LRR Destiny Guild still live

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

LRR Destiny Guild still live

Postby theycallmejokke » 26 Jun 2015, 08:50

Hello everybody

Long time fan, but first time forum goer.
So some time ago I picked up Destiny for my PS4 (Loving the game!) after having seen Graham have so much fun with it, on Twich.
I have just reached the level (32) where I think a guild would be really handy, and I remember there was talk about making a LRR Destiny guild.
Was it ever made? Is it still up and running?
If the answer to both those two questions are yes, I would love to join as I've allways found the LRR community super friendly and welcoming.

Cheers
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
Ravynn
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Re: LRR Destiny Guild still live

Postby Ravynn » 29 Jun 2015, 09:51

Hey TheycallmeJokee

The LRR Destiny Clan (just look for Loading Ready Run) is still alive and going strong, especially on PS4 (I'm not as sure on the XBOX Side). The clan is pretty full right now, but there's also a feeder clan that Afoersch runs called LRR Sparrow Squad.

To play regularly with us join either one of those, and then add a bunch of us on PSN with a comment that you are a fellow LRR fan. There's usually a LRR chat PSN Party going, and you can drop in at any time and find people for stuff like Prison, Raids, PvP and story missions!

If you need help, add me on PSN (fenrisravynn)

See you in the tower!
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 29 Jun 2015, 13:02

Thanks Ravynn

Your answer and all the answers I got in the LRR Twich chat was very helpful, and totally confirmed my faith in the LRR community.

Looking forward to LRRing up my Destiny game :)

To follow Ravynn's example my PSN is Theycallmejokke.
afoersch
First Video: Unskippable - The Darkness

Postby afoersch » 05 Jul 2015, 17:34

afoersch here, PSN = afoersch

simple, no?
the Image is silent
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 07 Jul 2015, 03:41

Thanks afoersch, looking forward to meeting you in Destiny. :D
DoktorNik
First Video: The Couch

Postby DoktorNik » 31 Jul 2015, 22:40

Hey, Checking in here to see if the destiny Clan(s) are still active on ps4.

Just hit level 24 tonight, and was feeling like the game was a bit lonely, so I thought I'd check back over here to see if anyone is still playing.

My PSN ID is Nickpruss

I'm also about to head out to work, so I'll check back in once i'm done with that.

Thanks in advance,

DoktorNik
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 01 Aug 2015, 06:28

Hey DoktorNik

Yes, the LRR clans are very much still active, though I think the main clan is currently full at the moment, however the LLR sparrowsquard should still have room for you.

I joined up only a little time ago, and I have only meet nice helpsome people.
My PSN is Theycallmejokke. :)
Mr.Tie
First Video: Mancooking (meat onion)(I think)

Postby Mr.Tie » 08 Aug 2015, 17:16

So after seeing some twitch replays on youtube, finally decided to go ahead and upgrade to the PS4, looking at the various bundles, I decided to go with the Destiny one coming up, which includes the expansions.

So of course I'll go through the main campaign before trying to join the sparrows (if there's still spots). An earlier question however, could be which class should I pick? I'm debating between Titan and Warlock at the moment. Anyone got preferences, or know what's currently 'overused'?
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 09 Aug 2015, 09:31

Hallo Mr.Tie

I don't think you have to wait for your guardian to level up, for you to join up, but on to your question. I personally play a Titan as I find it to be the most forgiving of the classes, I've only shortly tried out the two other classes so hopefully others in the community can talk to you about them.
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 15 Sep 2015, 08:45

So is LRRStiny still a thing? I finally caved and bought the Taken King PS4, and I'd love to get into the game before Witcher/Fallout 4 suck all of my free time.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 15 Sep 2015, 08:49

It is indeed still a thing bv310! :)
damagicbanana
First Video: unskippable RE:5

Postby damagicbanana » 24 Sep 2015, 20:59

Hello LRR Friends
long time watcher first time poster

I just picked up Destiny this last week and was wondering if I could join up with the one destiny LRR group/clan/guild(s)

PSN name Da_Magic_Banana

thanks
looking forward to being space gun wizards with everyone :)
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 26 Sep 2015, 23:32

Just bought The Taken King for me and my girlfriend. How big's the guild and what kind of things do you do? I'm window shopping right now.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 27 Sep 2015, 17:07

The clan is is pretty big... IIRC a clan can have 100 PSN members and 100 XBL members, and the PSN side of the main clan is full (which is why we have a second clan, the SparrowSquad). You can still join the group, but only so many people can set it as their clan, for some reason. But a lot of those people are inactive, or don't play much, so it's not as huge as it sounds. And anyway, it turns out actually being in the clan doesn't achieve all that much... there's a clan forum on bungie.net but it's basically unused. All it really gets you is the words "LoadingReadyRun" under your name ingame.

What's much more useful is the PSN Party chat. Most any time, there'll be one running, and as long as you're PSN friends with one of the people in the chat, you'll be able to see it. Then you can drop in, say hi, hang out. Depending on the time of day there'll usually be as many as around a dozen people on during the peak times, down to maybe 1 or 2 while everyone in the US is asleep.

Mostly it's just a collection of runners hanging around and chatting about whatever while we do our separate things, but if you need a hand with a tricky mission, or want someone to join you grinding strikes or running PvP or whatever, then there's a reasonable chance someone will be up for it. Getting a raid together is a little trickier, depending on the time, since that requires more people involved, but timezones willing, you can hopefully work something out.

Best way to get started is to shoot a friend request to a bunch of people who often hang out in the party. Some good names to start with: LordVulpes (aka foxmar320), TemjinZero, DeusParnel, ladymav20, Fenrisravynn, afoersch, AcidityLip (me)... that should be enough to get you started. Then, once you can see the party, drop in, and send a friend request to everyone there. Eventually you'll get to the point where you're friends with most of the regulars, and you'll usually be able to see the party whenever it's there. Remember to mention in the friend request that you're a Runner, so we know who you are...
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 28 Sep 2015, 07:50

Thanks, Phlip. That was more detailed than I expected. So far me and my girlfriend are going to be playing around Friday for the first time and depending on how we find it, we might be looking for something a bit higher end to do a raid or two.

I played Destiny when it first came out. I did not enjoy it. The combat was fun but the repetition was destroying me. But The Taken King has had such great reviews and even an original game overhaul that I figured I'd try it again.

But at least I know if I take it further what I'd need to do to get into a clan and who to sign up with.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
bv310

Postby bv310 » 29 Sep 2015, 20:53

So EBGames decided to screw me around a bit before actually sending my PS4, but now it's at least updating and moving. Should be starting the game tomorrow. Any advice for a total newbie?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 29 Sep 2015, 22:03

There's not much that's too complicated in the early game you need to worry about... there's no skill trees you have to worry about (you have different perks to choose from, but you can change your choices at any time), no complicated gear choices to make (just using whatever you have with the highest numbers will do you fine all the way up to the level cap). It's pretty much impossible to screw yourself with bad decisions.

Pretty much the only important decision is which class to play, and even then the differences between the three classes isn't that major, all three play roughly the same, just have some different abilities... it's not like an RPG where a tank class and a dps class and a support class have wildly different roles and playstyles... regardless of your class in Destiny, your gameplay is still going to involve mainly shooting things and trying not to get shot. And even that decision isn't a complete lockout, as there's only 3 classes, and your account can have 3 characters... so a lot of players eventually end up with one of each anyway.

Just make a character with whatever sounds fun to you, and play through the story missions. Follow the quest chains, experience the story, get XP and loot, make all the numbers go up. When you get to the level cap, the game becomes more a game of finding gear with good stats that matches your playstyle, rather than just levelling up and getting better numbers... but by that point you'll probably have a feel for what the different options are and how you want to play the game.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
bv310

Postby bv310 » 08 Oct 2015, 20:44

Okay, so I ended up restarting once my Warlock got to level 18, purely so I could have a cool cape and Nathan Fillion as my Vanguard. My Hunter's up at 16 atm, and I'm hoping to start doing House of Wolves this weekend. Anyone else in the same range and want to start running a few strikes with me?
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 15 Oct 2015, 11:31

Well I got into destiny. Level 40 Titan now.

Tag is Utilitarian_stfd

is the main LRR clan still full, should I join Sparrows?
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
Mr.Tie

Postby Mr.Tie » 15 Oct 2015, 12:56

not sure if it's full or not, but you can still join the group, the 'clan' itself doesn't matter that much, like phlip explained. You can join sparrow to if you want, it's pretty much PS4 only though
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 28 Oct 2015, 10:44

Did something happen to Sparrow Squad? Trying to join but I see a lot of clans with that name (or similar names) but none seem LRR related.
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
Mr.Tie

Postby Mr.Tie » 28 Oct 2015, 13:39

seems up to me, here's the link https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/920093

and for good measure, the 'main' LRR group https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/309608

main difference is that sparrow if PS4 only, LRR have a mix of consoles
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 17 Nov 2015, 09:30

I have also jumped back into the Destiny thing. My name should be Rednightmare7 on PS4. Add me if you want, but do mention you are from the LRR forums, otherwise I won't accept (gotten too many random requests before).

EDIT: I seem to be mistaken, My PSN name seems to be Red Nightmare. It also shows Rednightmare7, but I expect that is my Twitch account.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Naxochils
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Naxochils » 27 Nov 2015, 09:15

So i started last night. I think i can do the referral code thing? If so just send me a code
PSN: Nicktheninja777 (Yes i was 13 when choosing this name)
bv310

Postby bv310 » 08 Dec 2015, 18:41

Welp, I've been Sparrow Racing for like 4 hours and have actually upgraded my helmet significantly. Thanks Bungie!

Return to “Video Games”