Doppleganger Mafia: Play. N3 (PWNED!)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Re: Doppleganger Mafia: Play.

Postby Genghis Ares » 08 Jun 2009, 13:33

Should we put forward some sort of deadline and whoever doesn't show up we satrt with them.

Also, since we know everyone has a doppleganger, unless all of those people are each other's twins, the doppleganger's that are here should definitely alert their twins. Anyone left should work out to be lynched if we wish to do so.

P.S. I'm going to just say either DG for dopplegangers or just Twins to refer to the teams. Easier to constantly type.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 08 Jun 2009, 14:05

Allen! wrote:I like how you did it in WoW, Smidge.

Well it was the quickest way to get some random numbers. Who would have thought WoW would have a practical usage? :wink:
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 08 Jun 2009, 14:14

Apart from using all your spare time.

I agree that we should look to people who haven't posted yet if we are going to lynch someone. Maybe give them tomorrow (in RL) to make a post, then start looking for a rope.

Unvote: no lynch
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 08 Jun 2009, 14:31

Personally I'm a little suspicious of Hak, considering he mosied over here recently from that other town that was infested with Noun Mafia (Tim, did you and he share a ride?). He should know how it works, and should know to post. So unless he's got something to hide, he's being unusually quiet.

Therefore I cast Level 5 Finger of Suspicion: Hakaryu.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 08 Jun 2009, 15:16

Hakaryu and I didn't move over together. I didn't even realize we had moved to the same town. I wonder if he brought his archives with him.

I have no reason to suspect him, but perhaps the horrors of that other town tweaked something in him psychologically. It's possible he's gone off the deep end, but I don't want to say it's likely.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 08 Jun 2009, 16:24

It was horrible what happened in that other town... but I do think we should just take time out to investigate than run the risk of killing our own!

...but it is suspicious that some people seem to not even care the twins have been murdered, maybe some of them are sleeping in because they were busy last night.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 08 Jun 2009, 17:18

Just because I have way too much time on my hands while we are waiting...

Hawkaris, Hakaryu and CanCarter have all been seen walking around town today, but have not cared to join us as of yet (as in they have logged on to LRR today). Xolani was seen yesterday, but must still be sleeping this day.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 08 Jun 2009, 17:44

(( OOC: Maybe they are just staying silent the first day, it happend in the previous game also, so as long as they are aware the game has started there is no problem. ))

Well none of those people have ever been very social to begin with, I have not seem them at any of the town's BBQ's.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 08 Jun 2009, 18:20

Yes, Smidge, but even though I don't consider myself that social, but I've at least stopped by a few times as I've run my morning errands to see if there's any updates on our possible killer.

Since Tapir12 listed Hawkaris first (i.e. random choice)

FOS: Hawkaris
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 08 Jun 2009, 18:44

Vote: No lynch, I don't agree with randomly lynching people, if we lynch some one innocent, how can we call ourselves better than the mafia? I know mistakes can be made but lynching on day 1 is as good as murdering one of us.
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 08 Jun 2009, 20:37

Ah, yes. Apologies for my late appearance, everyone. After hearing about the murders, I rushed to the hardware store to get some new locks for my house. I've been working at the doors and windows for most of the morning, and must've missed the call for the town meeting.

Judging from the minutes, I see we're still rather stuck in the mires of indecision. Though I wish it were otherwise, I don't have much to contribute to the forum. I'll be keeping my ears sharp, but so far nothing strikes me as as being overly suspicious.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 08 Jun 2009, 20:55

I guess that leaves Hakaryu, CanCarter, and Xolani. I can see Hakaryu browsing right now, but he hasn't said hello.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 08 Jun 2009, 21:29

Yeah, what's up with that? Alright, I'm dropping the gloves.

Vote: Hakaryu.

If you're not with us (contributing to the discussion), then you're against us.
Sillyman
First Video: No idea

Postby Sillyman » 09 Jun 2009, 00:39

A modification to the officially stated laws of physics and ethics of the simulation has been made because it has been brought to our attention that a key mechanic has gone unstated. The modification consists of adding a law as follows: "When a player is killed, their role information shall be disclosed to the public as it was disclosed to that player, with the exception of obvious edits including but not limited to removing all names but that player's own from the information.", and, in order that the laws may be indexed by 4 bits, removing a law which was judged to have no effect on the gamestate whatsoever. Thank you for your cooperation.

Postscript: And, as a ballot has been cast, a voting tally shall be posted as a courtesy to all involved in the simulation:

Hakaryu: 1 (metcarfe)

20 participants remain.
11 votes to cause deresolution.
Multiversal Coordinate System syntax:
MCS:S:C:G:S:P:LAT,LNG;
YYYYDDDHHMMSSmmmuuunnnpppfffaaazzzyyy..plancktimesgohere..;
ID.
The location and time portions can be truncated. Time is Earth (MCS:0:0:0:0:3;;0.) time.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 09 Jun 2009, 05:15

Metcarfe actually starting of the vote.
What information do you have against Hakaryu, if it's credible I'll follow your vote.

Altough for now, FoS: Metcarfe
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Jun 2009, 05:35

I don't think Metcarfe was being suspicious, just trying to get a response out of Hakaryu since he was around at the time. In the interests of moving things along, I'll upgrade my FoS to

Vote: Smidge

but only because I think people are being too cautious and messing about too much with FoS to make a decision. I expect to change this before the final vote is made.

Also, Jackboleo hasn't unvoted his No Lynch, so that should be on the list.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 09 Jun 2009, 05:58

Wow, already 2 votes totally randomly cast on people. Under the pretense of otherwise being to careful. Whats wrong with trying to preserve innocent lives?

Also atleast metcarfre has some logic to his vote, as he votes for someone not having spoken yet. TrashJazz you however just vote completely random.

I will retract my FoS on metcarfre,

And,

Vote: ThrashJazzAssassin

Two can play this game, and at least with you I know what I am protecting the town from.

This ofcourse is not my final vote, if someone has a better plan I will follow it, better is just simply, better.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 09 Jun 2009, 07:38

Giving it some thought I will

Unvote ThrashJazzAssassin

Seeing letting quick emotions clouding my judgement could lead to innocent lynchings.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 09 Jun 2009, 08:09

Good call Smidge, I dont think it would be very productive to vindictively vote for people who vote for you; we won't get anywere by letting our judgement be clouded by our emotions.

I think we need to stop procrastinating and make a decision. Given that they have not yet arrived, depite the discussion going on for a good while now, I think we should lynch one of Hakaryu, CanCarter, or Xolani unless they turn up soon.

If anyone is twins with any of these guys then maybe you could pursuade the to cooperate and come to the discussion?
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 09 Jun 2009, 08:54

Do you want me to make a Random list ( in WoW ) again for those people you mentioned?

1. Hakaryu
2. CanCarter
3. Xolani

(( OOC: Does anyone know the times when these people were last active on the forum? Maybe the game master can PM them to report in for the game? ))
Sillyman
First Video: No idea

Postby Sillyman » 09 Jun 2009, 09:29

They have their role PMs, they should have observed them if they are active. Unless multi-recipient PMs are marked as read for everybody once one person reads them?

Hakaryu: 1 (metacarbfree)
Smidge: 1 (ThrashJazzAssassin)
Multiversal Coordinate System syntax:
MCS:S:C:G:S:P:LAT,LNG;
YYYYDDDHHMMSSmmmuuunnnpppfffaaazzzyyy..plancktimesgohere..;
ID.
The location and time portions can be truncated. Time is Earth (MCS:0:0:0:0:3;;0.) time.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Jun 2009, 11:01

Smidge wrote:Giving it some thought I will

Unvote ThrashJazzAssassin

Seeing letting quick emotions clouding my judgement could lead to innocent lynchings.

Funnily enough, I just decided that my vote for you was mere douchebaggery.

Unvote: Smidge

As a replacement, should I add a vote for Hakaryu or pick one of the others? We don't want to risk Hakaryu getting speedlynched by putting in too many votes for him.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I just answered my own question. I'll change it later if we decide to go for one of the others, but for now I shall

Vote: CanCarter

and await further developments.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 09 Jun 2009, 12:17

Sillyman wrote:They have their role PMs, they should have observed them if they are active. Unless multi-recipient PMs are marked as read for everybody once one person reads them?

Hakaryu: 1 (metacarbfree)
Smidge: 1 (ThrashJazzAssassin)

OOC

I believe multi-recipient posts on phpBB distribute a copy to each of the recipients, so regardless of their alliances, they should each have 1 unread message waiting for them.

/OOC

/FOS CanCarter (this always seems to work @ drawing people out of the woodwork).
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 09 Jun 2009, 16:08

Wow, for two murders having just occurred, things are happening pretty slowly around here. Is it just me, or does this day seem REALLY long to you?

I think the missing townspeople have had enough time to kindly join us. Lets get this show on the road.

Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Jackboleo

Postby Jackboleo » 09 Jun 2009, 16:23

It saddens me slightly but I guess it's worth a role of the die.

unvote: nolynch

Still open to other suggestions however.

Return to “Video Games”