Fantasy Mafia: Game Finished

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 3

Postby Smeghead » 26 Oct 2015, 21:42

Also, Kapol's vote for extension should eliminate his shorten vote
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 26 Oct 2015, 21:47

Well we're at it, I'll join in with another vote: extend.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 26 Oct 2015, 21:53

Smeghead wrote:Also, Kapol's vote for extension should eliminate his shorten vote

No, that one's right.

Mono_Snorsh wrote:the two time based votes are unrelated. You can vote for both Extend and Shorten at the same time.

Update: Two additional Extend votes have come in making it 3/4.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 27 Oct 2015, 17:38

Vote: Extend
Vote: Kapol

Kapol, you have 24 more hours to defend yourself and convince us to lynch someone else.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 27 Oct 2015, 18:57

Four votes makes for a majority. 24 hours have been added to Day length. Extension votes have been reset.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 27 Oct 2015, 21:41

I mean... I'm not sure what else I can really say. Are you looking for anything in particular? Because I feel I've done a pretty good job of explaining my thought process up until now. I've explained why I thought Duckay might have been voting alongside me, why I wanted to vote for Memo yesterday, why I found Jam suspicious as well as his ability claim, and so forth. There's not much else I can add about what I've done, unless you want me to clarify something.

The only other thing I can think of is explaining the person who's accusing me beyond my running opponent. Metric already admitted that I turned up as a town member on investigation. If 'packleader' is actually a godfather role rather than something to distinguish who has control over the kills, then I can understand the logic. But we don't know that or have any proof of that being the case. It feels as much a reason to continue going after me while keeping themself seeming innocent as anything.

If Metric is a revenant, then killing off a town member is actually better for them. Without the mafia, there's basically no chance that the undead faction can win. If the other mafia member is killed, and the revenant can't do a kill, then the undead faction can't grow. Tomorrow, Memo is lynched by the town. The day after, it's between the two leftover people. Even if the wrong person is chosen, then the other is lynched the day after. There's basically no way that they can win.

Other than that... I'm not sure what else I can argue in my favor. I've said plenty of it already. As I said, if there's any point you're curious about, then let me know.
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 27 Oct 2015, 21:44

Votecount

Current Lynch Target: Kapol
Extend Votes: 0/4
Shorten Votes: 2/4

Votes for each player
AdmiralMemo:
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong:
Jamfalcon: 2 (Kapol and AdmiralMemo)
Robo4900:
Kapol: 3 (Jamfalcon, MetricFurlong and Robo4900)

Each player's votes
AdmiralMemo: Jamfalcon, Shorten
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong: Kapol
Jamfalcon: Kapol
Robo4900: Kapol
Kapol: Jamfalcon, Shorten
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 28 Oct 2015, 03:00

Well, the question is, is there anyone else who fits the bill better?

The only real reason I did the extension was in case anyone had a better idea than voting for you; if we get this wrong, we're screwed.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 28 Oct 2015, 04:33

Robo4900 wrote:Well, the question is, is there anyone else who fits the bill better?

None that I can see. The only other wereweagle option was Jamfalcon and honestly he's almost definitely the revenant at this point.
The only real reason I did the extension was in case anyone had a better idea than voting for you; if we get this wrong, we're screwed.

We're also screwed if you and Smeghead spend the day not voting because 'well we might get the wrong person' and leave us stuck with a draw.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 28 Oct 2015, 06:04

Except I have voted.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 28 Oct 2015, 06:29

You think you have an idea what's going on but then suddenly the one you think is mafia turns out to have a valid argument.

But yeah, I'm gonna go with Robo on this one and Vote: Kapol. Yeah it's a gamble that hinges a lot on what Jam said, which of course could be suspect if he turns out to be undead, but sadly Kapol is the most likely suspect at the moment.

Of course at this point there is a 66% chance that we kill either a mafia or a undead and a 33% chance that we screw ourselves over, but that is still something we have to do.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 28 Oct 2015, 08:03

I would just like to remind people that Metric, who keeps pushing the idea that I'm "almost certainly" undead is the one I saw Memo visit last night, so I think he's just feeling a bit defensive, and is planting g seeds to help argue his innocence tomorrow.

I wrote a book!
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 28 Oct 2015, 08:34

I think that's a bridge we'll have to cross when we get to it; a lot can change in one night.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 28 Oct 2015, 08:37

(That is, if he is the guilty one. I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that if Kapol is mafia, we just need to get rid of the undead, and we'll have won, so we'll have to figure out who the revenant is. But, if Kapol is innocent, that would be a serious problem, so whether you or Furlong are the revenant won't really matter)
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 28 Oct 2015, 09:01

Oh, for sure that's a question for tomorrow. I just notice him continually slipping in these references and it's a clever tactic so I wanted to provide a counterpoint before he reinforces it too much. :p

I wrote a book!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 28 Oct 2015, 14:00

Robo4900 wrote:Well, the question is, is there anyone else who fits the bill better?

Like I said, Jamfalcon is the person I see fitting the bill better. I feel like his ability is as suspect as others find my own at this point (despite being able to get information on up to two people a night, it's just so happened to not give us any new information the entire game). Metric has admitted that I've turned up innocent and the entire basis on me potentially being the wereweagle is the thought that the leader role might also be a godfather role. Plus, Metric is very likely a revenant, given that he's the only possibility that could be one beyond Jam having targeted me (which would have been a bad move for a great number of reasons). In that case, Metric's push towards me being guilty and planting the idea of the godfather role makes a lot more sense, given it seems to be the only way the undead can win too.

I feel like I have a good amount of evidence in my favor, and most of the evidence against me is based on another player. Which I assume is from Duckay trying to latch onto an innocent, but I don't know. I've been the first to vote for extensions literally every day, been trying to get lynches happening since day one, and have been going with the knowledge of the town for all of my decisions. If I was mafia, none of those seem like things I'd do.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 28 Oct 2015, 14:23

Jamfalcon wrote:I would just like to remind people that Metric, who keeps pushing the idea that I'm "almost certainly" undead is the one I saw Memo visit last night

Of course that's also exactly the sort of detail you'd lie about if you were the Revenant, now isn't it? :P
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Oct 2015, 18:02

Just for spice: Change Vote: Kapol

Current votes and ending time? I think it's 7:16 AM on the 29th? (Which is in 5 hours)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 28 Oct 2015, 18:16

Well, unless Metric changes their vote too, that'll likely be enough to kill me, since I doubt Robo and Smeg want to go to a tie and it's 5 votes for me right now. C'est la vie.
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 28 Oct 2015, 18:19

AdmiralMemo wrote:Just for spice: Change Vote: Kapol

Current votes and ending time? I think it's 7:16 AM on the 29th? (Which is in 5 hours)

Votecount

Current Lynch Target: Kapol
Extend Votes: 0/4
Shorten Votes: 2/4

Votes for each player
AdmiralMemo:
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong:
Jamfalcon: 1 (Kapol)
Robo4900:
Kapol: 5 (Jamfalcon, MetricFurlong, Robo4900, Smeghead and AdmiralMemo)

Each player's votes
AdmiralMemo: Shorten, Kapol
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead: Kapol
MetricFurlong: Kapol
Jamfalcon: Kapol
Robo4900: Kapol
Kapol: Jamfalcon, Shorten

and yes 07:16 UTC on the 29th.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Oct 2015, 22:48

Change Vote: Jamfalcon
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 28 Oct 2015, 23:16

Kapol has died! Kapol was Anti-Town.

Kapol
Role: Wereweagle Packleader
Faction: Wereweagle
Win Condition: Wereweagle faction wins
Faction Chat: [REDACTED]

You are the wereweagle packleader. You and the rest of your pack suffer from a hereditary curse: every night you transform into a horrifying weagle! You have come to Jerfton and carefully insinuated yourself into it as familiar faces. You have managed to be elected its Mayor. Now the time has come to take Jerfton over and turn it into a secret lair of your kind.

Your other faction member is [REDACTED].

Nightkill: Your faction has a faction Nightkill. Each Night you as packleader will choose one player to kill and which faction member will perform the kill. In Night 0 you will choose to kill Mono_Snorsh. Priority 4.

Nightchat: Your faction has a faction chat. You may post in it during Night.

Clean Hands: You have not yet left any clues of your wereweagle nature in Jerfton. Until you perform a Nightkill you will investigate as a member of the Town faction.

Twilight arrives. The villagers assemble before the belltower and ask you who you have selected to be killed. The choice is clearly Kapol. Kapol is taken to the gallows and their hood removed, revealing the mayor. Kapol orders the executioners to stop this foolishness but they are not to be swayed. Kapol is put into the noose and hanged. Their body spasms in the telltale manner of the wereweagle. The villagers rejoice at the continued success of their lynchings.

The belltower strikes midnight. Night 3 has begun. Send me your Night Actions via PM within 24 hours.
Mono_Snorsh

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 4

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 29 Oct 2015, 23:16

Once more everyone assembles for the day without any missing members. The wereweagles seem to be gone but your work isn't finished. You enter the belltower to do your duty once more.

Day 4 has begun. In 72 hours Night 4 will begin.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 29 Oct 2015, 23:30

Well I guess there is no point in delaying this any further.
Vote: AdmiralMemo
Vote: Shorten
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 30 Oct 2015, 00:01

First off, good job everyone, and thanks for trusting me yesterday.
Smeghead wrote:Well I guess there is no point in delaying this any further.

Agreed.
Vote: AdmiralMemo
Vote: Shorten

And just to keep you all in the loop, I followed Memo again last night just in case there was another possibility of a kill. He targeted me with his power, and given that I wasn't informed of anything else, I'm assuming nobody tried to kill me. He also targeted Duckay with his ability to speak with dead people, though I'm not sure if she'll have too much to share.

I wrote a book!

Return to “Video Games”