Fantasy Mafia: Game Finished

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 3

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Oct 2015, 10:14

Smeghead wrote:So... you are also a medium? Guess it makes sense
I did mention that in my post revealing who I really was, but here it is again, for reference:
Necromancy: Each Night you can send me a PM to relay to a dead player of your choice and receive a response through PM. This does not require an action. Priority 5.
As for other things...
Kapol wrote:That's assuming he actually has it and hasn't been turned. Though saying that out loud makes me curious... does being zombified actually get rid of one's abilities?
Jamfalcon wrote:yes, if my memory is right, according to Memo's PM, undead would lose their powers.
Correct, as far as I'm aware. However... My Resurrection ability has Priority 6. Jam's Tracker ability has Priority 3. Duckay's lynch result says the Mafia's Nightkill ability has Priority 4. I would assume that means that if all 3 were activated, Jam would be able to track and get info before he got killed, and then I'd resurrect him. Thus, the tracking info he got would be good, even if his alignment changed afterwards. That said, because his alignment changed, he might not be truthful about what he found out, if his motivations are now different. The same applies to MetricFurlong, who has a Priority 1 ability: info is good, dies, I resurrect, might be lying now.

You all know my priorities have changed now, so I think you'll be looking very carefully at who I vote for. Since now, I should theoretically should be pro-Mafia, you'd think that I'd be trying to lynch someone who I think is Town, clearing them. But then, I could be bluffing, and pick who I think is Mafia. But then, I could be double-bluffing and choose the Townie. Or triple-bluffing and choose the Mafia. So, you know what? For now, I'll just choose the person that Jam said is my revenant. Vote: MetricFurlong :-P Try to guess what I'm thinking now.

And, just to kick it up a notch, Vote: Shorten. Let's see how frantic these posts get. :-D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 10:39

MetricFurlong wrote:So then, if Jamfalcon is lying about his priority 3 ability; that means you're probably lying about your ability.
Of course, if he's telling the truth, then by process of elimination you have to be the Pack Leader and are therefore lying about your ability.

You're the one who said:

It also seems highly unlikely that the pack leader wouldn't have an ability beyond 'nightkill' given that everyone else in this game so far has a developed role, and I can't think of any other abilities they're more likely to have, given that their team already had a sleuth.

It's still very possible Jam has the priority 3 ability. I've no idea what it may be, honestly. I don't think that it's as he described, of course. I doubt the mafia would have two separate investigation roles. But Jam did a great job of having his ability do just enough to sound useful and believable, while not providing any real evidence. He admitted he could use it on the zero night, but just so happened to 'waste' it. On the first night, he said it failed because of Korvys, which he would know he was protected that night anyways. And today, he's saying he used it on Memo, saying that Memo used his ability on you, all while trying to get the second mafia role stuck to me.

I can't really say anything about the priority 3 ability other than that I don't have it. My ability is just static, much like the telepathy ability that Robo has.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 25 Oct 2015, 10:51

Kapol wrote:You're the one who said:
It also seems highly unlikely that the pack leader wouldn't have an ability beyond 'nightkill'

I did. Although you'll notice that 'immune to faction checks' is a passive ability rather than an active one, and that there aren't many other powers it would make sense for the surviving wereweagle to have.
Also, however odd you may think a godfather role is, a bulletproof twonsperson is distinctly more unusual.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 25 Oct 2015, 11:05

AdmiralMemo wrote:So, you know what? For now, I'll just choose the person that Jam said is my revenant. Vote: MetricFurlong :-P Try to guess what I'm thinking now.

I would guess you're trying to bluff us out of suspecting your newfound ally. :P
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Oct 2015, 11:11

Dangit... I actually didn't think about that, honestly. :|

MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 25 Oct 2015, 12:24

With all the shorten votes bouncing around I'm going to through out a vote: kapol, in case Smeghead and Robo don't get back in time.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 25 Oct 2015, 15:44

Can we have a votecount?
Also, if a shorten vote happens, when will the day end?

Anyway, at the moment, shorten votes seem a clear sign of attempted sabotage IMO, so Kapol is looking pretty guilty right now.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 25 Oct 2015, 19:06

Robo4900 wrote:Can we have a votecount?
Also, if a shorten vote happens, when will the day end?

Votecount

Current Lynch Target: Kapol
Extend Votes: 0/4
Shorten Votes: 2/4

Votes for each player
AdmiralMemo:
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong: 1 (AdmiralMemo)
Jamfalcon: 1 (Kapol)
Robo4900:
Kapol: 2 (Jamfalcon and MetricFurlong)

Each player's votes
AdmiralMemo: MetricFurlong, Shorten
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong: Kapol
Jamfalcon: Kapol
Robo4900:
Kapol: Jamfalcon, Shorten

One successful vote for shortening will make the day end 24 hours earlier or at 07:16 UTC on the 27th instead of the 28th.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Oct 2015, 20:17

MetricFurlong wrote:Also, however odd you may think a godfather role is, a bulletproof twonsperson is distinctly more unusual.

I don't know why you keep repeating that. Like I said, it's not something that I remember it. I don't play mafia further than here, so my pool of experience is generally limited. I believe you that it's more common. I tried to say that before. There's no doubt that it makes me look more guilty that that's the case. But there's no way I can really argue against that either.

Robo4900 wrote:Anyway, at the moment, shorten votes seem a clear sign of attempted sabotage IMO, so Kapol is looking pretty guilty right now.

That vote was coming from someone who was very tired (I had been up for 28 hours at that point), stressed out, and getting tired of the game. The last day dragged on way too long. I'd rather not see another day drag on for a nearly a week whenever everything is already on the table.

And if the only real choices are me and Jam, then there's not a ton of arguments that can be made one way or the other. I feel like there's been more than enough information every which way. Once people have made their decisions, I don't think there's going to be much that can persuade them otherwise. It's a fairly binary choice. Metric is highly unlikely it, Memo is confirmed not to be it more or less, and you and Smeg cannot be via the roles you have. Jam and I both put our roles on the table, and have a record to work from. I don't think there's a ton to add here.

And since shorten requires a majority vote, I put it out there so people could vote for it when they've made their choice. I think my voting record does plenty to show I prefer voting for extensions when I think there's more that can be added. I think we're past that point, in terms of looking for the other wereweagle.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 26 Oct 2015, 03:03

But the thing is, we have to tread carefully, because anyone other than Memo, Smeghead, or me could be a revenant.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 26 Oct 2015, 06:08

Lets not shorten this day please
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 26 Oct 2015, 06:11

One wrong move today and Town loses, so can we try not to act rash and hasty? I mean unless you are of a different faction who want to act rash and hasty because you don't want town to win; lets not shall we?
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 26 Oct 2015, 06:16

Robo4900 wrote:But the thing is, we have to tread carefully, because anyone other than Memo, Smeghead, or me could be a revenant.

Given Memo's vote I think we can also exclude MetricFurlong. After all everyone knows who Memo is, and mafia could easily kill him off during the night, and we could vote him off. So him trying to get the only other member of his faction killed is probably not a good idea when he is likely to get offed himself.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 26 Oct 2015, 07:37

But I promise you, Memo targeted Metric last night. So if he has any revenants, it's the person he's voting for. Maybe there was no kill for some reason, maybe the mafia decided if they held back we'd take Memo out first or something. Or maybe, like I said, Memo's trying to throw us off.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 26 Oct 2015, 07:44

Oh right, forgot about that... then all of this makes even less sense!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Oct 2015, 08:33

Smeghead wrote:Given Memo's vote I think we can also exclude MetricFurlong.
Change Vote: Jamfalcon
Jamfalcon wrote:Or maybe, like I said, Memo's trying to throw us off.
Dance, puppets, dance! :-D

Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 26 Oct 2015, 08:53

I think we should completely disregard Memo's actions; we have no way of knowing how deep the(Double/triple/quadruple/...) bluff goes. So, disregarding it all(At least for now) would probably prevent him from playing us.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 26 Oct 2015, 09:57

Robo4900 wrote:I think we should completely disregard Memo's actions; we have no way of knowing how deep the(Double/triple/quadruple/...) bluff goes. So, disregarding it all(At least for now) would probably prevent him from playing us.

I dunno, watching him repeatedly goozle himself is a little amusing :P

Anyway, on to the information front.

I investigated Kapol, and turned up a result of 'town'. Unfortunately, I just can't trust that result, both because of the aformentioned likelihood of the pack leader being a godfather and because due to priority I would be able to tell if he was a revenant (as my investigation would return a result before he was killed and raised).
As to why I think Kapol is the other wereweagle, aside from the fact that his claim about his role was questionable from the beginning, day 2 doesn't make a lot of sense if he wasn't. To start with, even before the votes were going around, he was voicing the opinion that it would be better not to lynch anybody, an action that would only be of benefit to the mafia. He was also the only person Duckay did not cast suspicion on to any real degree. That the two of them voted alongside each other every time it came up again seems really suspicions. Add to this that he came out strongly against revealing role PMs once that started happening, and was the only person who hadn't revealed (and still hasn't, btw) when Duckay issued her 'I'll investigate someone who hasn't revealed their PM yet as proof of my innocence' challenge and it gets even more suspicious.

Conversely, day 2 doesn't make a lot of sense if Jamfalcon was the second wereweagle. Duckay casting suspicion on and voting against him certainly doesn't, and his letting Duckay get lynched, especially when he could have easily gotten-away with not voting for her, would be completely idiotic for a werweagle.

So from where I'm standing, either Kapol's got a 'godfather' role or he, Duckay and Jamfalcon have been making very poorly-advised plays this entire game. In the interests of charity I'm going to assume it's the former :P

As to why I'm voting him, it's because at this point it's probably the safest move. This wouldn't be the case if the revenant has a kill ability of course, but then if it does then we've probably lost no matter what we do, so we might as well play optimistically.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Oct 2015, 10:07

MetricFurlong wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:I think we should completely disregard Memo's actions; we have no way of knowing how deep the(Double/triple/quadruple/...) bluff goes. So, disregarding it all(At least for now) would probably prevent him from playing us.
I dunno, watching him repeatedly goozle himself is a little amusing :P
I've considered changing my vote multiple times in a single post at some point, just to make you fully disregard me, and to also give Mono_Snorsh a headache. :-D

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 26 Oct 2015, 11:45

To start with, even before the votes were going around, he was voicing the opinion that it would be better not to lynch anybody, an action that would only be of benefit to the mafia.

I would love to see some evidence of that claim. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't remember doing anything like that. Especially since I spent most of the first day arguing that we should lynch someone. I admitted not knowing where to start. But nobody else seemed to either, hence why we got past the first day without a lynch. Nobody, including yourself, were willing to step forward and make a vote to force a lynch, since it would only have taken 1 in this game. That's not the same as 'we shouldn't lynch anyone.' Of course, it's been over a week and 12 pages, so it is possible I'm just forgetting something.

As for what Duckay chose to do, there's not much I can do about that. The thing is, her ability WOULD have proved she was an investigative role, no matter who she chose. If that was her goal, then it didn't matter who was left over. Her investigative role was true. The fact I'm the only person who objected to people using PMs is the reason I was leftover (and also makes me suspicious, of course).

Though I think I'd have been the target for Duckay no matter what. Think about it like this: You were her competition. So 'showing' your PM would hurt her credibility. Both Robo and Smeg seem to have telepathy. While she couldn't be sure, that seems like enough to assume their PMs were on the up and up, so reposting them wouldn't help. Memo seems to have fully revealed his PM as well, so using him as a defense seems like a poor move. If Jam is the mafia boss, then she would have had to just repost his to help prove his innocence, and that doesn't actually help her. That leaves me as the unknown. Even if I posted my PM, I'd still be her most likely chance to prove some new information. Maybe through a secondary role I didn't share, or the hope I was lying and secretly the doctor, neutral, or some other role.

All of her votes were also after mine, if I'm not mistaken. The main exception being Memo, who I didn't vote for initially as I still had doubt and there was already 3 votes for him (Jam having brought up the point about 'overvoting' being unnecessary earlier that day). It seems just as likely she was attaching herself to an innocent to me. If I was right, then it helps make her look a lot more innocent, giving the mafia more staying power in the long run. At that point she'd just have to hope that'd buy her the time or her other member could talk their way out of any accusations. It'd have made her look a lot more innocent if it had ended up coming down to her and you later.

But in the end, I can't really explain Duckay's behavior. I have no control in her actions, so it's not like I can really defend myself against them. I can speculate. But that's not a whole lot of evidence. I know the reasons why I've voted as I have. But since that doesn't seem to really be worth anything, it doesn't help my case either. As I've said, I understand why people would be suspicious of me at this point.

As for me not copy and pasting my PM onto here, I still refuse to do so. I object to it from a game standpoint, even if it is allowed via the rules. I'm sure that's most beneficial for the mafia. But it's true for me either way. At best, I find it unsportsmanlike. At worst, it turns the game into 'who's role phrasing stands out the most?'
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 26 Oct 2015, 20:22

I'm not sure if Robo and Smeg are talking amongst themselves, real life is keeping them from posting, or what, but I'm going to vote: extend in case they need it to throw in their votes. A tie doesn't help anyone here.
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 26 Oct 2015, 21:01

Votecount

Current Lynch Target:
Extend Votes: 1/4
Shorten Votes: 2/4

Votes for each player
AdmiralMemo:
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong:
Jamfalcon: 2 (Kapol and AdmiralMemo)
Robo4900:
Kapol: 2 (Jamfalcon and MetricFurlong)

Each player's votes
AdmiralMemo: Jamfalcon, Shorten
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong: Kapol
Jamfalcon: Kapol
Robo4900:
Kapol: Jamfalcon, Shorten, Extend
Last edited by Mono_Snorsh on 26 Oct 2015, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 26 Oct 2015, 21:35

Yeah sorry. Vote: Extend. We should still have more then 24h left if I remember correctly, but I don't see a problemin extending it for some more time.
We are discussing some things but you know, time differance and all.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 26 Oct 2015, 21:39

Why am I the current lynch target when Jam and I are tied?

Smeghead wrote:We are discussing some things but you know, time differance and all.

Right, I figured that was the case. We have time, but it seems safer just to have some extra. I had figured everyone would have made their decisions by now. But I didn't take into account the fact you two can also privately talk.
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 26 Oct 2015, 21:41

Kapol wrote:Why am I the current lynch target when Jam and I are tied?

Sorry, mistake. Edited.

Return to “Video Games”