Wrath of the Lich King

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Telaril

Wrath of the Lich King

Postby Telaril » 11 Nov 2008, 07:52

So, I come home from work yesterday, and what do I see? A fed-ex box waiting on the Sofa for me! Inside, straight from Blizzard is a blue CE!

Yeah, I somehow got my copy of the Wrath CE in the mail yesterday. So I guess I'll be ready for that midnight launch. Someone in the mailing room at {insert vendor here} is probably going to be in trouble.

So, do people have interesting plans for Wrath? I'm looking forward to a bunch of old friends unquitting and being excited about the game again more than any particular content, though I'll probably end up end-game raiding like I always do. I've got a holy priest who will be leveled first, and a Moonkin and Prot Pally I'll level after.

Wheeeeee, expansion.
RobertMc123

Wrath Of The Lich King

Postby RobertMc123 » 11 Nov 2008, 08:43

I do not have a level 70 yet, still waiting to get that far, but I hear that the Lich King is attacking Stormwind and Orgimmar right now just to help with the countdown to the Wrath launch.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 11 Nov 2008, 09:56

myself and a few of the lrr crew play alliance on dark iron.

we are very excited for the expansion.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 11 Nov 2008, 10:08

the release is Wednesday night, yeah?
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 11 Nov 2008, 10:30

I'm also alliance on Dark Iron, I've led a guild there for several years, heh. My forum name is one of my game names. If any of you guys need anything on DI, let me know.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 11 Nov 2008, 10:39

Telaril wrote:I'm also alliance on Dark Iron, I've led a guild there for several years, heh. My forum name is one of my game names. If any of you guys need anything on DI, let me know.

What the shit, seriously?
What guild? I am totally daft.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 11 Nov 2008, 10:47

I'm the Guild Leader of Exuberance, one of the Penny Arcade Alliance guilds there. We're the ones who insist on at least some level of respect for the English language, such as not using the letters "u" and "r" instead of the words "you" and "are."

Rishya is my other main, and Larelle is my paladin who is also 70.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 11 Nov 2008, 11:49

Penny Arcade Noob Story:

my friend Pv rolled a rogue on frostmane or frostmourne or something, maybe it was a diff server i dont remember, anyways it was UBRS, felstriker (the best offhand in the game at the time) dropped, some noob penny arcade rogue got it. a couple months later Pv was decked out in T2 but the penny arcade rogue still only had felstriker.... in his main hand... with icy weapon on it....
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Nov 2008, 13:35

I had a dream about Wrath last night. It was fucking weird, a collection of random things that had to do with WoW. And then I woke up and had to pee, and my first thought was "I'm a healing stream totem".

So I'm pretty excited for the launch. I actually don't have it pre-ordered yet, so I'm gonna be getting on that today. Anyone know if there is a way to just download/digitally upgrade from Blizzard's site? Instead of having to leave my house to get my copy?
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Cheeseonfire

Postby Cheeseonfire » 11 Nov 2008, 13:43

What an insane coincidence about Dark Iron.
I'm Withoutteeth on there.

Can't wait for Wrath. I wanna roll DK before I worry about going to Northrend.
I'm still trying to figure out why someone didn't tell me how awesome Muse is.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 11 Nov 2008, 13:49

I am Ragan or Seagull on Dark Iron, but I am switching to Seagull as my main (mage) after playing a shaman since vanilla release, haha.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Nov 2008, 14:02

Well shit, apparently Fred Meyer doesn't do pre-orders, so I might be screwed out of a copy for a couple of days. Time to hit up Amazon...damnit.
RobertMc123

Wrath

Postby RobertMc123 » 11 Nov 2008, 15:02

Apparently some 7-11's in the US are selling the game early. I don't see why this is a big deal because there is not much anyone can do with it until the midnight launch anyways.
JesterJ.

Re: Wrath

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Nov 2008, 15:22

RobertMc123 wrote:Apparently some 7-11's in the US are selling the game early. I don't see why this is a big deal because there is not much anyone can do with it until the midnight launch anyways.

I read about this, but as far as I know, no 7-11's near me sell games. Pretty cool though, you wouldn't have to go out at midnight to get your copy/the day after, you'd just have it ready to go.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 11 Nov 2008, 15:24

Also it appears that GameStop's website has more Collector's Editions for sale...so if there is anyone out there who REALLY wants that Frost Wyrm pet...better act fast.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 11 Nov 2008, 15:42

I was ape-shit for WotLK for a while but after doing most of the raids and level my characters on private realms theres nothing exciting to it.

Plus most of the community on Llane are a bunch of assholes so I've had my fill of that game. Also my wallet is happier not paying for it every month.
Vaughn

Re: Wrath

Postby Vaughn » 11 Nov 2008, 15:45

RobertMc123 wrote:Apparently some 7-11's in the US are selling the game early. I don't see why this is a big deal because there is not much anyone can do with it until the midnight launch anyways.

I dont think they 'sell games early', they sell games they dont know theyre not supposed to yet.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 11 Nov 2008, 15:51

I never "got" the idea of selling an MMO update at midnight with a big flashy premier. The premise works for offline games or games with offline components, but with an MMO Blizzard can easily say "we're not bringing the authentication servers up until midnight EST." if they do that, why not let everyone pick up their copy the day before, so they don't have to worry about people selling stuff early, pre-orders arriving early, long lines, etc. It can all be calm, and everyone can have an even start.

Plus, the system as it is gives something of an unfair advantage to those of us on the East Coast, getting to start three hours before West Coasters.
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 11 Nov 2008, 16:12

Telaril wrote:I never "got" the idea of selling an MMO update at midnight with a big flashy premier.

People are fuckin' DUMB and will wait outside a store for anything, passports, a sequel to a game, a movie, a book. If people want it and you tell them they get it before everyone else if they sit outside for 9 hours in the cold, they'll do it.
Frost

Postby Frost » 11 Nov 2008, 16:14

Telaril wrote:Plus, the system as it is gives something of an unfair advantage to those of us on the East Coast, getting to start three hours before West Coasters.
goes up at server time so it is the same everywhere.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 11 Nov 2008, 17:49

Myself and another friend, plus Matt/James/Ben of crew fame will be five manning the SHIT out of wrath. Plus I have enough people I know that I can run 10 mans without guild help.
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 11 Nov 2008, 19:28

Well if you guys ever need an extra tank, healer or DPS... look me up. Or hell, if you can type, like Penny-Arcade, and want a guild.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 11 Nov 2008, 21:44

I'm HORDE!!!! (Allaince=sux. You'd know so if you'd play Warcraft III) I play on Andorhal/Andorlawl/Andorphail/Phaildorhal/phailphailphail.

It crashes a crap ton but it is great fun. I RL know a head of one of the major guilds in this server. He goes to some LANs in my town.
Image Image Image
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Nov 2008, 22:00

Sieg Reyu wrote:I'm HORDE!!!! (Allaince=sux. You'd know so if you'd play Warcraft III) I play on Andorhal/Andorlawl/Andorphail/Phaildorhal/phailphailphail.

It crashes a crap ton but it is great fun. I RL know a head of one of the major guilds in this server. He goes to some LANs in my town.

pulling the horde/alliance debate card in here really doesn't work, we all have 70 horde characters too.

-m

I am not angry at you.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Nov 2008, 22:39

Cureless_Poison wrote:
Telaril wrote:I never "got" the idea of selling an MMO update at midnight with a big flashy premier.

People are fuckin' DUMB and will wait outside a store for anything, passports, a sequel to a game, a movie, a book. If people want it and you tell them they get it before everyone else if they sit outside for 9 hours in the cold, they'll do it.

Yeah, fuck people that are fans of a product/idea! Fucking sheep, all of them! You tell 'em man.

Return to “Video Games”