Ye Olde Mafia: Lol night again

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Aztec Cowboy Mafia

Postby Aztec Cowboy Mafia » 11 Nov 2008, 17:52

jtaylor wrote:Vote: Aztec Cowboy Mafia
All too eager to have someone who is obviously innocent lynched.

When you say "someone who is obviously innocent", do you mean kkief? Because I see 2 things wrong with that statement:

1. We have no way of knowing she's innocent.

2. I don't think she should be lynched any more. Go back and read my posts. Even when I did want her lynched, it was only because I thought Cake had information. He doesn't, so I don't.

Now, counter question! Why do you think kkief's so "obviously innocent"?
Last edited by Aztec Cowboy Mafia on 11 Nov 2008, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
there are mad and beautiful things beneath the skin of the world we know
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 11 Nov 2008, 19:11

Cake wrote:And if you want to know a little bit more truth, CT, I thought about voting for you immediately after you followed me so blindly in doing this.

I had the same intention you did, as I already said right after I was called out on voting for her. I just came forward right off the bat.

So, nobody has any actual leads... :/
I can't think of a signature.
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 11 Nov 2008, 19:11

(Of note, the opening quotation mark of the last line should be before obviously and not so.)
She's obviously innocent in that there is no evidence against her, not in that I can vouch for the fact that she isn't scum. When someone has actual evidence indicating that she is not aligned with the general populace, then she will no longer be obviously innocent.

Aztec Cowboy Mafia pushed for a lynch based on evidence that never existed except in his mind. I am quite aware that ACM pulled back once it was clearly stated that he did not even have Cake's word to go by.

The town has been fighting fatally amongst itself and who would support this more than the scum. Perhaps he is scum, perhaps he is not, but he was supporting baseless accusations, and not a clear and logical argument or any sort of evidence. The difference between my statements towards the removal of Aztec Cowboy Mafia and his statements of nonsense is that I have explained why his behavior is a clear and present danger, whereas he wants to kill someone based on entirely unfounded accusations.

Would anyone who is not Aztec Cowboy Mafia like to come to his defense?

immediate edit: this is all in response to ACM's last post, I didn't see CT's until I posted
Last edited by jtaylor on 11 Nov 2008, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 11 Nov 2008, 19:12

I have nothing to support or slander ACM.
I can't think of a signature.
Aztec Cowboy Mafia

Postby Aztec Cowboy Mafia » 12 Nov 2008, 00:14

jtaylor wrote:(Of note, the opening quotation mark of the last line should be before obviously and not so.)

(Duly edited; thanks.)

She's obviously innocent in that there is no evidence against her, not in that I can vouch for the fact that she isn't scum. When someone has actual evidence indicating that she is not aligned with the general populace, then she will no longer be obviously innocent.

Fair enough.

Aztec Cowboy Mafia pushed for a lynch based on evidence that never existed except in his mind. I am quite aware that ACM pulled back once it was clearly stated that he did not even have Cake's word to go by.

I pushed for a lynch? Last time I checked, the first person to vote for kkief based on Cake's word was CyberTractor. In fact, you'll notice that I never voted for kkief at all. My decision was wrong, and I regret it, but at the time I foolishly assumed that Cake wasn't just pulling a stunt as pointless as it turned out to be.

In addition, I'm sorry if my proposition seemed to you like I was "pushing" anyone. It was just a proposal, though I realize I worded it too strongly.

The town has been fighting fatally amongst itself and who would support this more than the scum. Perhaps he is scum, perhaps he is not, but he was supporting baseless accusations, and not a clear and logical argument or any sort of evidence. The difference between my statements towards the removal of Aztec Cowboy Mafia and his statements of nonsense is that I have explained why his behavior is a clear and present danger, whereas he wants to kill someone based on entirely unfounded accusations.

This is fair reasoning, and I'd be an idiot or a scumbag if I didn't acknowledge that. I reacted too naively to Cake's false accusation, and I can see that it makes me look suspicious.

Also: "wanted", not "wants". Like I said in my last post, I no longer want to lynch kkief, because I recognize that Cake was lying.

Would anyone who is not Aztec Cowboy Mafia like to come to his defense.

How would this help me, in your eyes? Anyone who would come to my defense could just as easily be mafia. It's up to you to trust that I made a mistake: I realize it's hard, but I've got nothing more I can offer.
there are mad and beautiful things beneath the skin of the world we know
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 12 Nov 2008, 17:08

I have something to say!

Im not dead yet, my internet just was. While the internet changeover took a while, i also kinda forgot about this game.
So, TL;DR?

who died again? our prime minister?
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 13 Nov 2008, 05:08

See? When Cake isn't causing mischief, no one does anything.

Vote Everyone
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Joystick Hero

Postby Joystick Hero » 13 Nov 2008, 09:37

Vote: meisbored.

While I don't have much to go on, he's been lurking pretty hardcore for most of this case. Emperor Gum also suspected him up until his untimely demise, and I liked the good bard.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Nov 2008, 10:53

Unvote

FOS: Siobhan for being lurky and only responding to an accusation against her earlier, and jumping on the Beta-wagon late yesterday.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 13 Nov 2008, 22:58

As a notice to all, I suggest that if no one is going to make suggestions or even do something worthwhile with this day we ought to try to hunt a lurker (or at this rate, one who is lurking slightly more than the rest of the people in the town).

At least we can accomplish something with the day, as we cannot win or lose our town to the scum unless we actually try to DO something.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 14 Nov 2008, 05:09

Kara wrote:As a notice to all, I suggest that if no one is going to make suggestions or even do something worthwhile with this day we ought to try to hunt a lurker (or at this rate, one who is lurking slightly more than the rest of the people in the town).

At least we can accomplish something with the day, as we cannot win or lose our town to the scum unless we actually try to DO something.

I agree. Vote Siobhan.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 14 Nov 2008, 12:38

Though I can't really put my finger on it. Siobhan hasn't been instilling me with townie confidence since she showed up. And though I sympathize about having to be AFK for most of the week on an emotional level, the end result is the same: a lurker I don't know enough about to form a good position on.

So, unless she can make a convincing defense that doesn't include baked goods, Vote: Siobhan.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 14 Nov 2008, 12:43

Vote Siobhan

My reasons are placed above and this seems like the way we're shifting as far as lurkers go.
Joystick Hero

Postby Joystick Hero » 14 Nov 2008, 13:24

Unvote

Vote Siobhan

I was primarily going after a lurker with meisbored. Siobhan is also a lurker, and I am more likely to be successful with a vote in this direction.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Nov 2008, 14:34

I am sticking with FOS at Siobhan until she is able to defend herself. But it's not looking good so far.
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 15 Nov 2008, 14:58

This game has been going on to long for a successful skim of 23 pages. as such, i have no opinion one way or the other.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 15 Nov 2008, 16:05

Because she is a lurker, so until she talks

Vote: Siobhan
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Nov 2008, 13:08

Three full days since I first FOS'd her and no response, as well as several votes for some time now.

Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 16 Nov 2008, 13:11

Bloody hell.

Little options, I suppose. Something'd better come out of this night's actions.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 16 Nov 2008, 13:15

FOS:siobahn

I was lurking a bit to so its a bit premature for me to place a vote yet but she's still kinda suspicious.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Nov 2008, 13:58

One more to lynch I think, but I would like to hear from her first.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 16 Nov 2008, 16:20

"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 16 Nov 2008, 17:24

(To be quite honest, I forgot this game was even going on since it moved to the game forum and I don't really come here)

Looks like I'm on death row. Before I die, I have no idea what's going on or who to point a finger at. You are all on your own and I hope you all starve to death.

Suckers.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 16 Nov 2008, 17:27

Master Gunner wrote:I do have one incredibly small lead actually: Somebody somehow visited Siobhan last night to do something.
That's literally all I know, I have an investigative ability, but it tells me absolutely nothing. Sorry guys. I don't even know if the visitor was town or scum, but I figured I might as well say something.

Actually, if I die, I suggest lynching Master Gunner. Since I wasn't visited and I have no idea what he is talking about. I think he's lying about his ability to cover up for mafia. And if I have to die to prove this, then so be it.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Nov 2008, 17:38

Well I suppose I'll have to start my defense now then, as I did investigate her, so obviously she was visited by me, and the pm I got back was extremely cryptic and as far as I can tell, only said "someone else was here". Depending on Siobhan's ability and the ability of whoever else visited her, it is entirely possibly that she had no idea she was visited. Also, note how I have not voted against Siobhan or said anything against her (...and watch that come back to bite me somehow).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “Video Games”