Eternal Crusade, a Warhammer 40k game

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Eternal Crusade, a Warhammer 40k game

Postby Elaro » 30 Apr 2017, 06:08

"It's the most fun I've had PC gaming in a long time." -Me

"It takes some getting used to, but only because you have to unlearn the stupidity that other shooters have taught you."-Also Me

Hi! Welcome to the LRR Eternal Crusade thread.

What is Eternal Crusade?

It's a team-based PvP third-person shooter set in the Warhammer 40 000 universe. It's really frakkin fun. You can play as Orks! Or Eldar! Or some flavour of Space Marine, either Loyalist or Chaos, but who cares about them. The important thing is, friendly fire is always on, and you can forgive someone for their sins of shooting you in the back. Fortunately, if they aren't forgiven enough times, they get autokicked, so that's fun.

So, about the mechanics of the game: the health works like Halo: CE, the cover works like Gears of War, the melee works a bit like Space Marine, (in that you have a dedicated melee button, and you can switch between melee and ranged at will) except you have 3 moves you can make which counter each other in the rock-paper-scissors way, and you have rolling, which depletes your stamina meter.

I don't know how to describe the flow of this game, except to say that it's very faithful to the spirit of the tabletop game, where charging your opponent with knife and pistol is actually not a bad idea half the time. I'd say it has to be played to be appreciated, which is lucky because it's Free-to-Start. Yes, in that Nintendo way, where every in-app purchase you make decreases the cost of buying the full game.

We should play sometimes! My steam id is Elaro .
nicoleadams
First Video: checkpoint 153

Re: Eternal Crusade, a Warhammer 40k game

Postby nicoleadams » 10 Oct 2017, 10:51

Wafhammer 40k is amazing!
I just have bought a custom PlayStation Thief The Game edition with flickering slots

Return to “Video Games”