commodoreHUSTLE 03 - Critical

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
theashigaru
First Video: The Con

Postby theashigaru » 08 Dec 2008, 12:03

Why is Jer wearing no shoes when he comes into the apartment? Morgan wasn't wearing any either.
Is it safe?
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 12:14

Comments still on the first page? I woke up just in time.

When CH first began, as much as I enjoyed it I became concerned about the world this takes place in. Sure the story itself is still funny but could the characters still install Linux on each other? Could they fall ill to a case of country music? Does the time helmet function here? What about the bears? Is the James here different than the one that turned into a hampire? Can someone still inexplicably become gorgeous for a day? Unfortunately it appears those are merely videos in Commodore Hustle & the LRR crew exists within it to create them. However! The more CH I see the more I like it. It's quick, sharp, well-written & very funny. Plus, we still get our reguLRR dose of wackiness the rest of the month.

I don't think I have anything to worry about. Great work, gang. :D
Last edited by Evil Jim on 08 Dec 2008, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 Dec 2008, 12:14

theashigaru wrote:Why is Jer wearing no shoes when he comes into the apartment? Morgan wasn't wearing any either.

Oops.
I guess Morgan is very courteous while he's sabotaging Jer?

Also, there is one instance of Jer having "bad luck" before the dice thing, but perhaps we presented it poorly. Maybe we should have made a bigger deal of it? It's the thing with Bill's cup.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 08 Dec 2008, 12:20

Best line: 'I made that myself!"
tbug

Postby tbug » 08 Dec 2008, 12:24

King Kool wrote:Who's the older guy playing D&D with Jer?

I guess that would be me. I'm Dale. (They stuck our names up when we first appear.)
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 08 Dec 2008, 12:24

If you heat up plastic dice with the desired value face up, I would imagine they partially melt, weighting the dice. I like the idea of the dice shots being shot in reverse, though.

Anyways, this is the best cH yet; it still annoys the hell out of me you haven't established that you guys make videos: someone watching just the cH wouldn't understand. Please establish it at some point.

Also the whole thing with Graham not actually going to work was well worked in and I know it was susposed to be funny, but I just found it sad.
Pirate Jack

Postby Pirate Jack » 08 Dec 2008, 12:25

It was great how the D&D group seemed to work together so flawlessly. Like between Jess and the guy with the counting and the ones and something?

Can Jess replace Matt? XD

EDIT: Although there may be less Graham in these than other characters, it kind of seems like it's about Graham more than anybody else.

We get Graham in the intro doing the setup for the video, and then the rest of the video kind of revolves around his wacky friends.

I like it.
Last edited by Pirate Jack on 08 Dec 2008, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Graham and Paul signed my Wiimote. I never have to do anything cool ever again.
GHOVO

Postby GHOVO » 08 Dec 2008, 12:26

Emperor Gum wrote:If you heat up plastic dice with the desired value face up, I would imagine they partially melt, weighting the dice.

Never playing DnD with you... ever
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 08 Dec 2008, 12:28

If anyone can figure out how the dice shots were done before the podcast, I will send them a... PM... or something...

But srsly, gogogo deconstruct.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 12:29

Emperor Gum wrote:If you heat up plastic dice with the desired value face up, I would imagine they partially melt, weighting the dice. I like the idea of the dice shots being shot in reverse, though.
How do you shoot die rolling in reverse?

Emperor Gum wrote:Anyways, this is the best cH yet; it still annoys the hell out of me you haven't established that you guys make videos: someone watching just the cH wouldn't understand. Please establish it at some point.
They've established this in just about every CH video so far. "Doing something more with the site." "That would make a great video." Paul in front of the greenscreen going through the iterations of "pwn." Etc. Plus, since Commodore Hustle is already on the LoadingReadyRun website it should be pretty obvious that they make videos.

Tim wrote:If anyone can figure out how the dice shots were done before the podcast, I will send them a... PM... or something...
Weighted dice.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 08 Dec 2008, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 08 Dec 2008, 12:38

tbug wrote:
King Kool wrote:Who's the older guy playing D&D with Jer?

I guess that would be me. I'm Dale. (They stuck our names up when we first appear.)

I saw the name. I more meant in relation to the crew or something.

Pleased to Internet meet you. Let me shake your Interhand and later, I'lll Internet touch you inappropriately.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 Dec 2008, 12:38

Evil Jim wrote:
Emperor Gum wrote:If you heat up plastic dice with the desired value face up, I would imagine they partially melt, weighting the dice. I like the idea of the dice shots being shot in reverse, though.
How do you shoot die rolling in reverse?

I did think about it, and it would look fake as heck. It would also require a rig that somehow attached the camera to the rolling surface so they stayed paired up. Probably the lights as well.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 08 Dec 2008, 12:38

Evil Jim wrote:Weighted dice.

Wrong.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 12:39

King Kool wrote:Pleased to Internet meet you. Let me shake your Interhand and later, I'lll Internet touch you inappropriately.
With his tentacles.

Matt wrote:Wrong.

-m
Do I get another guess?
Last edited by Evil Jim on 08 Dec 2008, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 08 Dec 2008, 12:39

I'm maybe the 50th person to see this.

Sweet.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 Dec 2008, 12:43

Evil Jim wrote:
Matt wrote:Wrong.
Do I get another guess?

Fiiiiiiiiiiine.
allison

Postby allison » 08 Dec 2008, 12:43

at school, no sound, can't watch, cry
GHOVO

Postby GHOVO » 08 Dec 2008, 12:43

Oh yeah. ERROR: Matt makes a comment about 'Fallout 3 came out a week ago'

And yet when they talk about Graham being fired due to reenacting Fallout 3. They say he was fired "2 weeks ago"

Dun dun dun
tbug

Postby tbug » 08 Dec 2008, 12:45

King Kool wrote:I saw the name. I more meant in relation to the crew or something.

That's actually Jer's gaming group, and the scene was apparently the next one in the adventure that we were going to encounter. They just filmed it, and then once they'd finished shooting we kept playing.

It turns out, by the way, that decapitating an undead doesn't make it stop attacking you with anything other than its bite.

King Kool wrote:Pleased to Internet meet you. Let me shake your Interhand and later, I'lll Internet touch you inappropriately.

I have someone who handles inappropriate touching for me. Have your people call my people.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 Dec 2008, 12:46

GHOVO wrote:Oh yeah. ERROR

Dammit.

Maybe Paul was just using it as an example?
Or! I was following the pre-release hype for Fallout 3 extensively, so perhaps I was just ahead of the curve?

Wait! Got it.

Matt says "Like a week ago". Clearly his timing estimation is off.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 08 Dec 2008, 12:50

Graham wrote:
GHOVO wrote:Oh yeah. ERROR

Dammit.

Maybe Paul was just using it as an example?
Or! I was following the pre-release hype for Fallout 3 extensively, so perhaps I was just ahead of the curve?

Wait! Got it.

Matt says "Like a week ago". Clearly his timing estimation is off.

this.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 08 Dec 2008, 12:53

commodoreHUSTLE? More like, Poor..Calendar...Continuity...Fustle...

LRR is lame.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Andeh

Postby Andeh » 08 Dec 2008, 12:57

Where the dice placed desired side up then sucked up by a vacuum cleaner and then played in reverse but a bit slower?

Mad guess but you never know.

And nice CH! Loved the 'pwn' section.
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 08 Dec 2008, 13:07

I am gonna guess that as soon as the top side of the rolled dice is shown, you threw a image layover on the top side of the dice that would read 1 thus allowing it to be shot as normal and the dice to be "fixed in post" :P
D-Darsh
First Video: The Quantum Documentary

Postby D-Darsh » 08 Dec 2008, 13:08

lol good episode I was literally laughing throughout the entire DND bit omg Jer has to be the most evil DM I have ever seen.

Also for the dice obviously they imbued it with phail so it always rolled natural 1's.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”