I need some tech help with WiFi and my PS4

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Bobalob93
First Video: Unskippable-FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

I need some tech help with WiFi and my PS4

Postby Bobalob93 » 01 Dec 2016, 15:09

So I recently changed the room that my PS4 is sat in, and now it can't connect to the WiFi properly. It's a little bit further away from the Router now, so I figured that would happen, and I've bought a plug-in network extender to try and fix things, but it hasn't worked.

I've tried connecting my PS4 to the Hotspot half of the extender using WiFi and an ethernet cable, and using the Hotspot to clone the signal from the main router then tried again with WiFi and the cable, but the connection still isn't stable enough for decent online multiplayer. On top of that, the network extender seems to occasionally interfere with the WiFi connection to my laptop.

Has anyone got any advice to help me fix things? Please?
My Twitter -Bobalob93
My Tumblr - www.bobalob93.tumblr.com
My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bobalob93/?hl=en

Enough shameless plugs for now!
GibsGangbrok
First Video: Checkpoint

Re: I need some tech help with WiFi and my PS4

Postby GibsGangbrok » 26 Jan 2018, 05:57

Hey,
I read your problems and tried to get solution.
I visited many websites and forums like
pinoy network and tambayan etc, for this purpose.
Found some suggestions
follow these instructions below and good luck!

From the PS4 Menu (XMB), scroll right to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Select either Wi-Fi or LAN cable (Wired)
Wi-Fi: Custom > Select Network > Enter Password (automatically saved if you are already using this network) > IP Address Settings (automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
LAN (Wired): Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
From there, enter the Primary DNS as "8.8.8.8" and the Secondary DNS as "8.8.4.4"
Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection

*If the above DNS server does not resolve the issue, try the following server instead:

Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Return to “Video Games”