Wanting to get into Dark Souls

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Aaroon42
First Video: Uhh... the toilet paper one.

Wanting to get into Dark Souls

Postby Aaroon42 » 29 Mar 2015, 17:36

Alright, after watching Cam and Alex play the hell out of DS and then watching Adam play Bloodborne, I really want to get into DS1.

I downloaded the Prepare to Die edition from Steam and it seems kinda toilets compared to what I watched Alex play on stream and it doesn't seem to recognize my xbox controller.

The question is, did Alex (or Cam) at any point explain how they got their game to look better and get the controller to work?

I appreciate any insight or answers that get me into the game to start hating life quicker.
Solomon-Kain
First Video: MTGO Academy Draft

Re: Wanting to get into Dark Souls

Postby Solomon-Kain » 29 Mar 2015, 18:27

You need mods to make the game work properly on PC.

DSFix is the most important of these. Every mod that improves functionality interfaces with DSFix. I know Alex mentioned DSFix several times in his earlier streams, which is how I knew to download it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19

If you have a question about how to get something to work on PC, just put that question into google, 99/100 you aren't the first person to ask it. I had to know what buttons corresponded to what actions by default in order to remap some of them so I asked google "what are keybindings in darksouls by default" and got http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... x-360-game which perfectly answered my question.

I use DSFix, DSMFix (for mouse interface), and a few texture mods to change the look of certain items. The game has VERY good community support, feel free to make liberal use of it, because the game itself just wants to murder you, it doesn't want to help you.

Return to “Video Games”