VR Choices

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
DownloadMoreRAM
First Video: Ways To Get Video Ideas

VR Choices

Postby DownloadMoreRAM » 12 Dec 2017, 14:59

So I don't know if there is something going on with the way ads run right now, but I keep getting commercials for VR games and VR walkthroughs when I am watching videos on Youtube right now. And they are kinda working because I now really want to get myself a VR accessory after/during the holidays. I used to want to get an Oculus Rift, but there seem to have been some pretty big improvements in the industry this past couple years so I thought I should see what else is out there. Some of the Youtubers I watch have multiple units so that does not help as they don't say what they are using. I upgraded my PC's video card this summer so there should be no hardware limitations( unless my processor is under powered but I highly doubt it).

So obviously I would be leaning towards getting something for my PC, but a PS4 with VR also looks appealing. I have yet to break into the current generation of consoles so that might be a nice way to do it but buying the PS4 (and I would have to get a Pro) and then buying the VR helmet would be very expensive. I don't really know if it is worth it either, I keep seeing the ads for Skyrim VR but I am assuming that works on the PC if you have the latest version. Any recommendations/opinions would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

I have been reading up on the latest advancements in VR lately and found that Samsung seems to be running a gambit on the industry right now. A couple sites listed top 5 VR headsets with 3 of them being versions of the Samsung Gear, so that is what I was looking for. I never have good luck with eBay or Amazon so I went looking for something else, and found some great listings on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/vr-headset including a 2016 Samsung Gear VR headset for only half of the in store(used still) price. Now I can finally get that Rick and Morty game that Steam keeps saying I will love. Merry Christmas to me!

Return to “Video Games”