Diablo III new Season.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Solomon-Kain
First Video: MTGO Academy Draft

Diablo III new Season.

Postby Solomon-Kain » 02 May 2015, 14:28

Basic Question: is anyone else playing?

I'm currently running a Barb, because I find it far and away the most fun to play. The redesigned sets seem pretty good, not sure how I feel about Ancient Items.

But I LOVE the new WhirlWind set they added. It's easily my second favorite Skill. And I love that it finally has a set built around it. Just wish they would stop trying to force people to use Rend. It's a bad skill and no one likes it.

So thoughts? Anyone up for some rifting/Grifting?
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Diablo III new Season.

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 May 2015, 23:55

I did casually get back into Diablo 3 but then my internets started playing up. It was not fun at all when playing by myself if I get DC'd in a Rift I lose my stone.

I play it casually because the guides out there telling you how to play assume you have certain key pieces of RNG dropping gear. So I have to work out my own build and have no confidence if what I am doing is "right".

I flop between characters because of the nature of the game. I don't enjoy repeatedly farming stuff on a character for a 1% chance of getting an upgrade. Unless I feel like playing that character.
Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 11 May 2015, 00:51

I'm playing d3 a lot more since the latest patch. I basically only play wizard and before 2.2 there was one build and one build only that could get you anywhere in grift levels and that got boring really fast. I'm currently enjoying the new Tal set revamp and got to grift 48 with a whopping 5 minutes to spare. Got totally thrashed in 49 after that, but it could be rng mocking my horrible lack of ranged damage reduction. I enjoy the tweaking of reading up on forums and watching guides to maximize the potential of gear and playstyle to see how far I can get. But still, I play the way I enjoy it so unless I enjoy the current meta I won't be getting into leaderboards anytime soon.

I did play some season 2 since I had someone to play with but it gets tedious starting from scratch alone so I haven't bothered with s3. Not sure if it works playing between servers though.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 May 2015, 05:53

Starting from scratch does not appeal to me at all.
I play RPGs for the character investment. If I've played a class before, I gain little joy redoing the content.
Seasons are not for me. Which is a shame since Seasons seem to be "the end game" of Diablo 3.
Tinasaur

Postby Tinasaur » 11 May 2015, 09:42

Yeah, the endgame is a bit lackluster so Blizzard just recycles the game every few months and as you say there's no fun in having to abandon your favourite character to get anywhere. I do what a lot of players do, leave after a while but come back with every new patch to get some fun out of the new game dynamics . Given ofcourse that Blizzard hasn't listened too much to the "omg nerf barb, dh op" talk and made your class unplayable.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 May 2015, 10:52

I don't know if they could make any class as unplayable as the start of Crusader.

Not sure who thought capping 2her Crusaders at 15% MS was a good idea, with their friends zooming around at 25%.

I don't have the social ties to keep me playing. My Welsh clan died. I'm having trouble finding a Spanish speaking Clan (Welsh was shockingly easy, Spanish is very hard). I have people on my friends lists who play D3, but I haven't actually played with them in years. They have their own social networks now. Me asking if we "could play sometime" would be like the loner kid who's trying to break into people's friendship circles.
Tinasaur

Postby Tinasaur » 13 May 2015, 13:21

Yeah, that's the reason my crusader is a bankchar now :P

I never joined a clan, just played with IRL friends, but I'm in the same situation as you there with people I haven't met for a long time. Social networking is hard online too. >_<
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 May 2015, 15:35

It's just I seem to make friends with people who don't feel mutual affection.

I do have a few online who do and I treasure them dearly. But I do wonder if I should purge the others from my friends list.
Tinasaur

Postby Tinasaur » 14 May 2015, 09:31

Yeah and if you're on battlenet there are quite a lot of games there to feel awkward in with the friendlist.
Katrazaie
First Video: Iron Stomach Challenge

Postby Katrazaie » 10 Jun 2015, 15:08

I haven't played D3 in a few years. The time time I played the real money auctioning was still going on. Is it worth it to have another run through of the game some time? Has a lot been changed/added?
Always Eating Raspberry Yams Now
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Jun 2015, 00:30

YES.

Loot system is more satisfying.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Sep 2015, 13:35

Playing monk in Season 4 on American Servers.

Part of me is wanting to roll another character (I'm an altaholic), but I'd rather save it for the next season.
I have one of each on EU, but haven't played in a year or so. So the heroes have some freshness to them. So I don't want to ruin that.
Ravynn
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby Ravynn » 02 Sep 2015, 15:38

I'm back in for S4, but it appears that everyone seems to already have a Level70? I was away at PAX guys! Come on!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 03 Sep 2015, 04:08

It's surprisingly quick to 70, even if you don't do that mix-max level method.
Just spam adventures and crank the difficulty up to the highest it lets you and you can manage.

Return to “Video Games”