Fantasy Mafia: Game Finished

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Mono_Snorsh
First Video: .

Fantasy Mafia: Game Finished

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 04 Oct 2015, 19:27

Night comes and the peaceful town of Jerfton begins a slumber seemingly like any the town has seen before. However this night is different, for this night the villager Mono_Snorsh is doomed...

This is a game of mafia including roles.

Anything I say in gold text is rules commentary and 100% guaranteed to be true. While all of your role powers are entirely dependable on their end and will never have only a chance of working or provide deliberately false information not everything I say due to the theoretical space for role power interactions is necessarily dependable. Furthermore any flavour text does not contain clues, nor does idle chit chat. Take paradoxical comments regarding the truth status of this statement as understood : ).

People Playing
AdmiralMemo
Korvys
Duckay
Smeghead
MetricFurlong
Jamfalcon
Robo4900
Kapol
I am playing the person who shall be Nightkilled during night 0. I will have no other effect inside the game.

When the game starts you will receive a PM detailing your role. Your role PM will not lie to you. You may directly copy the text of your role PM to a post in the thread. You may make up text and say that that is your role PM. Each role PM is phrased differently, even within the same role. A similar degree of difference is not guaranteed.

There are two phases: Day and Night. Once everyone has received their role PM I will post that Night 0 has begun. Each Night lasts 24 hours or upon receiving all Night Actions whichever is shorter. You may send me instructions for Night Actions during the Day. You may override Night Actions at any point until I receive the last Night Action. I will resolve Night Actions once I have received all of them in order of priority starting with priority 0. Conflicting Night Actions within the same priority level will be resolved in a random order.

After every night I will post flavour text and report on anyone who died during the Night, the factional alignment of anyone who died during the Night and any other public information generated due to Night Actions. Flavour text is entirely incidental and carries no clues whatsoever. After that post Day has begun everyone may post to the thread. Default Day length is 72 hours. Days will be extended or shortened by 24 hours with every majority vote for extend or shorten. At any point you may vote to lynch anyone, extend or shorten. Votes for extend or shorten are unrelated to lynching votes. Votes may be reassigned at any point during the Day. You may remove your vote without reassigning it to anyone.

Once a Day ends you may not post. If anyone has more votes for lynching than anyone else they will be lynched. I will post flavour text for the lynching. This flavour text will also be entirely incidental and carry no additional information whatsoever. I will reveal the factional alignment of anyone who is lynched.

A player can make one Action per phase. It is possible for a player to not have abilities that allow them to make Actions for every phase. It is possible for a player to have no abilities they can activate. It is possible for a player to have abilities that do not take an action. Group abilities such as the Mafia's Nightkill do not take up an action but must be performed by a specific player. Abilities can be limited to a specific number of uses during a game. Role PM's will mention any exceptions to these rules and any restrictions on legal targets.

All players are a member of either the Town faction or an Anti-Town faction. The Town faction wins when there are no members of anti-Town factions alive. Anti-Town factions win when their members form the majority of the alive players. If no one dies for two Days and two Nights the game will end in a draw between the Town and Anti-Town factions. Every player has a personal Win Conditions. Win Conditions may or may not correspond with the win condition of the faction the player belongs to. You are required to play to your current Win Condition. The game will stop if every surviving player's Win Condition is satisfied or impossible to satisfy.

You may not post about the game outside of the game. You may not PM other players about the game. You may PM me about the game including for private requests for rules clarifications.

You may not edit posts.

No one's role will involve a restriction on how they can post.

I will post a list of what people have stated with proper formatting that they are voting for once every 24 hour period. I will also post a votecount upon request. These votecounts does not entail a promise that those numbers correspond with effective voting power they are merely a convenience for the players.

For the following purposes colour the relevant text. Votes for lynching and Extend/Shorten are not legal without colouring. Do not use colour outside of the following purposes. Do not say you are voting without using colouring.

Lynch Vote: Red
Red
Extend/Shorten Vote: Green Green
Question for the GM: Purple Purple

I will colour text notifying of phase changes as bolded Black Black

Some factions will have access to their own chat. We will use Quicktopic for this unless there are objections. These chats may or may not be phase restricted. Dead players will also have their own chat.
Last edited by Mono_Snorsh on 30 Oct 2015, 23:22, edited 15 times in total.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: Fantasy Mafia

Postby AdmiralMemo » 05 Oct 2015, 04:12

I'll play. Not enough people wanted to play mine, apparently. Let's see if anyone wants to play this.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 05 Oct 2015, 17:04

I'm in.

I also want to say I appreciate the details rules. A couple of questions/clarifications, though:

You are required to play to your current Win Condition.
How will this be enforced? Or, I guess more importantly, how will this be judged?

Can you remove a vote to lynch?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 05 Oct 2015, 17:23

I'm in also, but as a followup to korvys's question: without knowing specifically what those win conditions are, this is a difficult question to ask (i.e. the answer may become apparent once we see our win conditions), but if we make a move that doesn't appear to you to further our win condition but which we could justify if asked, would we have the opportunity to justify that to you or will you simply make a hard ruling?
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 05 Oct 2015, 20:14

korvys wrote:How will this be enforced? Or, I guess more importantly, how will this be judged?

It'll be enforced the same as any other rule, that is I tell people to stop breaking the rules until they either do or we need a replacement. It will only be applied in egregiously obvious circumstances. Its a rule that's mostly necessary in case certain conversion mechanics are in play, its not intended to be applied to gamestyle variations or mistakes.

korvys wrote:Can you remove a vote to lynch?

Yes.

Duckay wrote:I'm in also, but as a followup to korvys's question: without knowing specifically what those win conditions are, this is a difficult question to ask (i.e. the answer may become apparent once we see our win conditions), but if we make a move that doesn't appear to you to further our win condition but which we could justify if asked, would we have the opportunity to justify that to you or will you simply make a hard ruling?

Absolutely, I'll check in with the person in question before doing anything.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 06 Oct 2015, 00:49

I'm interested
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 06 Oct 2015, 07:42

Sign me up.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Oct 2015, 15:35

I'm in.

I'd suggest a colour other than black for the phase changes, though. Kinda hard to see that on the blue background. :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 07 Oct 2015, 16:00

Jamfalcon wrote:I'm in.

Yes! Six people means enough to have a game without having to do very careful balancing measures to make it not disintegrate immediately. I'd love to have more players (and am still accepting players!) but the game is now officially going to happen. Game will start on Monday the 12 at 05:00 UTC.

Jamfalcon wrote:I'd suggest a colour other than black for the phase changes, though. Kinda hard to see that on the blue background. :)

Sort of running out of mutually distinguishable colours that are readable on blue, plus there shouldn't be any posts after night starts until I post that day has started. I could make it bold, would that help?
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Oct 2015, 17:58

Mono_Snorsh wrote:
Jamfalcon wrote:I'd suggest a colour other than black for the phase changes, though. Kinda hard to see that on the blue background. :)

Sort of running out of mutually distinguishable colours that are readable on blue, plus there shouldn't be any posts after night starts until I post that day has started. I could make it bold, would that help?

Yeah, that'd probably help. It's not like the messages written in black will be long and complicated, I imagine.

Mono_Snorsh wrote:Game will start on Monday the 12 at 05:00 UTC.

Woo!

I wrote a book!
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 09 Oct 2015, 11:19

I'm in.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 11 Oct 2015, 18:25

If it's not too late, I'll jump in. Was on the fence about it. But I might as well give it a try.
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 11 Oct 2015, 19:03

Kapol wrote:If it's not too late, I'll jump in.

Welcome aboard!
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 11 Oct 2015, 23:12

(sorry for delay)

The belltower strikes midnight. Night 0 has begun Send me your Night Actions via PM within 24 hours.
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 12 Oct 2015, 23:16

Mono_Snorsh died! Mono_Snorsh was Town.

Mono_Snorsh
Role: Monster Hunter
Faction: Town
Win Condition: All anti-town factions eliminated before a town faction member is killed.

You are a monster hunter. It is your job to remove threats to the town before anyone innocent dies.

Stealthy: All abilities targeting you fail except those performed by a player (or a faction ability that player belongs to) that you targeted during the same phase.

Vigilante: Once per Night, as an Action, you can choose to kill a player. In Night 0 you will choose to kill [REDACTED]. Priority 5.

Scrutinize: Once per Night, as an Action, you can choose a player. You will learn which faction they belong to. Priority 1.

The first hints of dawn appear and all members of the town wake to go about their normal business. All that is, except for Mono_Snorsh. A shriek suddenly breaks the routine and everyone rushes to find that the corpse of Mono_Snorsh has been found in the well with its throat torn out seemingly by some kind of animal's claws. There is a moment of panic until someone finds a small metal scrollcase hidden on his person. Inside is a scroll upon which is written:

"I suspect that my death approaches and thus I have decided to write down what information I have acquired in the hope that this town can defeat those I have been hunting. I believe Jerfton to be hiding a pack of wereweagles. These damned creatures will kill every night until they control the town and will turn it into a hive from which they can hide their curse for all time. There is only one solution if I fail tonight. I suspect the Priest, Ranger, Noble, Mercenary, Merchant, Guard, Mayor and Blacksmith [Order is random] as being possible wereweagles. You must give them code names and each day cover them in concealing robes and have them exercise their best mental abilities to decide which of their number to have executed until the night attacks stop. If anyone resists these conditions, kill them. If all goes well this message will never need be read. If otherwise I can do nothing but offer my hope that it will be the good people of the town that survives this ordeal and not the cursed beasts."

The plan is enacted. The people called out are separated, put in robes, given the codenames AdmiralMemo, Korvys, Duckay, Smeghead, MetricFurlong, Jamfalcon, Robo4900 and Kapol [Order is by signing up sequence] and sent inside the belltower to begin their debate.

Day 1 has begun. In 72 hours Night 1 will begin.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Oct 2015, 00:06

Well, this isn't good. Does anyone have an idea of where to start?

I wrote a book!
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 13 Oct 2015, 01:18

I can't help but notice that Jamfalcon is clearly a werewolf. Look at that little werewolf face.

...What was that? Oh. We're hunting for wereweagles. Alright. I'll accept that. For now.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 13 Oct 2015, 02:15

Robo4900's Avatar has a hint of the wereweagle about it...

Come to think of it, the animaniacs being wereweagles would explain a few things.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Re: Fantasy Mafia: Day 1

Postby Smeghead » 13 Oct 2015, 05:59

Yeah Jamfalcon is more werebeagle then wereweagle am I right?...

Sorry...
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Oct 2015, 08:53

Oh yeah, sorry about my face. I was at an all-night Halloween party when I heard the screams and didn't get a chance to take this off.

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 Oct 2015, 18:18

Well, what have we here? This is certainly an issue. I haven't the time to deal with these trifling matters, though, so I hope this can be sped along quickly.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 13 Oct 2015, 20:29

You all laughed when I objected to introducing pet weagles to the town, and now look where we are! The one true pet is the cat! Cats never hurt anyone. In fact, they barely acknowledge us at all. But weagles... weagles are truly evil beasts.

And now, some half-person half-weagle creatures are hiding among us? I don't know what we can do to find them, but we cannot let this stand.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Mono_Snorsh

Postby Mono_Snorsh » 13 Oct 2015, 21:00

Votecount

Current Lynch Target:
Extend Votes:
Shorten Votes:

Votes for each player
AdmiralMemo:
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong:
Jamfalcon:
Robo4900:
Kapol:

Each player's votes
AdmiralMemo:
Korvys:
Duckay:
Smeghead:
MetricFurlong:
Jamfalcon:
Robo4900:
Kapol:
Last edited by Mono_Snorsh on 16 Oct 2015, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Oct 2015, 21:15

So far Robo and Kapol are staying pretty quiet - any ideas, either of you?

I wrote a book!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 14 Oct 2015, 01:34

I am alive. I'm just attempting to gather my thoughts on what's going on. So far, we have one dead person, who posits that there are those among us that are monsters. Now we've been put into this situation together and are working to figure out whom may be the killer.

While I'm not entirely sure I buy the idea that there is such a thing as 'wereweagles,' there's a killer in our town. I think it's safe to assume that the victim knew enough to have been able to narrow down their killer to those amongst us. Mostly because otherwise this whole plot wouldn't work. And we need to find them and deal with whomever it may be. I will not have killers running around in my town.

As for where to start... I'm honestly not entirely sure. I do feel as though it might be wise to start us off with a boost in time, especially as it's taken 24 hours to begin. So I'll begin with a Vote: Extend. That should allow us more time to figure things out.

I'd also like to point out that, unless I'm misinterpreting the rules (Which the one running this can chime in if I am misunderstanding), things are going to be a bit different than normal. Namely, lynching doesn't require a majority, though extensions/shortenings do. Lynching will occur when at the end of the day, and targets anyone who has more votes than anyone else, if such a person exists. This means that, unless choosing no lynch is a valid target for those numbers, waiting and seeing isn't actually going to be an option unless it's unanimous. Not that it's a good option to start with anyways, as it generally just eats a day. It seems like it renders the town unless an investigator finds someone and is willing to step forward with said information.

Return to “Video Games”