commodoreHUSTLE 05 - Street

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 02 Feb 2009, 19:46

What exactly is Pure Pwnage? I thought it was just the store that sold LRR T-Shirts.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 02 Feb 2009, 19:50

Evil Jim wrote:What exactly is Pure Pwnage? I thought it was just the store that sold LRR T-Shirts.

it's a mockumentary web series about the life of a "pro-gamer". it's great, you should check it out. the start at least. last couple eps have gone right downhill.
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 02 Feb 2009, 20:03

ChiUnit4evr wrote:Also to Jer, if you ever read this, just how hard did Morgan hit you? You looked genuinely hurt.

I was egging him on so he hit me hard . . . that was the last take of five or six, and it was a solid one. Right between the muscles.

Emporer Gum wrote:don't think the 'heil Hitler' salute at the end was called for Jer

Was this something in the montage? I'll go back and watch it again to see if I can pick up what you're talking about, but I assure you that at no point was I intending to heil anyone.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 02 Feb 2009, 20:03

I do not know what to think about all of this murmble-wurmble these people are posting about clubs and copying and shirts and change. Gordswinkle! Oxnash! I care not for it! I do not care!

The video was funny. It was well scripted, well acted, well shot. Those are my feelings! That is all.

P.S: Who may I deliver my adulations to on the "Runners" logo? It is an expertly crafted thing of delicacy and delight. I wish to heap praise upon the one responsible for this bundle of vector joy.
Kevco
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Kevco » 02 Feb 2009, 20:09

korri wrote:I'm just curious as to what exactly the Runners website will have that the forums don't? I guess that it will give us some kind of a name and stuff.

I guess I'm just skeptical, but mostly I just fear change

Room for an awesome, cheap, LLR flash game perhaps? I can't wait. And I will seriously buy a LLRunners T-shirt if it comes out.

Also, the music at the end was awesome.

"This series just gets better and better."-Kevco,
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

From The Heart

Postby Shandi » 02 Feb 2009, 20:10

The logic flowed, the humour was the cackling kind more often then the chuckling kind. I think The Runners is a great idea. Man, There were no flat bits in this one and the acting was superb. The "what we've learned" bits are awesome. Bill. Dude. You're so deep.
I totally get what was said in the first episode now, about making the site into more of a "thing."
It's something you can only describe so well. You're developing more of a character, more of a following, more of a LoadingReadyRunship.
Great job, you guys. I really enjoy what you do.
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 02 Feb 2009, 20:11

Holy shit... this is KICKASS. I'd buy a storeful of merch (hmm.. need to get around to that) if more of it was done for Runners.

Surely it also means there should be an official SR2 gang.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 02 Feb 2009, 20:18

Keeps getting better and better!
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 02 Feb 2009, 20:18

Jer wrote:
Emporer Gum wrote:don't think the 'heil Hitler' salute at the end was called for Jer

Was this something in the montage? I'll go back and watch it again to see if I can pick up what you're talking about, but I assure you that at no point was I intending to heil anyone.

I've watched it again and can see where you're coming from, but I can assure you it's not intended to be a heil. Graham took that one snippit from a much longer take of me enacting something very specific, which involved a lot of gestures--none of which were salutes.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 02 Feb 2009, 20:35

A couple of statements for people who are speculating:

1. There WILL be a LoadingReadyRunners t-shirt available in the near future, hopefully within the next two weeks.
2. There will be a lot more to the LoadingReadyRunners than just a list of people who've joined it. Think events, activities, privileges, resources, and potential bonus content.

Also, Graham made the logo, and yes, it's awesome.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
teh_sam

Postby teh_sam » 02 Feb 2009, 20:44

Tim wrote:2. There will be a lot more to the LoadingReadyRunners than just a list of people who've joined it.

Wait! There's a list....where?!?! WHERE DURNIT?!?!

I am Sam, Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham......

Will graduate college the year of the Mayan Apocalypse...yay for me.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 02 Feb 2009, 20:45

teh_sam wrote:
Tim wrote:2. There will be a lot more to the LoadingReadyRunners than just a list of people who've joined it.

Calm down! No hyper-ventilators allowed in the runners.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 02 Feb 2009, 20:46

teh_sam wrote:

There isn't. I just said that because people seemed to think that was all it was going to essentially be.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 02 Feb 2009, 21:03

I can't wait for this LRRCast.
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 02 Feb 2009, 21:03

Graham wrote:
ChiUnit4evr wrote:btw was the opening credits filmed in Saints Row 2? I've never played the game but I'm assuming that's what it was.

It was indeed.
I spent way more time than I should have making the crew in Saints 2.
I'm really happy with how everyone turned out though.

They are all amazing. I especially liked Morgan, the face shape is so right there.

I'm trying to decide if James just has massive guns, or if that thing on his arm was really small. (what was it btw?)
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 02 Feb 2009, 21:05

Redacted by poster.
Last edited by Metcarfre on 02 Feb 2009, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 02 Feb 2009, 21:16

There was so much awesome going on in this video that I ... I don't even know where to begin...

...So, since everything was gold, I'll point out the two things that make me squeal with a large amount of glee:

When Jer rolled out the grid paper, with the plans of Bill and Morgan's apartment on it, I was really hoping he was going to use it as a D&D map, when he did, I squealed, but taking it further worked better than I would have imagined (And further props for the plans having to use mundane components).

Matt arguing about Rodimus Prime. Because he's right.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Canonfoder

Postby Canonfoder » 02 Feb 2009, 21:18

Attempting to do these in order.
Was that the bludgeoning award that is placed in the window at the very start of the vid?
I wish my mom played Saints Row 2, At least i can play Wii Sports with her.
The SR2 models are pretty gosh darn close to the runner outfits. well done.
The Scene change with the Shirts was REALLY fantastic.
The close up for the iPhone seems very very awkward, different lighting different holding position, it just seemed clear that it was not James holding it in the office.
Graham saying "why would you spend five dollars on that" seem weird considering he spent money on the phone thing in Red... Oh wait, that the joke... missed that one till my third watching, my VERY close watching.
Map roll out transition very cool again. I noticed the WHIPtransitions this time after things being said in forums on the last cH about them.
The Gun was awesome especially the authentic "Bang, Kill, and duck falling." noises.
When I saw the split moment of super flash I immediately thought of 30 minutes or less because it looked like the filter used on all of those pictures. More videos referencing themselves! Interesting that this was the first cH without a "There's a Video in that" joke.
Some of the Expletives in this episode were pretty funny too whether scripted thst way or just the way their personalities are.
In addition to it still saying 70k on the whiteboard the LoadingReadyRunners icon is on there too... before they are mentioned... weird.

If you make multiple posts one of them is sure to be helpful...

Paul takes his dark goggles off for his chair scenes.. weird.
I'm amazed that no one has said anything about the best pan for the runners. It was easily Paul's because he is singing "This is why I'm Paul" (Isn't he?) I had to pause the video at that point because I was laughing too hard to pay attention to the last few lines.

Great Video.
Last edited by Canonfoder on 02 Feb 2009, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 Feb 2009, 21:18

metcarfre wrote:Feel free to slap me down if I'm wrong here.

All right, I will. You are wrong.

It will not be a pay site. This is something we are doing for you, for free, as a place that the die-hard LRR fans can hang out in an organized capacity and do fun things.

Yes, there will be a Runners t-shirt (and it'll be awesome), which will be added to the other shirts we sell in an attempt to make some amount of money so we can continue providing the amount of free content we produce.

You are making some huge leaps in assumption here. Even if we did charge for it (which we won't) we wouldn't force anyone into it.

Edit: Sorry if I sound upset, but as we've seen in the past, one person says something in the discussion thread, and suddenly it's the truth. And I don't appreciate you giving negative reviews of something that doesn't exist yet.
Just... wait to see what The Runners site will be before you judge it, okay?

Second Edit: As you have now removed your post, now I really look like I'm flying off the handle... so... thanks for that?

I'm glad you liked the video. Back to business.
Last edited by Graham on 02 Feb 2009, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
NachoManLance
First Video: The Stages

Postby NachoManLance » 02 Feb 2009, 21:25

Agreeing with many on this one, the writing was superb and very well-paced for my liking. The direction looks great from my perspective, and its always awesome to see new faces as well.

Graham wrote:The point is that the die-hard fans clearly want something like this; some way that they can identify as an LRR fan (see the LRRmons). So we wanted to do something official that wasn't odd and religion based.

DRAT!!!!

Graham wrote:Granted there will be a Runners shirt

Oh, sweet.

>.> A LRRmon one would still be cool. Sharpie and white tee to the rescue.
http://twitter.com/NachoManLance

<Witty quote that induces a chuckle>
goat

Postby goat » 02 Feb 2009, 21:27

1. Had my mouth been full during the Duck Hunt scene, I'd have done a spit take

2. You all make very fly gangstars

3. What a fabulous idea with the runners!

4. I love the camera flash, and Paul's magical ability to make things... for lack of a better word "good-er"

5. Is the runners gonna be a blood-in/blood-out thing?

wee! my first post in the forums despite lurking since summer
Moops

Postby Moops » 02 Feb 2009, 21:37

I'm loving the entire Commodore Hustle series, can't wait to see the new site!

Paul is bad-ASS in Runners' style. My gf is pushing to see me sans-goatee since we met after I had grown one and I haven't shaved since. If the Oilers make the playoffs I'll go clean before the playoff beard commences. I'm nervous, but if Paul can do it.. maybe I can too.
Last edited by Moops on 02 Feb 2009, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
magentahaze

Postby magentahaze » 02 Feb 2009, 21:38

I totally have the Cerberus puppy shirt too!!!

Threadless is the shit!
If you don't look edible, you'll never get eaten

If it 's the devil's music, then Satan must be proud.

Dr. Venture: "Brock? Thank God! His freakin' panda's trained to put me in a bag!"
Nintendownz

Postby Nintendownz » 02 Feb 2009, 21:42

Awesome video.
and being the nerd i am, i loved the whole lightgun scene XD
that, and that little scene near the end with you all on the chair xP
<insert signature here>
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 02 Feb 2009, 21:46

Graham wrote:It will not be a pay site. This is something we are doing for you, for free, as a place that the die-hard LRR fans can hang out in an organized capacity and do fun things.

So will there be some kind of requirement to join the runners? Or will it be an voluntary thing?

Also after watching it again, this video has a sense of finality that I can't quite shake. I dunno if that's just my speculations getting the best of me, or did this video did seem like an end to the hustle series to anyone else?
(It could also be that I'm still reeling from the glorious reveal of the Runners concept)

Edit: I could also be a complete idiot and just not be realizing that the entire point of Hustle was to reveal the runners site...

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”