Let's play through our backlogs

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Re: Let's play through our backlogs

Postby Trippzen » 29 Mar 2016, 18:12

So... backlogs... it's been a while. I've apparently played quite a few games since the last time I updated so I'll try to keep it relatively short (hahahaahahahahaaha), since several of them are well known games already.

Since the last update I've played (mostly in order):
1. Dark Souls II (Alex and Adam played this so I won't bother saying more)
2. The Beginner's Guide (Ian & Cori played this)
3. Artifact Adventure
4. Hotline Miami 2 (really just more Hotline Miami though maybe not quite as good)
5. The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna (the same as main game, which is really, really good)
6. LISA (the First, the Painful, & the Joyful)
7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (it's good, that should be apparent)
8. Q.U.B.E.
9. Pillars of Eternity (James played a bit of this, it's a good D&D style game with a lot of text)
10. Anodyne
11. Last Dream
12. Hacknet
13. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
14. Cave Story+
15. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (it's like The New Order but not quite as good)
16. Evoland 2
17. Freedom Planet (like Sonic but actually good)
18. Gone Home (by popularity this one should be obvious)
19. Far Cry 4 (G&P played this)
20. Sunless Sea (Alex played a bit of this, it's another good game with a lot of text)
21. Max Payne 3
22. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (every list needs a stinker)
23. Half-Life (good by divine mandate)
24. Half-Life 2 + episodes one and two (see above)
25. Jotun (Cori played this, it's good)
26. Mirror's Edge (this was part of Unskippable, possibly a stream as well, it's good but the combat is terrible)
27. The Magic Circle (Paul played this, it's very good)
28. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt

28 games if I added that up correctly, or 32 if you count everything. I found more time to devote to Steam games since I'm finished raiding in WoW till the next expansion and because I finished writing a review for work.

I also wrote out a full paragraph each for most of the 15 or so games that weren't clarified in the previous list and then managed to lose almost all of that text with a click of my mouse so I'm skipping that. I'm certainly not going to try to rewrite all of it. I guess this will make my post a lot shorter at least.

Instead: The only pile of crap I played was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. That game was an utterly disappointing piece of trash. It was a pathetic attempt at an action game that reeked of freshman effort. It wrenched control away from the player every minute for various, equally worthless reasons. The combat was generic and repetitive. There was some attempt at a story that I couldn't maintain interest in for more than a level or two and there's nothing else worth saying except that the first couple of bosses were poorly made knock-offs of bosses from Shadow of the Colossus and the few I could stomache after that were poorly made knockoffs of Zelda bosses.

The really, really good ones that stood out were:
The Beginner's Guide
The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna - I'd still love to see The Talos Principle played on stream
LISA (The First, The Painful, & The Joyful) - Seriously, all three are worth playing, even and possibly especially The First. LISA is not at all like Earthbound. Earthbound handles reality in a light-hearted way. LISA handles madness in dark ways.
Hacknet - Same as The Talos Principle, this is an outstanding puzzle game
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - This would be a really cool game for a co-op stream and I thoroughly enjoyed playing a pair of evil characters
Evoland 2 - I love this series, it's a wonderful homage to video game culture and the progression of video games over time.
The Magic Circle
Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt - This is just a short, adorable game about healing people that I thoroughly enjoyed (and it's free) and I don't have much more to say.

Up next: A pile of indie games that I need to play though. Total 14 games in my backlog despite the number I managed to work through.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)

Return to “Video Games”