Fantasy Mafia: Game Finished

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 2

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 16:07

I'm not actually voting for you because I don't know if you're a wereweagle or a flawed cop, whereas we now know Memo is a threat.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 16:09

How about this to prove my role: I'll investigate someone tonight who has not posted their rules text and they can verify if I revealed their role correctly?
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 22 Oct 2015, 16:13

Duckay wrote:I'm not actually voting for you because I don't know if you're a wereweagle or a flawed cop, whereas we now know Memo is a threat.

A threat who relies on predicting who the wereweagles will kill in order to win. Once again: The faster the wereweagles are lynched, the less of a chance he has to raise minions. From a Town standpoint, he is not the highest priority threat.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 22 Oct 2015, 16:17

And if you're correct that there are two, or if that we miss on our lynch, then he gets a chance to ruin basically all the progress we've made.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Oct 2015, 16:18

What if I track Memo tonight, so I can tell you all who he turns, if anyone?
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 16:21

Since you're clearly not paying attention to what I'm saying and just blindly arguing with me, I'll lay it out.

1. If you blindly try to lynch a wereweagle and are wrong, that gives any anti-town forces more time to take us out.
1a. If instead we lynch a known quantity we at least know we're getting somewhere.
2. Even if you successfully lynch a wereweagle (which at this rate you're not going to do), that doesn't mean there are no kill roles left, so until you hit the last one, Memo is still a threat.
3. The statement made earlier that Memo is as much a threat to the mafia as the town is false. Memo cannot turn the mafia unless there is a vigilante to kill them.
4. Memo only has to hit once for there to be a new threat on the board that may have previously been exonerated and of whom we have no idea at all. This is far scarier than someone who is and has been against us the whole time.

Also point 5 on a different note.

Your rules text does not indicate in any way that you are going to get accurate readings. You could still be the "suspicious cop".
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 22 Oct 2015, 16:31

Duckay wrote:How about this to prove my role: I'll investigate someone tonight who has not posted their rules text and they can verify if I revealed their role correctly?

The only person who could fit that description is Kapol.

One thing to note about our claims to having the investigation roles: you claim your ability gives you people's entire role, whereas I just find out whether they're Town or Anti-Town. Might be worth considering which of those abilities is more likely to be in this game, given what we've heard of the other roles plus the smaller number of players.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Oct 2015, 16:33

Duckay, you might want to be careful; you're looking more and more like an increasingly desperate Wereweagle.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 16:33

I see you have no actual counterargument to any of the points I made about AdmiralMemo, but thanks for changing the subject.

In a game of 8 people where it seems that literally every person has a power role? Yeah, mine is a likely role. Thanks for noticing.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 Oct 2015, 16:35

Jamfalcon wrote:What if I track Memo tonight, so I can tell you all who he turns, if anyone?

I would rather you track me and actively deal with the threat. If we have both investigative roles check me out, then we're able to narrow down the last options to two people. Even if they go after you (or better case, try to take me out to 'test' my immunity for some reason), we still have another investigator. Whichever, if not both, should be able to turn me up as clean. If they don't, lynch me. I'll honestly vote for myself in that case. Then, when that shows my innocence, at least we know who to go after.

The only lose situation is that if Duckay and Metric are both mafia. And I highly doubt that at this point.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 16:37

Robo4900 wrote:Duckay, you might want to be careful; you're looking more and more like an increasingly desperate Wereweagle.

I'll admit straight up that I'm in a terrible mood today. I didn't like the way Memo was behaving because I find "it's your fault I'm depressed" to be among the most manipulative things you can tell someone (and no, I won't go into why; that's far too personal) and found it very affronting that you threatened to lynch me unless I retracted my vote for him. Add to that Furlong's false claims and unwillingness to listen to reason and some bad stuff going on at home and I'm probably not presenting myself well.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Oct 2015, 16:39

I still haven't read any of this, but Vote: Extend. I need time to read and process, which is quickly draining.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Oct 2015, 16:55

Sorry to hear that; and I'm very sorry if I came off as threatening to lynch vote you if you didn't retract your vote, I just wanted everyone to calm down, since I thought that was just a revenge vote, or a fabricated reaction intended to stir up trouble. So, I am very sorry, and I hope things are better for you tomorrow.

Anyway, as for the lack of counterarguments about Memo...
Duckay wrote:1. If you blindly try to lynch a wereweagle and are wrong, that gives any anti-town forces more time to take us out.
1a. If instead we lynch a known quantity we at least know we're getting somewhere.
True, but I don't think he's a threat right now.
Duckay wrote:2. Even if you successfully lynch a wereweagle (which at this rate you're not going to do), that doesn't mean there are no kill roles left, so until you hit the last one, Memo is still a threat.
True, but I still think the mafia are more dangerous for now.
Duckay wrote:3. The statement made earlier that Memo is as much a threat to the mafia as the town is false. Memo cannot turn the mafia unless there is a vigilante to kill them.
Agreed. In fact, this is part of why I don't think he's a threat.
Duckay wrote:4. Memo only has to hit once for there to be a new threat on the board that may have previously been exonerated and of whom we have no idea at all. This is far scarier than someone who is and has been against us the whole time.
That is true. But, given how chaotic things are right now, I think who the mafia will choose to kill is anyone's guess at this point, so I'm not sure Memo will be able to predict it.
Duckay wrote:Your rules text does not indicate in any way that you are going to get accurate readings. You could still be the "suspicious cop".
Eh, I'm not so sure about this. It's possible, given all the strange variations Mono_Snorsh has worked into this game, but I doubt it.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Oct 2015, 16:55

(Clarification: That post was aimed at Duckay; forum lag means I didn't see Memo's post)
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 17:01

In broad terms I guess it was sort of a revenge vote, not because he had voted for me but because I was upset about the rest of the content of his post... Struck a nerve as it were. However, I was already on the brink of voting for him as I had detailed above so that's why I was so irritated at the "stop it or I'll lynch you", because I thought even besides that I had made my reasons clear.

I'd love to be able to just take a few hours off from the game and get my head on straight but accusations and arguments have been flying ever since then and I just feel tense and angry but also like I can't step away right now. It's a bit of a shitty feeling but I'll survive.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 Oct 2015, 17:06

I agree that the mafia is more dangerous, since they have an active kill role. But we don't actively know who is who. I frankly don't trust either Duckay or Metric. Metric has been very silent up until now. It doesn't seem like they've even been trying to steer us towards an actively guilty party if they've known Duckay is a killer, and waiting until everyone else but the two of them were revealed seems like a desperation move to me. And Duckay's general behavior comes off as suspicious (though being a bad mood doesn't help). If I was going to vote for one, it'd likely be Metric, just because of how they've played it. But I honestly have no idea which it is.

We have a 50/50 shot of hitting the right one if we choose one of them. And yes, even if we miss, it's possible Memo doesn't guess correctly, or that the mafia tries to play around him. But if he DOES hit, what then? We're in a really rough spot where pretty much nobody can be trusted anymore. I honestly think we have the game now if we play things right. I think that means going after the active threat and working from there in this case.

Frankly, I feel strongly enough about choosing Memo that I refuse to change my choice. Unless one of them actively admits to being a wereweagle or something like that, I stand where I stand.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 22 Oct 2015, 17:10

Robo4900 wrote:Duckay, you might want to be careful; you're looking more and more like an increasingly desperate Wereweagle.

Yeah. Weird, isn't it? :P

Duckay wrote:I see you have no actual counterargument to any of the points I made about AdmiralMemo, but thanks for changing the subject.

Well point 1 You're a known quantity so that kind of sinks that one

As to point 2: if there's another kill role. In an eight player game I think that's unlikely.
Now, a revenant could potentially have a kill power, but if so that rather screws over point three.
As to point 3: bloc voting is difficult to deal with; even if it wasn't coming at the expense of wereweagle gains.
Regardless of whether or that's as much of a threat, he is a priority target for wereweagles during lynch votes because he can be lynched without immediately opening the weagles up to questions about 'hey, why were you so keen on killing an townsfolk?'.
As to 4: yeah, and assuming the were-weagles don't target him, he has a whopping 25% chance of hitting someone.

I don't think point 5 even merits a response :P
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Oct 2015, 17:27

Someone NEEDS to change their vote, otherwise we'll end up with a tie, no one will be lynched, the mafia will gain the advantage, and I think we'll lose in that scenario.

Duckay, I definitely could have handled that better, and I think we all need some time off this game, which is why it's important for us to come to a decision on this; once the day is over, we have a night phase, which we really need at this point.

Kapol, the problem is, you and Duckay are the only ones that feel this strongly about Memo, which creates a problem. :L

By the way, what time exactly does this day end?
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 17:33

I'm potentially okay with changing my vote but I want to see the answers to the above questions about time and number of votes before I commit.

And Furlong, are you actually now suggesting that in a group of 8 people there's only 1 wereweagle? Because that's what I meant by point #2 about eliminating all the killers. And I think a 25% chance tonight and a potentially higher chance on subsequent nights is just too high.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 22 Oct 2015, 17:40

Robo4900 wrote:Someone NEEDS to change their vote, otherwise we'll end up with a tie, no one will be lynched, the mafia will gain the advantage, and I think we'll lose in that scenario.

This is a fair point.

Truth be told, I'm not averse to Memo getting lynched; he may not be as big a threat but he still is one. It does remove a bit of certainty on solving the Jamfalcon or Kapol dilemma, but if we do lynch Memo and I'm still breathing come next sunrise I'll know that answer for definite anyway (and if I'm dead, then at least you'll know to lynch Duckay).

MetricFurlong wrote:I don't think point 5 even merits a response :P

Actually no, that's unfair, sorry. It does raise a point about priority.

Given what Jamfalcon's said, we can assume that the lower a priority is the faster it fires -hence why the priest can block people. So far, none of the actual players (excluding the GM-controlled first victim) have abilities that share priority numbers with other abilities.

My investigation ability is priority 1. Meaning that it's highly unlikely there's an ability that can 'paint' someone as belonging to another faction that could fire before mine does and give me a misleading result.

Duckay wrote:And Furlong, are you actually now suggesting that in a group of 8 people there's only 1 wereweagle? Because that's what I meant by point #2 about eliminating all the killers.

No, I meant it's unlikely there'll be another kill roll besides a wereweagle.

Plus, if we lynch you there will only be one wereweagle left once night falls :wink:

And I think a 25% chance tonight and a potentially higher chance on subsequent nights is just too high.

I am pretty sure I can answer for definite who your team mate is come tomorrow morning, so unless revenant's can kill, there are unlikely to be any subsequent lethal nights to worry about.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 Oct 2015, 17:41

I honestly just find it frustrating that I seem to be the only one who feels strongly about this. I honestly don't care who is with or against me. I'm sticking with what I think is best for us here. I wouldn't be arguing about this if I didn't think that Memo's role was a threat that can mess up everything we've spent so long working on figuring out. As well, if the worst does happen, we miss and he gets a zombie on his side, then the game is going to go quite a bit longer as we try to refigure everything out.

Also, we've only really heard from us four recently. Smeg has been completely silent for a while. Jam hasn't said too much. And Memo seems to be busy at the moment without trying to process everything that's being said.

I could be wrong, but I think that we have four votes for an extend. If people don't want that, I will retract my vote for it.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2015, 17:46

Okay, look, mate, I know you're suspicious of me. But please stop making counter arguments against things I haven't said.

I did not say that someone might have the ability to muddy a role. I said there was a possibility that your role might have a percentage chance to "misfire" because with a large number of power roles and twists that is very plausible.

I agree with you that there's unlikely to be another kill role (and if there is it might be something passive like "when I die I take you with me" or something), but that's why I was so confused when you "countered" my point about needing to kill all wereweagles and not just one by saying there was probably only one kill. I think that one was a straight up miscommunication.

I feel better now, having actually admitted that I was feeling cranky and why. Sorry about being a sour pants.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Oct 2015, 17:46

I'm pretty sure Smeghead is asleep at the moment.

By the way, if I'm counting right, we only have 2 votes for an extension.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Oct 2015, 17:50

Kapol wrote:Also, we've only really heard from us four recently. Smeg has been completely silent for a while. Jam hasn't said too much. And Memo seems to be busy at the moment without trying to process everything that's being said.

I'm still here and checking back regularly - just got other things on the go and I haven't had anything to add. I'm still suspicious of Duckay, and think Metric is more likely telling the truth, and I think the wereweagle threat is much more dangerous than the Memo one.

As for Smeghead, like he's mentioned before he's probably sleeping while all the action is going down. It is around 4:00 AM in Sweden. I don't envy him waking up to all of this. :P Though at least Robo can use their secret chat to advise him.

And Duckay, glad you're feeling better, because I don't want to think that anyone is taking this game and all the wild accusations tooooo seriously. :)
Last edited by Jamfalcon on 22 Oct 2015, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Oct 2015, 17:50

Also, I'm going to sleep soon. So, I think now's the time for anyone to say if they strongly believe the day should be extended.

I personally think we've got all we can out of this day, though.

Return to “Video Games”