Fantasy Mafia: Game Finished

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 2

Postby Smeghead » 24 Oct 2015, 23:50

Kapol. Did someone try to kill you during the night?
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 25 Oct 2015, 03:17

Does revenants die if the necromancer does?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 03:27

Smeghead wrote:Kapol. Did someone try to kill you during the night?

Not that I know of. But given my role doesn't say that I would be told if I was targeted, I don't think that necessarily means anything.

At this point, it's safe to say I was wrong about there not being a third 'mafia' player. Duckay's role makes it very clear that there's a second wereweagle out there. This means that there are three possibilities for what happened last night. Either the packleader chose to go after me, they went after the same person that Memo chose, or the mafia chose not to night kill (assuming they're able to not night kill).

Given we don't seem to have a town doctor, it's possible the packleader assumed I was that role trying to protect myself. At best, they get rid of me with the chances of Memo also choosing me being fairly low. At worst, nothing happens and they get to put suspicion on Memo. Just choosing not to night kill is also entirely possible, as that prevents Memo from getting a zombie. And, of course, us ending up with a zombie could have very well happened.

Do Jam or Metric have any information to give us?
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 25 Oct 2015, 03:58

Priority number one right now is that Robo and Smeghead need to find out from Mono_Snorsh if their telepathy ability would let them know if the other cultist changed faction or not.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 25 Oct 2015, 04:04

I was wondering about that too. Does it?
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 04:48

I hadn't considered that, honestly. It doesn't seem like it would, since it mostly seems like a chat ability, but it doesn't hurt to ask. That'd be a huge boon if so.

I will say that seems like it's something better to ask over PM, given it would be role information. But I'm not sure how sensitive that information is.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 25 Oct 2015, 04:58

If Mono Thinks it's for the best to answer me with a PM, then he should do so
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 25 Oct 2015, 05:37

Smeghead wrote:Does revenants die if the necromancer does?

Memo said earlier that he could still win if he died as long as the person he raised survived to the end; which suggests they don't.

Kapol wrote:Do Jam or Metric have any information to give us?

Well, something's been bothering me since we lynched Duckay. Specifically that the other wereweagle is called the Pack Leader. Which would imply they're a 'godfather' type of role, and therefore won't ping as anti-town if I investigate them.
This would also go some way to explaining why I'm still alive and not a member of the undead, as I wouldn't be an immediate threat to the remaining wereweagle but could be useful in uncovering revenants.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 05:50

Is that kind of role common? I don't remember seeing it in the games I've played on here, but it has been a while.

I'd honestly be surprised if we had a recruiter, an investigator, AND some kind of role like that as part of the mafia in such a small game. That seems like way too much to me. I still find a third mafia member surprising.

As for why you're alive, I can think of another reason. You're an obvious target. With Memo around, the mafia has to play around him, or risk being overwhelmed. Of course, it's still possible you have been turned. I really don't trust anyone now. I asked for both of your outcomes is because you couldn't both be turned, I think.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 25 Oct 2015, 06:15

I don't recall a 'godfather' ever being immune to investigation. They tend to be immune to night kills, but given that the only killing roles are mafias; it would be a pointless ability to have for a member of the mafia.

Also, unless the GF messed up and didn't select a person to kill; I'm pretty sure we have to assume that Memo got lucky and that there is now a Revenant about, because I don't see us as having another saving role in the game. Or unless someone has a ability that can somehow make them night-kill immune.

If the revenant remains alive after Memo’s death this could get tricky. At the moment we can assume that there are 3 Townies left, 2 Undead and 1 Mafia.
If we Lynch memo that stops the undead from spreading (although I think the mafia might aim to take him out tonight (thought they would have killed him last night)). But if we instead manage to pinpoint and kill off the last remaining mafia that leaves Memo in a bad situation as he can no-longer recruiter and making him the target of the next lynching as Town has majority.
Tracking down and killing the revenant might be tricky from there on out.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Oct 2015, 06:31

Kapol wrote:or the mafia chose not to night kill (assuming they're able to not night kill).
I'd say that this option is unlikely, because Mono_Snorsh said we have to play to our won-con. If this did happen, either a convincing PM was sent regarding why no kill was playing to the win-con, or the other mafia member has an alternate win-con.
MetricFurlong wrote:
Smeghead wrote:Do revenants die if the necromancer does?
Memo said earlier that he could still win if he died as long as the person he raised survived to the end; which suggests they don't.
To clarify, that's only speculation on my part, due to there being an undead "faction" that can win rather than me just having a special role. Speculation, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 25 Oct 2015, 06:38

I can't do public rules commentary about any roles but moderator confirmed ones.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 3

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Oct 2015, 06:56

I would also like to point out that I am very surprised to be alive right now, though I suspect that might not be the case for long.

I communed with korvys and found out he protected Jam, confirming that bit of information. Unfortunately, he doesn't know who killed him. :-(
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 25 Oct 2015, 06:59

So... you are also a medium? Guess it makes sense
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 25 Oct 2015, 07:11

Smeghead wrote:I don't recall a 'godfather' ever being immune to investigation.

That's generally what they're known for being.
There is also the fact Snorsh specified investigation abilities are reliable, not that they were accurate. Which would imply that if there was anyone who had an ability that said they read as town even if they're not, I would still read them as town.

It also seems highly unlikely that the pack leader wouldn't have an ability beyond 'nightkill' given that everyone else in this game so far has a developed role, and I can't think of any other abilities they're more likely to have, given that their team already had a sleuth.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 25 Oct 2015, 07:19

(BTW, Smeghead and I both appear to still be townies)
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 08:09

MetricFurlong wrote:
Smeghead wrote:I don't recall a 'godfather' ever being immune to investigation.

That's generally what they're known for being.
There is also the fact Snorsh specified investigation abilities are reliable, not that they were accurate. Which would imply that if there was anyone who had an ability that said they read as town even if they're not, I would still read them as town.

It also seems highly unlikely that the pack leader wouldn't have an ability beyond 'nightkill' given that everyone else in this game so far has a developed role, and I can't think of any other abilities they're more likely to have, given that their team already had a sleuth.

If that's what it's generally known for, then the confusion might just lay with those of us who generally play here. I don't recall it every really coming up myself, so I didn't expect it to be the case. But that also might just be partly due to the gap we've had in these games.

As for other roles it could fill, I'm not entirely sure. I don't know a ton about the game outside of what we've played here. But looking at Duckay's role, the 'godfather' does seem to have the power to choose which member of the faction kills who. If I'm reading this right, that means that Duckay had no real control over who was killed. That kind of control over who dies and who does it actually seems pretty strong with some of the roles we've been told. That's about the only other thing I can think of. And if dodging investigations is what 'godfathers' are known for, then it can't be ruled out.

If that is the case though, I still want to hear what Jam found out. I think his ability might actually be the most important if Metric is correct. That's assuming he actually has it and hasn't been turned. Though saying that out loud makes me curious... does being zombified actually get rid of one's abilities?
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 25 Oct 2015, 08:22

(Sorry about any typos, I'm writing this from my phone.)

Okay, now that I'm awake: I followed Memo last night. I can confirm he talk to Korvys, and I can tell you that he targeted Metric Furlong. So I'd say decent odds he is now a revenant. Nobody targeted Memo that I could see.

So, I think we pretty much now what's going on now. Assuming you're all willing to believe me, we know that I'm innocent, Memo at the very least has two abilities, one of which targets dead players, so he's almost certainly truthful. Given Duckays alignment, I trust Metric was a faction investigator, but I suspect he's now undead. Duckay's role post made it clear there's only one other wereweagle, so I think we cab safely rule out Robo and Smeg.

And that just leaves Kapol, the guy who was siding with Duckay and pushing for a Memo lynch instead, and who has ab unverifiable, not useful to the town power. He also tried to tell Metric and me to investigate him, so I suspect his Godfather power will either throw off checks or do something bad to us.

I'm pretty sure I'm right, so without further ado, I'll go right to saying vote: Kapol
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 25 Oct 2015, 08:32

Sorry, didn't see Kapol's post before mine. Doesn't change my understanding, but I just wanted to say that yes, if my memory is right, according to Memo's PM, undead would lose their powers.

I wrote a book!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 08:33

...I was actually just about to post realizing that Jam's ability is likely not true, as he's the only one left that can't be innocent. Given their behavior towards each other, I'm confident Metric isn't the other mafia member. And Smeg and Robo can vouch for each other.

The reason I was thinking that Jam might be the most important is that, if his ability to follow was true, that's likely not an investigative role. If Metric is right, then I figure he'd still be able to see what happens, as it involves two parties.

I'm going to have to vote: Jamfalcon due to what I just mentioned. I really don't have any defense against what he's said of course. And given how Duckay voted around me, I can't really have a defense. Either way the town is going to be able to get the last wereweagle. I just hope it's not too late to stop Memo.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 08:34

I'm also going to vote: Shorten. We shouldn't need the full three days for this one way or the other, unless anyone else has a better idea.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 25 Oct 2015, 08:41

But I was firmly in the camp of Metric bring an investigator when both he and Duckay claimed that, and I was fully on board with Lynching her when the choice became her or Memo. I don't recall where you fell on the first issue, but if someone not on their phone wanted to go back and look, I'm sure they'd see you took her side or stayed neutral.

And voting to shorten seems like a desperate defence to me. I'm not afraid of discussion if we need it for people to make up their minds, because I'm confident my story will hold up better than yours.

I wrote a book!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 08:51

The thing is, you're right. It is one of us two. That's why I think shorten is fine here. I think two days is enough for this. And, frankly, I can't defend myself. Most of the best evidence is mostly in how Duckay voted. And I have no control over that. If I was anyone else, I'd vote for me too.

As for the other issue, I mentioned that I would have likely voted for Metric, but I did and still do think getting rid of Memo was the right choice. I still thought there was only two of the other 'mafia.' And, frankly, I don't see any reason why the wereweagles would or should care about Memo. He's not a threat to them. Sure, he could stop their killing. But in doing so, he creates more suspicions in the ranks. Now the town likely has to deal with a revenant on top of everything. That's three mafia roles against three town.

The way I see it, either way, we get rid of the last wereweagle no matter which of us goes. And it's a fairly binary choice. That's why I mentioned if there's any other ideas, then the shorten isn't necessary. If there's anything worth discussing, I'm happy to do it. I just don't think there is anymore.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 08:52

Though, admittedly, my attitude is likely due to the fact I'm very tired and confident I'm going to be the one chosen given I was already placed on the chopping block. That puts me in a downer mood. I apologize if I come off as hostile. It's important to remember that, in the end, this is supposed to just be a game.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 25 Oct 2015, 09:38

Kapol wrote:...I was actually just about to post realizing that Jam's ability is likely not true

Ah, but see that brings up a problem for you.

Because if Jam's ability is fabricated, then it raises the question: who has the priority 3 ability?
Korvys had Priority 0, Duckay had a Priority 2 ability and with her death we now know that the wereweagle night kill ability is priority 4 (given that Duckay's specified co-operation with someone else, it seems very unlikely the pack-leader has a different priority for that one). Memo had priority 5 and 6; my ability has priority 1.

So then, if Jamfalcon is lying about his priority 3 ability; that means you're probably lying about your ability.
Of course, if he's telling the truth, then by process of elimination you have to be the Pack Leader and are therefore lying about your ability.

Rather puts you in a bind, doesn't it? :P

So then, Robo and Smeghead; I will back whoever it is you choose to off on this round as between the 3 of us we can probably carry this. As it stands, Kapol, Jamfalcon and Memo are all anti-town (Kapol most likely being the wereweagle, Jamfalcon being the revenant - that might be reversed but I doubt it).

If the revenant is a kill role and can survive Memo's death, we're screwed regardless (to the point where I suspect it's probably not).
If the revenant is a kill role but can't survive Memo's death (again, unlikely) then Memo is the obvious target.
If the revenant is not a kill role, then offing the wereweagle makes the most sense, although town can still possibly win if we lynch Memo this round instead.

In any case, I'll follow your lead on this one.

Return to “Video Games”