commodoreHUSTLE 05 - Street

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Feb 2009, 17:38

Hurt him! Throw organic beans at him.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 03 Feb 2009, 17:39

Elomin Sha wrote:What's NANP?

Also 999 was accurate, I was talking to Bjorn, he lives inside me.

NANP: North American Numbering Plan. Your 999 = our 911
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 03 Feb 2009, 17:51

Elomin Sha wrote:Bjorn... lives inside me.

:shock:
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 03 Feb 2009, 17:56

Graham wrote:I have a problem with that Flagging code, for a couple reasons. The main one being that "wants head" and "will torture your penis" are far too similar in colour.
Shudder.

Cue my best Matt voice:

"Write that down. That's a video idea."

An incredibly disturbing video, now that I think about it, but a video nonetheless.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Feb 2009, 19:28

I think I may have to take a photo of Runners Neo (ie me in my Matrix costume with a light blue bandana) soon.
Canonfoder

Postby Canonfoder » 03 Feb 2009, 19:50

I figured someone would've said something about this very sneaky well placed joke...
Morgan/Bill talk about hollandaise sauce, Transition with map and someone sets eggs benedict on the table... which is topped with hollandaise traditionally. Forgot to mention that one in my megapost jstu becasue the map transition was so cool.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 03 Feb 2009, 21:41

Wha...

And here I thought you guys were just joking!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
nathan555

Postby nathan555 » 03 Feb 2009, 21:43

I've known it all along, but I think ipedobear counts as officially coming out of the 4chan closet.

Morgan /b/ "I have the power to crush my enemies... on the internet" & "did you know that Hollandaise sauce was originally just dutch semen?"

Matt /toy/ "no you guys just sold my display copies, i keep doubles."

Paul /g/ "i saw your flash over there, and it wasn't like locked down or anything, and i thought i might improve it."

Jeremy /tg/ "assuming bill constitutes a large sized creature, he gets a +4 cover bonus to AC vs. ranged attack if any square he occupies constitutes as cover."

Graham /v/ "i dont feel like playing coop tonight... i love you too mom"

kathleen /fa/ "got this shirt on sale?" and /fit/ "ran a 5k in only 25 minutes?"

Bill /mu/ "I like music that comes from the heart" and /k/ -no quote needed, his body is a lethal weapon.
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 03 Feb 2009, 21:59

Dominic Appleguard wrote:
Tim wrote:So now your nickname is "Ampersand"?

It wasn't meant to catch on, and it didn't, but that was my implication, yes.
I thought it was silly for him to have people call him by a letter, so in a mildly Lehreresque fashion I decided to take it to a silly extreme. @ would have been too obvious.
Hen3ry?
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 03 Feb 2009, 23:51

ChiUnit4evr wrote:
Tim wrote:So now your nickname is "Ampersand"?

It wasn't meant to catch on, and it didn't, but that was my implication, yes.
I thought it was silly for him to have people call him by a letter, so in a mildly Lehreresque fashion I decided to take it to a silly extreme. @ would have been too obvious.
Hen3ry?

Actually, I was referring to the way he described his songwriting process:

'...to take the songs you all know - and, presumably, love - and, as it were, kick them when they're down. I find that if you take the various popular song forms to their logical extremes you can get anything from the ridiculous to the obscene...or as they say in New York, "sophisticated".'

But yes, that's an amusing and unintended correlation you made there.

'...to give you an idea of what an individualist he was, he spelled it H-E-N-three-R-Y. The three is silent, you see.'

Oh man, I love me some Lehrer.

'When someone makes a move / of which we don't approve, / who is it that always intervenes? / U.N. and O.A.S., / they have their place, I guess, / but FIRST! / We send the marines!'
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 04 Feb 2009, 06:36

Great vid, as always.

I know all of the characters are parodies of themselves, but does Paul have a reputation for being a tinkerer in real life? I know he'd never NESBox an XBox 360, but does he install Linux on his computers or relentlessly try to convert others to Linux?
goat

Postby goat » 04 Feb 2009, 07:01

I know all of the characters are parodies of themselves, but does Paul have a reputation for being a tinkerer in real life? I know he'd never NESBox an XBox 360, but does he install Linux on his computers or relentlessly try to convert others to Linux?

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they mentioned at the screening event that Paul doesn't use linux, nor does he know how to install/use it, adding to the ridiculousness of the situation.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Feb 2009, 07:13

goat wrote:

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they mentioned at the screening event that Paul doesn't use linux, nor does he know how to install/use it, adding to the ridiculousness of the situation.
It was mentioned in the Installation Anxiety LRRcast that he knows how to use it, but reinstalled Windows 2000 immediately after the training course ended. He doesn't use it.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
maxx111

Postby maxx111 » 04 Feb 2009, 08:54

Canonfoder wrote:
maxx111 wrote:cans I has gangsta?

Isn't it I can has gangster? The same kind of mistake Brad made in Phail 11.

[sarcasm] Wow really? [/sarcasm]
Keep up the good work!
Unless its bad work... stop that!
Mercenary

Postby Mercenary » 04 Feb 2009, 10:12

I guess the ending sequence is the new intro?

XD

Saints Row intro is awesome!

Doubles huh? XD
johnny

Postby johnny » 04 Feb 2009, 10:27

Here's a shot from the VISFF, Graham asked that we hold off putting it up until after the this video went up so as not to spoil the ending. Enjoy.

ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 04 Feb 2009, 11:00

ChiUnit4evr wrote:Hen3ry?

Actually, I was referring to the way he described his songwriting process:

'...to take the songs you all know - and, presumably, love - and, as it were, kick them when they're down. I find that if you take the various popular song forms to their logical extremes you can get anything from the ridiculous to the obscene...or as they say in New York, "sophisticated".'

But yes, that's an amusing and unintended correlation you made there.

'...to give you an idea of what an individualist he was, he spelled it H-E-N-three-R-Y. The three is silent, you see.'

Oh man, I love me some Lehrer.

'When someone makes a move / of which we don't approve, / who is it that always intervenes? / U.N. and O.A.S., / they have their place, I guess, / but FIRST! / We send the marines!'
I gotcha.

"You can't take three from two, two is less than three so you look at the four in the tens place. Now that's really four tens so you make it three tens regroup and you change a ten to ten ones and add it to the two and get twelve and take away three, that's nine."

"Oh the catholics hate the protestants/ and the protestants hate the catholics/ and the hindus hate the muslims/ and everybody hates the jews/ but during national brotherhood week..."
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 04 Feb 2009, 14:58

johnny wrote:Here's a shot from the VISFF, Graham asked that we hold off putting it up until after the this video went up so as not to spoil the ending. Enjoy.

What's wrong with your camera? Why do James and Jer look like one completely different woman?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 04 Feb 2009, 18:48

Tim wrote:I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how after James flashes Morgan Paul is suddenly wearing dark goggles for protection.

I think that's probably my favourite thing in the whole episode.

I do love that part, and in my review I was probably going to mention it first. But then again, maybe I'd have gotten sidetracked by seeing Matt in a suit and how it contrasts to the other gangster styles.

Someone mentioned how each of the opening credits outfits are tailored to each "character's" style and I was wondering... is that true? What's the outfit shorthand that I'm missing by being a recent LRR-fan?

Trisha Lynn
...mmm...man in suit...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 04 Feb 2009, 19:15

nathan555 wrote:I've known it all along, but I think ipedobear counts as officially coming out of the 4chan closet.

*cut examples*

Nooooooo! I thought you guys were too cool for 4chan-douchery!

Trisha Lynn
...pouting from New York City...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 04 Feb 2009, 19:20

Trisha Lynn wrote:Someone mentioned how each of the opening credits outfits are tailored to each "character's" style and I was wondering... is that true? What's the outfit shorthand that I'm missing by being a recent LRR-fan

The references I can see are:
* Graham last wore multiple popped collars in "A Sacred Duty".
* I don't know for sure, but James's getup is kinda sporty...a "Tennis" reference, perhaps?
* If anyone's going to wear a suit, Matt's probably the one. Not really a canon source I can think of, but it's spiffy and it works.
* Kathleen looks really indie, but that's normal.
* Paul is, of course, dressed like he was in RS64K.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Feb 2009, 21:51

Trisha Lynn wrote:Nooooooo! I thought you guys were too cool for 4chan-douchery!

I feel it was worth it for the joke.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Feb 2009, 22:03

Trisha Lynn wrote:Someone mentioned how each of the opening credits outfits are tailored to each "character's" style and I was wondering... is that true? What's the outfit shorthand that I'm missing by being a recent LRR-fan

The references I can see are:
* Graham last wore multiple popped collars in "A Sacred Duty".
* I don't know for sure, but James's getup is kinda sporty...a "Tennis" reference, perhaps?
* If anyone's going to wear a suit, Matt's probably the one. Not really a canon source I can think of, but it's spiffy and it works.
* Kathleen looks really indie, but that's normal.
* Paul is, of course, dressed like he was in RS64K.

they're only really "for our character" to the extent that we got a bunch of costume items and got to pick what we wanted to wear ourselves. But I guess that works quite well, really.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 04 Feb 2009, 22:16

Yeah the costumes are tailored to each crew member's personality because they all dressed themselves in ways of their choosing. So a lot of it was probably subconscious rather than intentionally symbolic.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 04 Feb 2009, 22:26

Tim wrote:Yeah the costumes are tailored to each crew member's personality because they all dressed themselves in ways of their choosing. So a lot of it was probably subconscious rather than intentionally symbolic.

I wouldn't even say subconscious so much as simply thinking "ooh, I like how that looks" which coincidentally fit our characters, since we're playing ourselves.

-m

I am not angry at you.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”