New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Re: New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Postby SAJewers » 29 Apr 2016, 10:27

Atifexe wrote:Alright, so we want to build you a nether portal at x2, z185. That's barely off the main path in the Nether, so it won't have it's own room - it'll be more of an alcove.

That might be a problem then.

EDIT: NVM, we're good.
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 29 Apr 2016, 18:53

Atifexe wrote:I'd be happy to collaborate on an iron farm, to be sure! Though, if we can't use the spawn chunks, the question becomes less of "where" and more "which design do we use?" Did you have one in mind?

How massive do you need it to be? Like, the iron titan farm big?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STs4wDJewNw
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 30 Apr 2016, 08:36

After a long night, the base disc for Atlantis is built. Now to design some buildings. Anyone up for that challenge?
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 30 Apr 2016, 12:21

Subsequently to that news, I have the much more dull announcement that (barring a few cosmetic touches and some missing fencing [I don't have much/any of the required oak wood]) The S-E road is now COMPLETED, at least as far as current growth/bases is concerned.

THE ROUTE:

This road forks out from the... I want to say South road out of spawn? One of them anyway. It takes you east through the woods over to Sky_Rider's place, then into some heavy forest and through part of a mountain to an NPC village. From there, the terrain flattens out and it's a much less claustrophobic stroll over to what I'm calling the "Obsidian off-shoot". Following the path forward and under a partly cut-away hill brings you to the desert, and eventually to Seirhune's cool floaty base (with adjacent village/fort/f*** factory [seriously, there's some high grade breeding going on there]).

Otherwise you can take the right fork from Obsidian off-shoot and circle around past the "environmentally protected" swampland, into the savannah to be greeted by the Safari Zone gate (no pets allowed : p). The path continues to wind along what is basically a moat bordering my territory, over another big bridge, and into Desert 2: Sequel Name Joke. The road runs towards an as-yet unknown player's base (seriously, whose is that? it's pretty neat.), before taking a final couple of turns and terminating at the borders of yet another NPC desert village.

*exhale*

So yeah, that was a fun project. I could do without the waiting around for a few in-game days waiting for literal grass to grow so I can "pave" the damn stuff, but it was fine besides that.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 30 Apr 2016, 20:18

Myshpoetry wrote:How massive do you need it to be? Like, the iron titan farm big?

That is the one I had wanted to build, but my understanding was that it needed to be built in the spawn chunks to prevent the villages from collapsing into one another. Also, its sheer size is a bit daunting. =P That said, if you're up for it, I'll start collecting materials and studying the tutorial.
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 30 Apr 2016, 20:38

Atifexe wrote:
Myshpoetry wrote:How massive do you need it to be? Like, the iron titan farm big?

That is the one I had wanted to build, but my understanding was that it needed to be built in the spawn chunks to prevent the villages from collapsing into one another. Also, its sheer size is a bit daunting. =P That said, if you're up for it, I'll start collecting materials and studying the tutorial.

I'm always up for big projects. The city I'm building is at 1816 by 6936
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 01 May 2016, 19:00

Omega, if you were looking for another Road project the Northern one is in need of becoming an actual road. I went through and made it at least a one block wide path all the way up to my place (not sure if anyone else is up here) but my path finding was probably terrible and calling it an actual Road at this point would be pretty generous. I can start farming up regular oak to restock, otherwise I have a good bit of spruce that could be used.

Also last call on those SkeleHorses. If no one wants them / wants to take them to spawn I'm going to get rid of them soon, they are kind of in a bad spot.
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 01 May 2016, 23:54

WokenClick wrote:Omega, if you were looking for another Road project the Northern one is in need of becoming an actual road. I went through and made it at least a one block wide path all the way up to my place (not sure if anyone else is up here) but my path finding was probably terrible and calling it an actual Road at this point would be pretty generous. I can start farming up regular oak to restock, otherwise I have a good bit of spruce that could be used.

My shovel already tingles with anticipation. I'll take a look see at my earliest convenience - see if we can't turn your little path (though I'm sure it's just fine regardless ^_^) into a proper road.

ert+
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 02 May 2016, 04:34

I keep forgetting to mention it, but near the Stronghold I posted on the last page, there's a build near the shore that probably needs a road out to. No idea who's build that is though.

Also might want to make a road out to the Free Horse Plains, since it appears that someone is building out there now.
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 06 May 2016, 00:23

Was there a server roll-back recently? I seem to have lost the better part of an hour or so's work on the North road. Not the worst setback from a numbers perspective, but it's seriously torpedoed my motivation for the project in the short term. So for now, the road is on hold until I can work up the willpower to de-mountain the planned route once again.

ED: Disregard - it's done now. Guess I had some spare "give a s***" after all.

The North road is a nice, short stroll through two forests - both the "classic oak" and "mono-birch" varieties. Between the two, the road carves through what used to be a mountain, but is now I guess some sort of micro-canyon? Eventually it reaches its current termination point at WokenClick's village/base.

Let's hope it *stays* road-ified this time.

ert+
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 08 May 2016, 11:02

Anyone wanna do another dragon fight?

Also, I went on a End run, and managed to pick up 2 Elytra/Dragon Heads, as well as a bunch of Tools/Weapons/Armor, which is all in Community Storage.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 08 May 2016, 16:10

Hey folks! Just a friendly reminder to please notify someone if either you break something or you find something that's broken - I went to use the Blaze farm today and found that it had been damaged in ways that made it non-functional on one side and dangerous on the other. It's repaired now, but it's got a couple of out-of-place blocks as a result of having to use what I had on me.
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 08 May 2016, 19:57

I'd love to have a quick look around, username AlexAshman
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 09 May 2016, 18:25

AlexAshman wrote:I'd love to have a quick look around, username AlexAshman

Done
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 10 May 2016, 04:47

Myshpoetry wrote:
AlexAshman wrote:I'd love to have a quick look around, username AlexAshman

Done

Great, thanks!
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 10 May 2016, 09:21

Posted this on Discord, but I'll post it here as well:

Elytra and Punch 2 bow tutorial - Infinite flight in vanilla 1.9.2
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 12 May 2016, 12:19

For those who missed it, here's James streaming from the Realm: https://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/v ... =01h57m34s
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 12 May 2016, 13:29

Atifexe wrote:

Just a not of caution: Make sure the farm you want to build actually works on Realms - I think most do not. you might want to look at a redstone resettable version like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNZsP36hqxk
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 12 May 2016, 17:58

Of course James did his usual "I'm going to fly so I'll miss how most of this stuff is supposed to be seen and get lost because who needs roads/paths when you can flyyyy" thing =p, but cool to see him on the server on stream! I just wish my castle was farther along...
Stellapacifica
First Video: A Feed Dump of some sort

Postby Stellapacifica » 12 May 2016, 22:01

Would love to jump on this train. Username is Emistella. Thanks for setting this up!
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 13 May 2016, 01:30

SAJewers wrote:For those who missed it, here's James streaming from the Realm: https://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/v ... =01h57m34s

Oh hey, neat, I should watch this and...

James_LRR wrote:That's a nice little path...

little path

little path

LITTLE PATH

x_x

I worked hard on that road : (

No but seriously, it's all good. Looks like he managed to hit a lot of the really cool stuff people have built which, as I figured, puts my crap-tangular house to shame. Kudos everyone!

I really ought to build some manner of Pokemon related monument or whatnot on my lands, like I had on the last 2 server iterations.

ert+
ThinksTooMuch
First Video: A Feed Dump

Postby ThinksTooMuch » 14 May 2016, 09:57

Can I request an invite? My IGN is ThinksTooMuch.

I'm thinking I want to do a hanging gardens of babylon type of thing... any recommendations on where I can find a suitable unclaimed desert to build in?
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 14 May 2016, 10:37

ThinksTooMuch wrote:any recommendations on where I can find a suitable unclaimed desert to build in?

You're in luck - there are a few deserts to the east that might work for you. From spawn, take the south road, and then the east fork. You'll come across a desert a few 100 blocks down the road, and while it *does* have some bases people have already built, there should be room enough for you as well. But if you're not in the mood for neighbours, that's cool too - the east road forks just before the first desert, and the right hand fork leads to a second desert with less settlement, so you'd have more space to claim.

If that's still too close to neighbours for comfort, there is one more option which is a bit more remote and definitely untouched. Head out to approximately [2560, Y, 40]. You'll hit desert a while before getting to those exact co-ords, but you'll find an NPC village there, so you might be interested in keeping it nearby.

Hope it helps!

ert+
ThinksTooMuch
First Video: A Feed Dump

Postby ThinksTooMuch » 14 May 2016, 10:54

Thanks! I'll have a look at the first two once I can access the realm (I don't want to be too isolated from civilization, but didn't want to accidentally screw up people's existing/planned builds either).
Myshpoetry

Postby Myshpoetry » 14 May 2016, 20:53

Stellapacifica wrote:Would love to jump on this train. Username is Emistella. Thanks for setting this up!

Done

Return to “Video Games”