Aion Online

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Err

Aion Online

Postby Err » 04 Mar 2009, 04:43

Just wondering whats people early impressions of Aion online

if you are for some reason it is a new game from ncsoft
website here http://www.bossaudio.com
ps it is a mmmmorpger
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 04 Mar 2009, 05:39

Why not post the actual website instead of spamming.

http://www.aiononline.com/us/
Last edited by Hakaryu on 04 Mar 2009, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Mar 2009, 06:41

Dear Hakaryu,

I've noticed when you post a link, you include the URL tag. This is not needed unless you are embedding the link into something, like a word. If you are just going to post a link, just post the link.

Sincerely,
Cake
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 04 Mar 2009, 08:55

Looks interesting. I'll have to check it out if just for the character creator.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Re: Aion Online

Postby MattAn » 27 Nov 2009, 10:35

Hm.. Good thing I used the search function.

I noticed quite a few posts mainly going Champions Online > Aion.. But personally, I actually like Aion. Then again, I was never really interested in City of Heroes so CO didn't peak my interest either and I originally started off with FFXI.. So that's not saying much. FFXI was fun until you realize it's just non-stop grinding and the job classes are just massive pigeon-holing. Plus, for an adventure game, there sure isn't any sort of strategic new ideas for whatever.

I had a different case with Aion. You level quite fluently as you progress through the areas and it really is quite purdy. What makes it even more interesting is this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8

That just oozes potential. Lots of it. I was actually wondering if anyone here on the LRR forums is playing it or even plans to soon, so I can start to work out which I'm going to get back to playing once my monies are doing better. I went from FFXI to WoW, which was fun 'til mid-20's then things kinda died out as I tried the Aion closed beta and it went from there.

I'm still considering between going back to WoW seriously and just rolling with it (maybe transferring my characters from an Australian server to a US/Canada one with LRR people on it) or Aion and getting my Gladiator and Assassin going more.. Or maybe even dropping them both for Final Fantasy XIV Online if it indeed has learnt from FFXI's major flaws and turns out to be a fun and adventurous MMO... Still not making any promises though.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 27 Nov 2009, 12:03

I do have an account with Aion and an Elyos character on Vaizel server that I've been neglecting in a bad way (Desert Bus "may" have been a factor in that). I'm sure if someone yells at me enough I'll actually get back to it.
ImageImageImageImage
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 27 Nov 2009, 12:20

Hm.. Vaizel, huh? I think I was considering going there, but I ended up with Elysean on Nezekan and Asmodian on Triniel.

Currently, my game time is non-existent, but that's a work-in-progress.

It'd be kinda awesome to have a LoadingReadyRun legion going if there's enough people playing it..
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 27 Nov 2009, 12:57

Hell, if they implement the ability to switch servers soon and if we get enough people I can totally get behind a Runners legion in that game... if we, you know, actually remember to play the damn game.
ImageImageImageImage
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 31 May 2010, 09:39

..So, I hate to necro it up, dawgz.. But I just thought I'd query again if anyone's been playing around with Aion lately. The Aion Visions trailer (aka the planned Patch 3.0) still looks freakin' amazing, but sadly I'm sure FFXIV will be out before then.

Currently, Aion's coming up to patch 1.9 and it looks pretty darn neat! I haven't played -any- MMO's for months and was considering getting back into WoW s'more, but seeing as a friend of mine is running around in Aion, also waiting for FFXIV's release, I figured I'd join in on the fun!

We could've both gone back to playing the WoW characters we had on Saurfang.. But y'know.. WINGS OF AWESOME FLYING POWER kinda took over quickly. At least for now.

There's even a Public Test Server now which has a x4.5 boost to a lot of the EXP gain and drop rates, but it being a test server, there could be a need to refresh/change the characters, etc.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 31 May 2010, 15:51

All I can tell you is that my Aion account has been inactive since sometime last year, but if pressed I do have a level 31 Elyos Templar just sitting on her hands back on Vaizel server waiting for daddy to come back home to play with her again.

... that came out wrong...
ImageImageImageImage
Emberwolf
First Video: The Mirror

Postby Emberwolf » 01 Jun 2010, 10:27

Aion is one of the MMOs I really should try. I remember when some of NCSoft came to my uni for the MMOGFest, Aion was still in final development but one of the guys was able to give a brief bit of info about it. I kinda forgot about it because I was in the Tabula Rasa beta at the time...
I'm not great at MMOs, I don't have the patience to keep playing them. Think I lasted the longest with STO, and that was barely a month. But I am still quite tempted to give Aion a shot.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun....
Katharine Hepburn
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Re:

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 03 Jun 2010, 21:29

Cake wrote:Dear Hakaryu,

I've noticed when you post a link, you include the URL tag. This is not needed unless you are embedding the link into something, like a word. If you are just going to post a link, just post the link.

Sincerely,
Cake

lmao Cake

I heard Aion was a flop so I don't think I think I'll every try it

Return to “Video Games”