New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Re: New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Postby SAJewers » 17 Mar 2016, 11:41

I started to tunnel out in the nether to a Mushroom Island (North Tunnel). If someone wants to help me tunnel out, it'd be appreciated.
Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 17 Mar 2016, 13:18

Hey,

Is it possible to get an invite to the server?

Username: Exachix.

I don't know what my build will be yet though.
Woland

Postby Woland » 17 Mar 2016, 15:40

Are folks still using that Discord voice server? Can I get an invite to that?
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Mar 2016, 18:26

I've been joining it lately, but no one's ever on anymore.

Also, theoretically http://discord.lrrcraft.com/ can take you to it, but I'm not entirely sure.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Woland

Postby Woland » 18 Mar 2016, 08:06

I tried that link and it said that it was disconnected or deactivated. I can try again tonight.

Still waiting for my invite to the server, though, so might not do much good yet.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 18 Mar 2016, 08:50

Road-hog123
First Video: DesertBus 8 Livestream

Postby Road-hog123 » 19 Mar 2016, 05:53

Ooh, yes I would like to play on a Vanilla LRRMC! I'm Road_hog123 in MC. :)
I see you've been discussing a Nether Hub, having built the new hub on the last server I don't really feel like building another in its entirety, but I'll certainly help. What did people think of that one btw?
Thanks. :)
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 19 Mar 2016, 16:56

I'll get on right now and get the invites out for the server. Right now is it just Road hog and Exachix? If I missed anyone else, please respond to this post.
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 19 Mar 2016, 17:00

Oh, Junker you're invite went out as well. Anyone else?
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 21 Mar 2016, 05:09

Road-hog123 wrote:Ooh, yes I would like to play on a Vanilla LRRMC! I'm Road_hog123 in MC. :)
I see you've been discussing a Nether Hub, having built the new hub on the last server I don't really feel like building another in its entirety, but I'll certainly help. What did people think of that one btw?
Thanks. :)

We actually have one built now, though it could be expanded a bit.

Also, now that we've found at least 3 Strongholds (of 128), are we gonna do an end raid some time soon? Maybe on an upcoming Thursday?
ashiok_n_beaver
First Video: friday nights

Postby ashiok_n_beaver » 21 Mar 2016, 12:24

hi i would love to play some minecraft, you may remember me from the last server where i was using blue_chloroplast 's mc account, got my own now:

MungoSandheaver
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 23 Mar 2016, 16:51

Who's working on Roads in the OW? We really need someone to make some roads so people can get around in the OW.
Exachix

Postby Exachix » 26 Mar 2016, 12:33

SAJewers wrote:Who's working on Roads in the OW? We really need someone to make some roads so people can get around in the OW.

I volunteer as tribute to sort this out.

Which means, I need to ask some questions:
  • Who wants their build to be linked to spawn/other builds by road?
  • If you do, what aesthetic do you want a road local to you to follow? (gravel/cobble/dirt path?)
  • Are there any features you want roads to go to from your builds?
  • Are you willing to maintain/contribute some part of this network? Looking for sponsors! Get your name on a road.*

When I know where people are I can start thinking about where roads will go

*cannot confirm your name will go on a road.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 27 Mar 2016, 04:30

I would suggest in biomes with grass to use the path blocks, as they look quite nice (nice enough that maybe in spawn we should replace the gravel with them). In other biomes (desert, mesa, some extreme hills) i dunno (maybe cobble?). Not sure what block to use for inclines either though, maybe cobble slabs?

As for linking people, I know Serihune and Sky_Rider19 need linking, as they plan to share a nether portal. I'd also like to be linked to both Spawn and the village near me. If you're gonna do a road to spawn for me though, you should probably link me to Tuckiozi, and take to spawn (unless I'm forgetting someone else along the way).

If you need cobble or dirt, I have lots to spare.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 27 Mar 2016, 04:40

I would like a road out to my keep.

Does anyone have a good map of the server?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 27 Mar 2016, 07:15

I'd like to arrange for our first Ender Dragon fight (it can be respawned now!).
Who is interested in this, and what day / time fits best ? (also, anybody know a good tool that can handle finding a timeslot that fits most people ?)
Exachix

Postby Exachix » 27 Mar 2016, 08:01

SAJewers wrote:I would suggest in biomes with grass to use the path blocks, as they look quite nice (nice enough that maybe in spawn we should replace the gravel with them). In other biomes (desert, mesa, some extreme hills) i dunno (maybe cobble?). Not sure what block to use for inclines either though, maybe cobble slabs?

As for linking people, I know Serihune and Sky_Rider19 need linking, as they plan to share a nether portal. I'd also like to be linked to both Spawn and the village near me. If you're gonna do a road to spawn for me though, you should probably link me to Tuckiozi, and take to spawn (unless I'm forgetting someone else along the way).

Yeah, half-slab inclines seems the best option for those running for their lives. Use of path blocks will also make this process faster, though I do plan on making some wooden bridges over ravines ect.

From an informal look at some people's locations, a large number of us are to the south from spawn, and should be easy to road to.

Currently, road plans include:
  • Single road from spawn to korandder's keep (Lord Crusher) No-one I currently know that needs a road is on this route, so it may go over some nice scenery.
  • Single road from spawn to SA Jewers' Keep Going via Seihune's rough location, Near Tuckozi's Build and on to SA Jewers.
  • Single road from near Seihune's rough location off to Sky Rider 19's place, and potentially onwards to Seihune's Court off in the desert to the East.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 27 Mar 2016, 08:37

Lord Chrusher wrote:I would like a road out to my keep.

Does anyone have a good map of the server?

A map room rimilar to the one Memo had on LRRCraft might actually be a good idea for spawn.

zeth_russ wrote:I'd like to arrange for our first Ender Dragon fight (it can be respawned now!).
Who is interested in this, and what day / time fits best ? (also, anybody know a good tool that can handle finding a timeslot that fits most people ?)

I would suggest doing it on a Thursday so you can potentially hook James into streaming it.
Exachix wrote:
SAJewers wrote:I would suggest in biomes with grass to use the path blocks, as they look quite nice (nice enough that maybe in spawn we should replace the gravel with them). In other biomes (desert, mesa, some extreme hills) i dunno (maybe cobble?). Not sure what block to use for inclines either though, maybe cobble slabs?

Yeah, half-slab inclines seems the best option for those running for their lives. Use of path blocks will also make this process faster, though I do plan on making some wooden bridges over ravines ect.

From an informal look at some people's locations, a large number of us are to the south from spawn, and should be easy to road to.

Currently, road plans include:
  • Single road from spawn to korandder's keep (Lord Crusher) No-one I currently know that needs a road is on this route, so it may go over some nice scenery.
  • Single road from spawn to SA Jewers' Keep Going via Seihune's rough location, Near Tuckozi's Build and on to SA Jewers.
  • Single road from near Seihune's rough location off to Sky Rider 19's place, and potentially onwards to Seihune's Court off in the desert to the East.
I'll see if I can note some locations down in the Discord of various builds I can find.
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Tacos_yay » 27 Mar 2016, 13:06

I would really like an invite please.
My ID should be the same.
Exachix

Postby Exachix » 27 Mar 2016, 13:47

For interested persons:

The first road has been built! With help from korandder and Seirhune and SAJewers, the road from Spawn to korandder's keep has been constructed!

More roads in the future!

As a note, there's some additional road around the 'Peace Bridge' out of spawns's south exit.
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 27 Mar 2016, 19:18

ashiok_n_beaver wrote:hi i would love to play some minecraft, you may remember me from the last server where i was using blue_chloroplast 's mc account, got my own now:

MungoSandheaver

Done
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 27 Mar 2016, 19:19

Tacos_yay wrote:I would really like an invite please.
My ID should be the same.

Done
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 28 Mar 2016, 06:08

I'd definitely like a road up to my place, but it looks like I went the opposite direction as everyone else again, I'm up north somewhere. Don't have the coordinates written down here at work, but I'll update this post once I do have them, and start a path from my end.

Also, if anyone happens to have a few spare slimeballs I'd be glad to trade for them. I know mysh has some for me, but I need either 21 or 42 for a cool gate or two.

Also also, does anyone know a good online or downloadable Minecraft Plan Program? I tried http://minecraftstructureplanner.com/ but it kind of sucks, doesn't have all the block types and isn't the easiest to use. Just because I'm at work shouldn't mean that I can't be planning things!
zeth_russ

Postby zeth_russ » 28 Mar 2016, 11:53

SAJewers wrote:
zeth_russ wrote:I'd like to arrange for our first Ender Dragon fight (it can be respawned now!).

I would suggest doing it on a Thursday so you can potentially hook James into streaming it.

This is a realms server with a 10 player cap - I'm not sure how we would handle the large influx a Minecraft stream might have. As such I have mixed feelings regarding streaming the ender dragon fight :P
zeth_russ

Postby zeth_russ » 29 Mar 2016, 04:32

We currently don't have a map. I've used http://buildingwithblocks.info/ and some google docs magic to hack an updateable map together:

Overworld: https://goo.gl/acQBJT
Nether: https://goo.gl/knVkBi

Since I dont want every random person on the internet to be able to use that spreadsheet I've added a form for new location requests:

http://goo.gl/forms/C70u1JYdex

I would like to add some volunteers as editors on the spreadsheet and form. Who is interested in that ?

Return to “Video Games”