Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
ExtraSensory
First Video: 3 PS3s

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Postby ExtraSensory » 03 Mar 2009, 00:36

This one kind of got swept under the radar, I wouldn't have known about it at all unless I had read about it in Game Informer.
I have yet to try this one out, but I've heard positive things. Basically, the story is that you are Matt Hazard, who (in the game, not in real life) was the star of a bunch of classic games, the latest one being 6 years ago.
This game is essentially about Matt Hazard using the current generation of consoles to destroy all of his past enemies. Or at least, that is what I gather.
It's meant to be a parody of action games as time has gone on.
I'll probably start playing it sometime this week, I'll let you know my thoughts.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 04 Mar 2009, 00:44

I've been seeing stuff for this in the past few months and I thought it looked pretty interesting. Not sure whether or not I would actually get it. I don't rent games, and I probably wouldn't buy it unless it was awesome.

If I hear some decent stuff I would probably grab it for cheap in a bargain bin down the road.
Re'ozul

Postby Re'ozul » 04 Mar 2009, 06:25

I especially like the bit about how "HAZMATT Cars" was a lousy game, for obvious reasons.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 04 Mar 2009, 12:24

I loved the section of the trailers I've seen where he fights the 2D Castle Wolfenstein characters.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Mar 2009, 13:43

I just saw the whole trailer on their site, and it looks hilarious.
Totally going to get this.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Mar 2009, 13:47

Apparently it's not actually very good.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 05 Mar 2009, 00:22

The IGN review is pretty harsh, they gave it a 5.2/10. The guy apparently had some trouble with random difficulty during a boss battle and how the game is repetitive in the end.

From what I have heard from word-of-mouth, the game is a average shooter with an average story, some decent humor and basic AI. But apparetly its pretty solid.

Overall, there seems to be mixed reviews.
ExtraSensory
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby ExtraSensory » 05 Mar 2009, 01:00

I've heard extremely mixed. It's a third person shooter much like Gears of war, and it has a "point-to-cover" system, which allows you to target your next cover location and once selected, Matt moves there automatically. Which is nifty, in theory.
The main complaint I hear is that the game gets really repetitive really fast. There are only so many different kinds of enemies and so many different kinds of levels.
While the voice acting from Neil Patrick Harris and Will Arnett is generally praised, the voice acting during action scenes gets rather repetitive. The same way I could only hear "Eat Shit 'n' DIE" so many times in the first Gears of War.
I was planning on picking it up tonight, but got seduced by Star Ocean instead.

Return to “Video Games”