LRRCraft Minecraft Server - PvP

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.

Which game-mode do you want to play most?

Capture the Flag
44%
Regicide
No votes
Battleships
11%
Team Deathmatch
No votes
Castle Assault
44%
Horde Survival
No votes

Total votes: 9
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

LRRCraft Minecraft Server - PvP

Postby FourEyedTroll » 18 May 2015, 15:43

A new-separate thread so can keep people up-to-date with what's going down in the Ocean Arena on the LRRCraft Server.

So...

We had an inaugural game of CTF tonight Vola and I beat Exachix and Aubergine 4-2, with the last red flag in a cunning underground chamber that was doubly well hidden by not defending anywhere near it once built (I only stumbled upon it when fleeing a PvP encounter with Exa).

This was followed up by a game of Regicide. with Exa switched out for Jonga-Khan. This ended in a draw, though there were some brilliant moments by both teams, making the king-kill with surprise speed and persistence chasing alike.

The arena itself needs some tweaks, not least of which including an automated pitch selection system so that players can set and reset pitches manually, and don't need a mod to re-populate supply chests. The structure also need improvement for spectators, though my advice is, if you want to see the action up close, get involved. ;)

Once I've had chance to talk to Cheese about setting us up with command blocks to run the region commands etc, then I'll work on getting it all usable, and worry about aesthetic aspects later. Might be up for a game of Castle Assault tomorrow or Wednesday if enough players are about around 10pm UK time (11pm Euro, 5pm Eastern, 2pm Pacific) for a couple of hours.

Oh, and if anyone wants to peruse the arena rulebook (also has game-type info etc), the original is in the spawn archive.
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Re: LRRCraft Minecraft Server - PvP

Postby Volafortis » 20 May 2015, 16:55

I feel like CTF and Castle Assault appeal to me the most, and I feel the games also become more intense at 4+ players per team, so hopefully we can get some bigger games going.

I also really like the idea of the Battleships map, but I feel like some of the anti-grief measures work against the map. I really like having to plunder the ships for resources, and combat on it is very different, just wish we had fire spread and TNT for it.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 20 May 2015, 17:08

Oh shoot, was that today? I was just being lazy and watching Kathleen. >.<
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 22 May 2015, 00:32

Volafortis wrote:I also really like the idea of the Battleships map, but I feel like some of the anti-grief measures work against the map. I really like having to plunder the ships for resources, and combat on it is very different, just wish we had fire spread and TNT for it.

We're working on that... :)

I'm a bit busy over today and the weekend, so prob Monday evening for the next game. Sorry, joys of PhD research.
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se

Return to “Video Games”