Rock Band 2's out.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Chris_Gonzalez

Rock Band 2's out.

Postby Chris_Gonzalez » 14 Sep 2008, 09:57

And it's great.

It's out for the Xbox 360. Just the game, but you can buy the wireless drumset separately at certain Gamestop stores.

Some electronic places aren't selling it until Tuesday for some reason, but hey, whatever. Just know that you should be able to head to your local Wal-Mart and pick it up.
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 14 Sep 2008, 14:12

I'm looking forward to it, the songlist has some good songs.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 360, so until I get one, I'll have to stick with GH2 for the PS2.
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
allison

Postby allison » 14 Sep 2008, 14:20

eeee!
does anyone know if its out for the wii? :D
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 14 Sep 2008, 14:29

i feel left out. i dont like gh or rock band.

id rather play amplitude (gh without the guitar and harder)
allison

Postby allison » 14 Sep 2008, 14:36

iEatNinjaZ wrote:i feel left out. i dont like gh or rock band.

id rather play amplitude (gh without the guitar and harder)

whats the point of gh witout the guitar?
pft
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 14 Sep 2008, 14:47

allison wrote:whats the point of gh witout the guitar?
pft

it would be wierd to play with the guitar.
there are more than one track. one for drums, guitar, bass, vocals, sfx, and other stuff. a normal song would have anywhere from 4-8 of them. you have to switch fast between them and hit the notes like in gh. a guitar would feel awkward in the game.

trust me its like 15646461561 times more fun than gh

gh was inspired from that game anyways.
harmonix developed both games
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 14 Sep 2008, 15:10

But without the guitar you can't feel like an awesome rock star. Duh.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
iEatNinjaZ

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 14 Sep 2008, 15:55

Cake wrote:But without the guitar you can't feel like an awesome rock star. Duh.

i dont feel much like a rockstar when i realize im playing a fisher price guitar with colored buttons....
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 14 Sep 2008, 15:56

To be fair, the Rock Band guitars actually look like guitars.
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
allison

Postby allison » 14 Sep 2008, 17:06

iEatNinjaZ wrote:
Cake wrote:But without the guitar you can't feel like an awesome rock star. Duh.

i dont feel much like a rockstar when i realize im playing a fisher price guitar with colored buttons....

stop being such a grumpy old man
teh_sam

Postby teh_sam » 14 Sep 2008, 17:12

Damn it, I'm slacking on my video games current events again

My college professors keep telling me I need to read the news, I never listen to them.....
there goes another $60.

I am Sam, Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham......

Will graduate college the year of the Mayan Apocalypse...yay for me.
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 14 Sep 2008, 19:12

I preordered at the Elephant's Bum and picked it up this morning. Loving what little of it I've gotten to play so far. Singing Master Exploder is practically a dream come true xD
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 14 Sep 2008, 22:08

Australia's voice:

So, Rock Band ONE is coming out next month, late October I believe. They still haven't confirmed an exact date....:P

Guitar Hero 4 is coming out November the 12th here, next month I'm preordering it. :) (Money's a little tight atm.) I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm so stoaked for World Tour's setlist, got a lot of good songs on it. :)

For the PS2 however, 'cause I simply don't have the money for a 360. The only thing the PS2's missing is the online function, which to me isn't that big a loss considering I don't have the net at home anymore.

ATM I'm using the schools net, thankfully LRR isn't blocked. However if anyone's been wondering where I've been, that's the reason - no net at home = a HELL of a lot less LRR. :(

When it comes to RB2, I'd be quite happy to buy it...if it were out, or going to come out in this country any time soon. :P I've seen RB1 (A local EB's has it on display, and I've seen youtube videos) and if the World Tour instruments for the PS2 are backwards compatable for RB1, then I might get it. Otherwise, screw getting 2 drumkits not to mention the $$$.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 15 Sep 2008, 00:21

I <3 Rock Band 2. I only have a guitar and a microphone right now since my first drums broke ohh so long ago but a new set is on it's way now.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 15 Sep 2008, 09:38

I'll be getting Rock Band 2 in a couple of days. I don't know that I'll be able to resist the ION Drumrocker kit...there's a lot to be said about a much-tougher and adjustable drum kit.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 15 Sep 2008, 10:19

I haven't fully explored Rock Band 1 yet, but I'll likely be picking up the RB2 disc at some point for the sake of the extra songs and so on.

Then I'll be grabbing the full GH4 kit, because Guitar Hero has always felt a lot nicer to me, both the responsiveness and the instruments, and the drum kit looks better.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
AeroCmdr

Postby AeroCmdr » 15 Sep 2008, 23:13

Sable wrote:I'll be getting Rock Band 2 in a couple of days. I don't know that I'll be able to resist the ION Drumrocker kit...there's a lot to be said about a much-tougher and adjustable drum kit.
I was not able to resist it's temptation. I will be pretty broke for a little while but I will be rockin' quite hard.
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 16 Sep 2008, 10:07

AeroCmdr wrote:
Sable wrote:I'll be getting Rock Band 2 in a couple of days. I don't know that I'll be able to resist the ION Drumrocker kit...there's a lot to be said about a much-tougher and adjustable drum kit.
I was not able to resist it's temptation. I will be pretty broke for a little while but I will be rockin' quite hard.

YOU MUST GIVE ME A REVIEW WHEN YOURS COMES IN.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 16 Sep 2008, 10:16

Amplitude rocks, anyone that has not played it find it and play it NAO!

RB2 seems a little bit of overkill for me, Having dropped the cash for RB less than a year ago it seems silly to spend again for (pretty much) the same game.

-^_^-
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 16 Sep 2008, 11:33

Annchan wrote:Amplitude rocks, anyone that has not played it find it and play it NAO!

RB2 seems a little bit of overkill for me, Having dropped the cash for RB less than a year ago it seems silly to spend again for (pretty much) the same game.

-^_^-

Well, all the RB1 peripherals work for RB2. It's a crapton more music (all master tracks, too!), some gameplay tweaks, and you can use your RB1 tracks in RB2 (with a five-dollar download from XBLA), along with any DLC you had for RB1. If you just get the disc, it's a pretty great deal.
AeroCmdr

Postby AeroCmdr » 16 Sep 2008, 12:44

Sable wrote:
AeroCmdr wrote:

YOU MUST GIVE ME A REVIEW WHEN YOURS COMES IN.
Indeed I will
AeroCmdr

Postby AeroCmdr » 16 Sep 2008, 12:50

Sable wrote:
Annchan wrote:Amplitude rocks, anyone that has not played it find it and play it NAO!

-^_^-

Well, all the RB1 peripherals work for RB2. It's a crapton more music (all master tracks, too!), some gameplay tweaks, and you can use your RB1 tracks in RB2 (with a five-dollar download from XBLA), along with any DLC you had for RB1. If you just get the disc, it's a pretty great deal.
Enter Sandman, Run to the Hills, and Paranoid won't port over. It's only three songs but I just wanted to make it clear.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 16 Sep 2008, 13:34

How much is just the disk?

Ugn, I guess I could google it myself.....

Ebgames.com says 60 bucks, that's the normal cost of a game. I guess I could trade in rock band 1 and get rock band 2
-^_^-
AeroCmdr

Postby AeroCmdr » 25 Sep 2008, 19:29

I got my ions and they are terrific. It's a lot sturdier and it feels better than the regular drums and they are more responsive. The bass pedal isn't the best since it's really a high hat pedal but I've gotten used to it. I may replace the pedal in the future with something else but for now it's all right. I've only played with them for a few hours so I need a bit more time to really judge but it's awesome so far.
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 26 Sep 2008, 18:07

The guys at Ars Technica gave the new Rock Pedal peripheral (rockpedal.com) a glowing review. You might hit that up, though his site is remarkably cheesy.

So, worth the cash?

Thanks for your impressions, Third Matt! I am seriously leaning towards ordering one of those...

Return to “Video Games”