New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Postby Atifexe » 29 Mar 2016, 13:37

I think I'll request an invite, please. Due to some streaming- and Youtube-related changes, my Minecraft SN is now WiseDrachenJager.

I don't plan on recording anything on the server, and if that changes, I'll ask people if they're okay with me featuring their work before I do so.
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 29 Mar 2016, 14:18

Zeth, that definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in helping with. Filling out the request form to add my place now.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 29 Mar 2016, 15:00

zeth_russ wrote:
I would like to add some volunteers as editors on the spreadsheet and form. Who is interested in that ?

I can definitely help, especially since I seem to be the main guy doing the nether tunnel system.

Also, what's going on with spawn? Is it being expanded/worked on?
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 30 Mar 2016, 03:18

WokenClick wrote:Zeth, that definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in helping with. Filling out the request form to add my place now.

SAJewers wrote:I can definitely help, especially since I seem to be the main guy doing the nether tunnel system.

Ah, yes, the details .... Its a standard google doc spreadsheet, so I'll need an email to add the edit rights to. please send me a PM and I'll add the permissions.
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 30 Mar 2016, 17:42

Atifexe wrote:I think I'll request an invite, please. Due to some streaming- and Youtube-related changes, my Minecraft SN is now WiseDrachenJager.

I don't plan on recording anything on the server, and if that changes, I'll ask people if they're okay with me featuring their work before I do so.

Done
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Tacos_yay » 30 Mar 2016, 22:22

I was wondering what the final fate of the books in the stronghold was gonna be. I would like some, but I'm not gonna touch them without the consent of my fellow players.
Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 01 Apr 2016, 10:16

Road Update! The main road that goes south of spawn is partially built. It goes from spawn east until it reaches Seirhune's Mines, before turning south and going past Mungo clan Sandheaver's Tree Fort, and then on to near the First Temple of the Holy Rectangle (Tuckiozi). Future work will take the road towards SA Jewers' keep.

additional: I have plans for a road to go further east from near where Seirhune has their mines, past Sky_Rider19, the Village and on to Omega_Lairon's Safari Zone, and maybe to other builds in the area. This is, however, lower on my list than current roads.

Currently there are no plans for a north road, save prehaps one that goes all the way to the Lord_Hosk Wall.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 01 Apr 2016, 12:01

Exachix wrote:additional: I have plans for a road to go further east from near where Seirhune has their mines, past Sky_Rider19, the Village and on to Omega_Lairon's Safari Zone, and maybe to other builds in the area. This is, however, lower on my list than current roads.

I can probably assist on parts of the east road project, now that my base is "good enough" and resources are ample. That there's already both a convenient point to start from and an easily copy-able style guide for how we're doing roads, it should speed things up considerably.

ED: First section of the east road is "done", stretching from the fork from south road up to the bridge leading into Sky's territory / base. It still needs some minor work, however - primarily installing the torches along the sides, and cobblestone stairs in places. The big bridge probably needs a few tweaks (and definitely needs some aesthetic additions), and there's some stubborn dirt which refuses to get grassed up, but otherwise it's good to go.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Map1eSyrup
First Video: "Shooting the Break"

Postby Map1eSyrup » 01 Apr 2016, 18:13

Unreal, I'd like to join you guys, again!

In Game name is Map1eSyrup
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 01 Apr 2016, 22:03

Hiya, not sure how much I'll log in, but make as well check it out.

Username: ritchards
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 02 Apr 2016, 09:50

Just an FYI, but I now have a Zombie Farm over at my place, if anyone needs it.

EDIT: Also, there's a portal out to a plains with a ton of horses, so people can get horses to use in the nether.
necargoface
First Video: Friday Nights- Time Walk

Postby necargoface » 03 Apr 2016, 12:02

I would like an invite if possible. Name is Vanoitran.
This is a signature. You are a human. This conversation is over
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 03 Apr 2016, 12:39

Yo I'm down.

dixonij
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 04 Apr 2016, 11:03

Hey everyone! It's been a few weeks with the new server up, we've been building our homes, we've been gathering enchantments. But we haven't explored the newest part of minecraft: the End City. But in order to access this mysterious city, we need to first destroy the dragon that guards it.

What would be a good time for us to meet up and face the dragon? I was thinking this sunday around 2PM EST time. Since the dragon can be respawned now we don't need to wait for everyone to be on to face him once. If the time and day doesn't work out for most, we can figure out a new time that works for the most people.
Last edited by Sky_rider19 on 04 Apr 2016, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Apr 2016, 11:19

Doesn't work for me, personally. I'm good any time Mondays. Tuesdays through Fridays after 9 PM EDT. Saturdays not at all. Sundays after 9 PM EDT.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 04 Apr 2016, 16:57

Nether Hub Update:

This is what I'm thinking of going with for both the actual tunnels and the portals themselves. This should also fix the issue I've noticed a few times of taking horses through the nether and having them suffocate.

If anyone wants to help (I'll definitely need help), or donate Nether Brick/Netherrack, Quartz, or Cobble/Stone/Stone Brick, feel free (I'll probably put a place in spawn for materials)
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 08 Apr 2016, 09:40

All player invite requests sent.
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 08 Apr 2016, 09:41

SAJewers wrote:Nether Hub Update:

This is what I'm thinking of going with for both the actual tunnels and the portals themselves. This should also fix the issue I've noticed a few times of taking horses through the nether and having them suffocate.

If anyone wants to help (I'll definitely need help), or donate Nether Brick/Netherrack, Quartz, or Cobble/Stone/Stone Brick, feel free (I'll probably put a place in spawn for materials)

What's the yellow part?
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 08 Apr 2016, 14:02

The Ceiling? Quartz/Chiselled Quartz.
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 09 Apr 2016, 00:32

Do we have some sort of map or something to show where open spots to build are in the world?
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 09 Apr 2016, 00:48

zeth_russ wrote:We currently don't have a map. I've used http://buildingwithblocks.info/ and some google docs magic to hack an updateable map together:

Overworld: https://goo.gl/acQBJT
Nether: https://goo.gl/knVkBi

To my knowledge, that's the only map available. It doesn't autoupdate, and it's definitely missing at least my site.
Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 09 Apr 2016, 01:25

zeth_russ wrote:Since I dont want every random person on the internet to be able to use that spreadsheet I've added a form for new location requests:

http://goo.gl/forms/C70u1JYdex

I would like to add some volunteers as editors on the spreadsheet and form. Who is interested in that ?

The form in the quote above can be filled out to add your site to the spreadsheet and then the map.

Adding a site to the map may result in a road being built to it.

As an aside, there are currently a number of roads and offshoots! This will be collated into Guides ingame, and I hope the signs on the roads will be clear enough to help, but here is more information:

If you leave spawn via any enterance, you will get onto the road network. There is a road that goes NORTH but it is not complete at this time. It will eventually lead to WokenClick's Tower, and onwards to the Great Pumpkin Wall (Lord_Hosk).

There is a junction out the SOUTH end of spawn. This junction has two roads that go both WEST and EAST.

The WEST road travels over plains and rivers, through forests and through hills. It leads to korandder's Keep, where it terminates.

There is also a road that goes EAST. This road is named the 'South Road' because it travels to Seirhune's Junction before turning south. This place is named so because of it's proximity to Seirhune's old mines.

There is an offshoot here that goes EAST. This road leads to Sky_Rider's build, and will eventually lead onwards to Omega_Lairon's build and Seirhune's Court.

The 'South Road' continues on past Seirhune's Junction and past Mungo Sandheaver's build to the First Temple of the Holy Rectangle (Tuckiozi). Prior to this place, however, there is an offshot to the South East, which leads to Road_Hog123's place and the Garden Keep (Exachix).

The South Road continues on through woods and over rivers to a village, and then finally terminates at SAJewers' Keep.

Also; who do I ask about building a small hall at spawn in order to have these books availible to the public, and prehaps maps of the areas.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 09 Apr 2016, 16:42

Exachix wrote:There is an offshoot here that goes EAST. This road leads to Sky_Rider's build, and will eventually lead onwards to Omega_Lairon's build and Seirhune's Court..

Got an update on the S-E road: I've extended the path proper out a short ways from Sky's place towards the village at (roughly) 640, y, 180. The rest of the route has been marked out with floating dirt (man, cutting through that thick forest was... "fun"), including cutting out a tunnel linking the village outskirts to the edge of the forest. So all that's left now is to run along the marked route with some shovels / torches (I don't *think* there needs to be any more bridges, but should be no problem either). I'm expecting the work on this section to be completed within a few hours at most.

Also, just as a heads up Sky_Rider - the oak bridge into your base was moderately exploded at some point. I can double back and patch it up once the road's done, but just giving you a heads up in case you look outside and see a chunk taken out of your road. I also advise some more torches in the immediate surrounds, going forward ^_^

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 10 Apr 2016, 09:52

starting Ender fight in 4 mins!
Myshpoetry