someone (usually me) will suggest a full-on crossover game... I figured I should probably start writing these down somewhere.

Destiny/Transistor: Logan Cunningham to voice the Ghost. Darren Korb to make the soundtrack. Top-down isometric viewpoint optional.

Destiny/Touhou: We need to do *something* with those ships on the loading screen...

Destiny/Octodad: Upcoming encounter from the House of Wolves raid, where you hijack a Walker, one guardian controlling each leg. The Fallen won't suspect a thing.

Destiny/Portal: Because this sort of list always has to include Portal. Honestly probably wouldn't be that groundbreaking, though it'd make the stupid jumping-blocks puzzle in the Vault a lot easier... and having GLaDOS as a Vex mind wouldn't be that surprising, ultimately.

Professor Layton vs Destiny: I have honestly no idea what this would entail, but it sounds amazing.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Destiny: Really, Destiny is a Zelda game already. Crota is basically Ganon (you do kill him with the master sword), the gate lord eye is the ocarina (it even lets you time travel), the Aegis is the mirror shield... all you need is a clip of Peter Dinklage saying "Hey! Listen!" and the conversion would be complete.

Destiny SMOD: The Physics Gun would make killing people with sparrows much more interesting...

[he/him/his]
phlip

Postby phlip » 22 Feb 2015, 03:39

I seem to be turning this into the "Destiny Fleeting Thoughts thread"... one thinks about strange things during the monotony of glimmer farming.

So, I realised that all of Voidwalker, Sunsinger, Bladedancer and Gunslinger are all antibacchii, meaning they can be sung to the tune of Goldfinger. Titans ruin the pattern, as Defender is a amphibrach (and would thus be easy to use in a limerick), while Striker isn't even three syllables (it's a trochee, for those keeping score).

On the other hand, Nova Bomb, Radiance, Golden Gun and Ward of Dawn are all cretics, meaning they can be sung to the tune of Spider-Man. Arc Blade and Fist of Havok don't quite fit, but you can still sing them to that tune at a stretch, it just doesn't quite sound as good (syllables either missing or added).

It is left as an exercise to the reader what the rest of the words of these songs are.

[he/him/his]
TemjinZero
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby TemjinZero » 01 Mar 2015, 14:53

Zemro Shivic

Postby Zemro Shivic » 04 Mar 2015, 11:20

phlip

Postby phlip » 08 Mar 2015, 03:48

Another video dump time...

It takes two to blade-tango.
The Wakening can be a ham sandwich at times...
To lose is to win is to lose.
Ball. Ball? Ball! Ball. - surprisingly creepy without the party chat (ie 5 alleged human adults chanting "Ball! Ball? Ball. Ball? Ball!" for 5 solid minutes).

[he/him/his]
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 18 Mar 2015, 23:33

phlip wrote:Another video dump time...

It takes two to blade-tango.
The Wakening can be a ham sandwich at times...
To lose is to win is to lose.
Ball. Ball? Ball! Ball. - surprisingly creepy without the party chat (ie 5 alleged human adults chanting "Ball! Ball? Ball. Ball? Ball!" for 5 solid minutes).

Ball! Ball ball ball ball ball ball? Ballballball ball!
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
afoersch
First Video: Unskippable - The Darkness

Postby afoersch » 19 Mar 2015, 01:14

Ok, I'm overdue to have joined the forums anyway, and I've got a good stockpile of videos with more on their way.

too-friendly cabal hitchhiker
Ravynn, Master jumper
Iron Banner has a funny way of clearing corpses sometimes
the Image is silent
phlip

Postby phlip » 26 Mar 2015, 02:12

[he/him/his]
afoersch

Postby afoersch » 30 Mar 2015, 13:03

Jade Rabbit Insignia FTW some background on this one:

I was at 8830 of 9000 exp for Unstoppable, going into a weekly (i think) with Kitsune. I'd been admiring his Abraxas emblem, and forgot which emblems I actually had on my own Warlock. Decided to equip the bunny, and apparently doing so gave me enough exp to finish the bounty.

the angriest harpy
secret bladedance tech
SandsShifter, Master Jumpsman
worst best grenade
the Image is silent
phlip

Postby phlip » 31 Mar 2015, 04:47

OK, so this whole Nightfall thing is getting a bit ridiculous...
Long story - Click to Expand
Week of 10 February, I run the Nightfall once, and both I and Ravynn get Hearts of Praxic Fire.

Week of 17 February, I run the Nightfall once, and I get another pair of exotics (though my one wasn't quite as exciting this time).

Week of 24 February, I run the Nightfall twice, and the second run, again a pair of exotics... mine a HoPF again, but with a much higher roll.

Week of 3 March, I run the Nightfall I think three times now, and in one of the runs this time it's two exotic weapons.

Week of 10 March, I forgot to take a screenshot, but in one of the Nightfalls I get Helm of Inmost Light and Graham got Truth. (Graham'll back me up on this if you don't believe me without the screenshot, he'll certainly remember the time he got two Truths in a single day.)

Week of 17 March was Iron Banner week, so I only ran a couple of the Nightfalls on the 2 characters I was Bannering with, then spent the rest of the week doing that. However, right before reset on the 24th I got the last Nightfall on my third character, and got an Exotic drop.

Week of 24 March, I also got one Exotic drop... which, since it was on the same day as the previous one, I sorta count as two half-points, and kept the streak going.

Week of 31 March, to make up for the sketchiness of the previous couple of weeks, it happened twice. This time both of the exotics going to my teammates, with me not getting any... which, to be honest, since I've gotten one of the two exotics in all the previous instances on this list, is only fair.

[edit] Week of 7 April, across 3 Nightfalls, each had one exotic drop. Plus I and Ravynn both got an exotic out of the exotic chest in the Vault. So between the two of us we got 5 exotics today. Because that's reasonable.

[edit] Week of 14 April, again getting one exotic drop from two of them, which I'm now officially deciding Still Counts. And I got one that Xur was selling last week but I was one coin short of buying. And with a much better roll, too. So score. And, for a change of pace, it wasn't Ravynn who got the second one.

[edit] Week of 21 April, four exotics across the nightfalls, with Ravynn getting three of them. I'm beginning to suspect that this might be Ravynn's streak, and I'm just along for the ride...

[edit] Week of 28 April, the streak continues. None for me this week, but the Vault paid out for me this week, giving me two exotic weapons I didn't have (taking me down to 4 I have left to find, including the two raid exotics) so I can't complain.

[edit] Forgot to update this last week, so two weeks at once:
Week of 5 May, Ravynn and I both got exotic chestpieces.
Week of 12 May, Ravynn and Lady both got exotics.
The streak continues.

[edit] Haven't updated in a while, so here's the rundown:
Week of 19 May was House of Wolves release, which means I couldn't run the nightfall at reset, and I don't get to play the game much until the weekend. And I wanted to run through the story once solo before I joined the party, to avoid spoilers. I did manage to run one nightfall, but I was the only one getting drops... so it was impossible to get the "two exotics" drop to happen. However, I did get the maximum number of exotics possible (ie: 1), so my arbitrary decision is: it doesn't count towards the streak, but the streak isn't broken.
Week of 26 May, I had family visiting on Tuesday and didn't get to be around for reset. Didn't get to run nightfall at all this week. Again: doesn't count, doesn't break.
Week of 2 June, one run dropped an exotic for Ravynn and I, and chillinfrog got an etheric light.
Week of 9 June, no less than five exotic drops across the nightfalls, and afoersch got two etheric lights. Still need to make an executive decision on whether etheric light counts as an exotic for the purposes of the streak, but so far I haven't had to make the choice...

Week of 16 June, out of 9 possible drops, 8 exotics. Then I helped DandyGeek and adi_pie through their nightfalls (because Toland's Journal and also because triple burn shotguns vs Omnigul is really fun), and saw another exotic and a couple of etheric light. Wat.

Week of 23 June, 11 out of 11. Went 9 for 9 in my Nightfalls, then since it all happened so quickly (solar burn Valus Ta'aurc, was taking us under 10 minutes) we decided to help out Eldrazi too, since he was running them alone, and got another two. Just to repeat: 11 possible drops, 11 exotics. I... just...

8 9 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 weeks in a row (sorta)...

So yeah, what I'm saying is: when you're running the Nightfalls, you really want to be paired up with me... Though you might need to fight Ravynn for the chance, at this point...

[edit] Though, actually looking at them all at once, I see afoersch has been in that fireteam several times and didn't end up with any of them... so maybe it's not as good a guarantee as I thought...
Last edited by phlip on 23 Jun 2015, 04:22, edited 8 times in total.

[he/him/his]
Ravynn
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby Ravynn » 21 Apr 2015, 11:40

Hey now. Last week I didn't get an exotic!
afoersch

Postby afoersch » 26 Apr 2015, 21:42

the Image is silent
phlip

Postby phlip » 28 Apr 2015, 05:09

Finally got around to uploading a bunch more clips... time for another dump!

Patience is a Virtue - For a moment I really thought the game had crashed...

Xûr-watching, Attempt 1 - Sitting in the tower on Xûrsday, hoping to catch his appearance in case he had some kind of warp-in animation or something...

Teamwork in the Vault - Even when the Sparrow Squad doesn't have access to their sparrows, that doesn't stop them from helping out a friend in need.

Medic Problems - How did you manage to get further away?

I meant that to happen - absolutely nothing unintentional here.

Xûr-watching, Attempt 2 - Kinda disappointing, but still.

Physics! - That's not physics.

Oh, hi! - I didn't see you there!

[he/him/his]
miniwak
First Video: I don't remember

Postby miniwak » 14 May 2015, 07:21

just watched the top vid.................how did that even happen
Calamity001
First Video: Something around Crime and Punishment.

Postby Calamity001 » 22 May 2015, 03:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDzT7b5-OI

I tried to cut some time on my third run through the House of Wolves story.
phlip

Postby phlip » 22 May 2015, 06:56

That's honestly one of my favourite parts of the HoW story mode, being able to experiment with getting a sparrow down into the Templar's Well on my own time, rather than annoying everyone else in the raid...

(That whole back half of the story seemed like VoG 101... between the run down to the Templar's Well and the oracles, to the jumping puzzle going to Skolas... it's like they're saying "Hey guys, this raid still exists! You should check it out, if you haven't already! Now you already know a couple of the mechanics!")

[he/him/his]
Ravynn
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby Ravynn » 23 Jun 2015, 09:56

phlip wrote:OK, so this whole Nightfall thing is getting a bit ridiculous...

Week of 23 June, 11 out of 11. Went 9 for 9 in my Nightfalls, then since it all happened so quickly (solar burn Valus Ta'aurc, was taking us under 10 minutes) we decided to help out Eldrazi too, since he was running them alone, and got another two. Just to repeat: 11 possible drops, 11 exotics. I... just...

8 9 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 weeks in a row (sorta)...[/collapse]
So yeah, what I'm saying is: when you're running the Nightfalls, you really want to be paired up with me... Though you might need to fight Ravynn for the chance, at this point...

[edit] Though, actually looking at them all at once, I see afoersch has been in that fireteam several times and didn't end up with any of them... so maybe it's not as good a guarantee as I thought...

Game too easy.
phlip

Postby phlip » 14 Oct 2015, 04:44

Just caught up on about 5 months of saved-video backlog...

When you're really in a hurry

Never go AFK when you're playing with the sparrow squad

Breaking the timers - another in a long series of "Destiny pls"

Really, I'm just happy to be able to help

I'm really feeling a bit out of sync today...

I really hate it when the actors miss their cues

Do not taunt Happy Fun Taniks

Vital rescue operations

When you're showing someone new the raid, and they don't believe you when you tell them to just jump into the hellmouth, you sometimes need to lead by example.

Thanks, Tips, your input is super appreciated.

I'm being stealthy!

Poor life choices, by chillinfrog... now sit there and think about what you've done.

Poor life choices, by me... I guess I live here now.

So excited to be playing the new raid, had to take a vertical victory lap

I'm pretty sure the primary purpose of the social zones in this game is to find new inventive ways to die

I honestly had no idea that Team Rocket played this game

Who gave the darkness access to feedback fence technology?

And, in our continuing series of "Destiny pls": Undying Mind pls

(at some point I'll copy a few of the more interesting ones across to the SparrowSquad account, but for now I'm going to bed)

[he/him/his]
voicedOtter
First Video: Halo: Future of gaming

Postby voicedOtter » 21 Oct 2015, 19:43

So I was down in the bar with Theycallmejokke and I noticed that the repair lady does absolutely nothing at all. She just plays around with her hands.

See what I mean?

I did have a longer video but I accidentally deleted it from my console. And the character actually changes. I just went back there and its a different person doing THE EXACT SAME THING!!!
Your friendly neighborhood voiced otter cat.

Return to “Video Games”