(The) Witness Me! Us! LRR! (No spoilers here)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

(The) Witness Me! Us! LRR! (No spoilers here)

Postby romangoro » 01 Feb 2016, 08:56

I don't know, I'm bad at titles.

Anyway. Aftwr last tuesday's stream of The Witness I got the game, played probably about 6 hours, and I'm stuck in about 5 different puzzles. Par for the course.

Thing is, I want to join a community of player to share the experience fo the game, clues, information and how-hard-is-that-puzzle-I-don't-know-no-one-solved-it-yet type stuff. However, all the communities I found online are full of unmarked spoilers and/or full of unmarked jerks, which is not the experience I want. That's why here I am, on my favourite cool people online community, LRR forums and/or chat.

So, who's playing the game and wants to form a school yard discussion hereabouts?
xantheros
First Video: cHustle 4

Re: (The) Witness Me! Us! LRR! (No spoilers here)

Postby xantheros » 02 Feb 2016, 03:37

I picked it up on PS4 on launch day. I think I'm pretty far through it, but I haven't checked my actual puzzle count on the save file.

I've really enjoyed the game, but I find it isn't the best at conveying some of the puzzle mechanics. I was stuck for a while learning the tetris blocks. I also still guessing at the triangle symbols, but it's working so far.
romangoro

Postby romangoro » 02 Feb 2016, 05:49

I still don't know how the triangles work, but I solved two of them already.

I'm stuck in puzzles in two different ways: Some I know how to solve, but haven't found the solution, others I have no idea what to do, like the blank ones that open up after you solve the translucent one.

Ah, and there are others that, as far as I can tell, are impossible, like the one in the town that has an uneven number of stars of some colors.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 02 Feb 2016, 08:48

Having gotten to an ending, I can say with a fair bit of certainty: there are no impossible puzzles. You just don't yet know all the rule sets. The town combines puzzle elements from all over the island, so you're bound to get stuck.
and now; back to me.
romangoro

Postby romangoro » 02 Feb 2016, 20:56

305, +15. Three lasers on.

I hate hate hate hate hate the second puzzle on the flower area after the inner door is open. I hate it. Until I solve it, then it will be my favourite puzzle.

Return to “Video Games”