Matt Gets His Groove

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Re: Matt Gets His Groove

Postby Vanguard » 08 Dec 2009, 17:40

Graham wrote:Again, metcarfre, you're making assumptions here.

The current plan for cH is an ongoing continuity, but not necessarily a "plot", so I'm not really sure what you expect to "get going".

So your shooting for more of a "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" approach here, right? Every episode can be viewed completely independent of one another but there is a continuity of various things that happen in past episodes (Matt moving out, the whole Geoff arc, death of ballsmotron, etc).

Am I in the ballpark here?
ImageImageImageImage
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 08 Dec 2009, 19:03

Graham wrote:Again, metcarfre, you're making assumptions here.

The current plan for cH is an ongoing continuity, but not necessarily a "plot", so I'm not really sure what you expect to "get going".

Hmm. Well... hmm.

Well played.
Leite
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Leite » 08 Dec 2009, 20:57

Graham wrote:I should say, look at the first couple episodes of season 1 and note that there's no overarching plot there either.

Oh I wasn't referencing the overarching plot of the whole season; I was more talking about how the parallel story lines created an intresting interplay between the characters. It was very reminiscent of Seinfeld.
"If your girlfriend likes your cooking... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! ARRRRR!"
What?

Postby What? » 08 Dec 2009, 23:15

Hmmm, does Tim's presence in the intro mean he's officially part of the "main" crew?
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 08 Dec 2009, 23:39

Yeah, it was announced along with the How to LRR video.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 09 Dec 2009, 00:44

Brightmorn wrote:The grappling issues mentioned reminded me of Darths and Droids.

The bonus comic they made for it absolutely demonstrates stupidity in complexity: HERE.

Ow. Me brain not good no more.
Will-Mun
First Video: D-fer Madness.

Postby Will-Mun » 09 Dec 2009, 02:25

So, did Matt actually move out, or is that just shtick for cH? If he did, curiosity brings me to ask what brought that all about?

Edit: Oh, and as always, awesome. I especially liked Corrupted Tally. I am still on a quest to find a girl I can corrupt, or at least one that's been pre-corrupted.
"Dirty Joke Goes Here."
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Dec 2009, 04:17

Graham is house-sitting in his parents' new place for the time being, and Matt is back in his parents' basement* as seen in the video. Listen to the last couple of LRRCasts for extra details.

*Which isn't funny at all.
1weirdgirl

Postby 1weirdgirl » 09 Dec 2009, 11:41

Don't mean to be a total dweeb but did Matt really move out because of the whole muffin thing?
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Dec 2009, 12:28

1weirdgirl wrote:Don't mean to be a total dweeb but did Matt really move out because of the whole muffin thing?

Yep. Crazy but true. Make sure to listen to the podcast to hear the whole story.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Dec 2009, 16:53

metcarfre wrote:
1weirdgirl wrote:Don't mean to be a total dweeb but did Matt really move out because of the whole muffin thing?

Yep. Crazy but true. Make sure to listen to the podcast to hear the whole story.
Now you're just messing with people.

No, he did not.
In cH, he moved out due to a combination of things.
In RL, it was nothing so petty.

Also, Vanguard is on the mark for what we're hoping to do with cH, yes.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 09 Dec 2009, 17:34

Graham wrote:Also, Vanguard is on the mark for what we're hoping to do with cH, yes.

Yes! I win!

*cough*

Right, in all serious it's both a good move and a pretty clever one. That approach will let you guys be able to work more "random" ideas and individual stories than you would if everything was linked with the added benefit of sticking with the "us playing us" routine without having to veer to far into "refuge in audacity" territory like with most of the regular LRR videos.

Added bonus: because each one is more-or-less self-contained that means members of the community will be able to write, or try to write cH episodes without worrying about breaking anything.

I approve, guys. Way to go.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Dec 2009, 18:03

It also allows Lying to get back to his fanwan- er, "Timeline of LRR" fanfic.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 09 Dec 2009, 20:02

Master Gunner wrote:It also allows Lying to get back to his fanwan- er, "Timeline of LRR" fanfic.

Ouch! That's a burn and an "OH, SNAP!" moment at the same time!

My "laugh out loud" moment was the door bit.

Also, hooray to Tally for allowing Jer to corrupt her!

Trisha Lynn
...can it work in reverse...?
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Dec 2009, 20:27

Graham wrote:
metcarfre wrote:

Now you're just messing with people.

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 10 Dec 2009, 02:04

Graham wrote:In RL, it was nothing so petty.

No! It was for big huge friendship destroying reasons! OH GOD! FIRST THE ESCAPIST AND NOW THIS?!

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!
Nothing to see here.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 10 Dec 2009, 05:50

This is why i trust LRR, because you're awesome. Half the length it used to be and still my favorite modern sitcom. I also like how quick the Matt Phail is at the end, and the set up for future hillarity.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 10 Dec 2009, 06:57

Vanguard wrote:
Graham wrote:Also, Vanguard is on the mark for what we're hoping to do with cH, yes.

Right, in all serious it's both a good move and a pretty clever one. That approach will let you guys be able to work more "random" ideas and individual stories than you would if everything was linked with the added benefit of sticking with the "us playing us" routine without having to veer to far into "refuge in audacity" territory like with most of the regular LRR videos.
Precisely. This is why it's a good thing.

"Season 2" is not really a "thing" like Season 1 was, it's more ongoing now.

Also, as several people have incorrectly stated, these changes are NOT made with the intention of bringing in a new audience. We made it really clear that cH doesn't do that.

We're doing cH for you, and for us. We just caaaan't do 17 minutes every month. So this is how it's going to be.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 10 Dec 2009, 10:36

Graham wrote:
Vanguard wrote:

Precisely. This is why it's a good thing.

"Season 2" is not really a "thing" like Season 1 was, it's more ongoing now.

Also, as several people have incorrectly stated, these changes are NOT made with the intention of bringing in a new audience. We made it really clear that cH doesn't do that.

We're doing cH for you, and for us. We just caaaan't do 17 minutes every month. So this is how it's going to be.

It's even more than that, really. If we consider the fact that cH has a short opening sequence, no onscreen credits, and no commercials, you guys were basically making a tv half hour every month in addition to everything else you do. Honestly, I'm amazed by the amount of work you guys put out, and I would be if all you did were the normal LRR videos on a weekly basis. The point that you basically self generate an entire production house is insane.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 10 Dec 2009, 12:13

epocalypse wrote:This is why i trust LRR, because you're awesome. Half the length it used to be and still my favorite modern sitcom. I also like how quick the Matt Phail is at the end, and the set up for future hillarity.

Good point, and it made me realize something as well. When the changes were announced, I was very skeptical and significantly upset. Even after hearing the explanation, I had doubts. And I had them right up until seeing this. Now that I realize that they were right, I really do trust them. And that's why I'm not worried about the Escapist deal, either.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 10 Dec 2009, 15:59

Random note on the video: I just noticed Graham's DBFH shirt. Hooray for shout-outs to the best/longest week ever?
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
ArmondoSC

Postby ArmondoSC » 11 Dec 2009, 12:16

Awesome.

Now that's out of the way. A few things.
-Where did Morgans hair come from? Was that bit filmed before DB?
-I noticed Grahams coat on Jers door. It was the buttons, they stand out.
-In the podcast Graham said he moved out. Does this mean IRL Matt has to find a new roommate. Or did both move out together?
-On James new blog he mentions having a nerf war in Grahams new place. Did Graham move into the "House of the Dead" house. Because that would be an awesome nerf war arena...

That is all...
Tacos?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Dec 2009, 12:22

Like in the video, Matt moved out first, which is what necessitated Graham moving out. Graham is indeed currently living in the "House of the Dead" house, which is actually his parent's new house, which he is just housesitting while they sell their old one.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
ArmondoSC

Postby ArmondoSC » 12 Dec 2009, 06:07

Ah, I see...

I wish sooo baldy to join in the Nerf festivities. That house, in the dark, with many fully armed and operational Nerf guns...

I'll be in my bunk(er)...
Tacos?
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 12 Dec 2009, 12:50

ArmondoSC wrote:-I noticed Grahams coat on Jers door. It was the buttons, they stand out.

As did I, this time. Also, lols at the autoclave line. It's topical humour!... to me.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”