commodoreHUSTLE 06 - Viral

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Philes

Postby Philes » 02 Mar 2009, 21:42

Man, I love me some Commodore Hustle! I've been watching for a few years now, and these videos are what get me the most excited about your site! My ideal world would have you guys getting paid to do these once a week with a network somewhere...or even on your own on the intarwebmotrons somehow. Whatever it takes to get me more awesome cH!

I don't really youtube much, so I can't really help out with this newest endeavor, but I suppose anything that'll bring more traffic this way can't hurt, right? I try to do what I can to send your video links around to my non-LRR-watching friends already though. Some of my poker group really, really liked the Poker before Dusk vid!
There are things in this world that I dislike. One of the things I dislike the most is a serious argument, well constructed, delivered by someone who makes themselves difficult to respect.
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 02 Mar 2009, 21:44

DmitriW wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:Dude, Green Ranger represent. You show me anybody whose good enough to play a half dagger half flute while wearing a helmet besides him and I'll show you a monkey that shits golden ballerinas.

Most epic Ranger ever was Tommy's Green Ranger. The shield, the dagger, the Zord...they were all so fucking awesome.
sure, until you realized the guy did Power Rangers YEARS after everyone else grew up and realized their careers were dead...Then he just became creepy.
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 02 Mar 2009, 21:45

I liked this one a great deal, especially the beard thing, and the anime bit.

After the end joke, I realized that Matt's hair looked really great throughout. Did you plan that special with some kind of sophisticated haircut dealie, or did you just luck into it?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 02 Mar 2009, 21:47

I really enjoyed the video. The virals idea was pretty good, but truth is, I am concerned.

The way I see it, only a few of those viral videos are proper youTube worthy virals. MyGirlfriendGames could be a standard youtube channel. MCKitKat could be the next KarenAlloy or LisaNova. What concerns me most though is that whole concept of the false identities. I just don't want LRR to become the center of some major controversy when people drop the bomb that these are all just a clever ruse to get people to one website.

Naturally, I won't say anything on YouTube (seeing as I rarely do comment on anything anyway) but I've voiced my concerns.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Left 4 Dead fans unite!

Postby Darkobra » 02 Mar 2009, 21:49

I just saw the Space Jump video. The contradiction of character between Morgan and Matt is hilarious. Now whenever I see a terrible Hunter in Left 4 Dead, I'm so telling him to "FUCKING SPACE JUMP!" Soon all of Left 4 Dead will be saying it!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 02 Mar 2009, 22:02

Philes wrote:Man, I love me some Commodore Hustle! I've been watching for a few years now

My brain just imploded.

On the topic of virals.
First, a breakdown of the videos.
mygirlfriendgames: seems most legit. At the same time, the banter between Jer and Tally makes it feel like a scripted LRR video. I liked this one instantly.
georgegordon111: Was good, but Graham didn't flail around enough after the skateboard. Morgan showing up and crotch-kicking kinda shattered it all, but was IMO the funniest part of the video.
matt(withnumbers): Didn't watch all of it. Bill feels like he's being too serious, but I haven't seen a whole lot of this kind of video, so I can't judge too well. Not likely to go viral, but may add some legitimacy to the experiment.
mckitkat: Sorry Kathleen, you look far too intelligent to be shaking your boobs to the internet. If you could recruit Kate or someone even younger(We're going for "I'm stupid and sixteen"), it might work.
thewolfcrier: FUNNIEST! VIDEO! EVER! I lost it harder watching James scream at the camera than I did watching Chustle and Unskippable just now. I can't even write about it with a straight face. If any of the videos have a chance, I would put my money on this one.
samus5959: Matt seems a little too good at Metroid, and Morgan seems a little fake. This would make a good LRR video, though.

Furthermore: on the commenting and watching. Not everyone should comment on every video! If there are six videos that all have the same 20 people commenting them, someone's going to catch on. Also, I can't stress this enough, don't favorite more than one, and no cross-references. No shouting "SPACE JUMP!!!" in Things on my Head, no favoriting GeorgeGordon and Kitkat. The crew is similar enough that too much crosstalk between the videos will blow the illusion.

Finally: you are all way too coherent for Youtube comments.

Step 1: no punctuation allowed. Except for exclamation marks. Lots of exclamation marks.
Step 2: either no caps or all caps. Touching the Shift key is forbidden, you must write your entire comment with the Capslock key either on or off.
Step 3: you know all of those internet spelling and grammar things you hate? Let me rephrase that: u no all doze nternetz speling nd gramer thing u haet? Yeah, use 'em.

One or two designated people should be allowed to break these rules, but everyone should abide to complete the illusion.

Oh, and I know it's dead, but Paul needs to insert a Rickroll in one of the "things on my head" videos.
curbee

Postby curbee » 02 Mar 2009, 22:13

Yukikaze wrote:Finally: you are all way too coherent for Youtube comments.

Step 1: no punctuation allowed. Except for exclamation marks. Lots of exclamation marks.
Step 2: either no caps or all caps. Touching the Shift key is forbidden, you must write your entire comment with the Capslock key either on or off.
Step 3: you know all of those internet spelling and grammar things you hate? Let me rephrase that: u no all doze nternetz speling nd gramer thing u haet? Yeah, use 'em.

Pro tip: Use the audio preview. If half of what you hear is intelligible, you're doing it wrong.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Mar 2009, 22:14

I just realized, Paul with a hamster on his head has the same viewcount as Kathleen. Am I the only one that finds this fascinating?

Also, do I detect a hint of a mustache forming on Paul? Or am I crazy? Or is it just the lighting?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
.Secret8znMan.

Postby .Secret8znMan. » 02 Mar 2009, 22:16

I have submitted submitted these wonderful viral videos onto Digg.

I made sure that I "spilled" everything incorrectly and with the intelligence of a 12 year old.

Here are the links, please do digg them so they can get to the front page. (hopefully)

http://digg.com/comedy/YOU_HAVE_SPACE_JUMP
http://digg.com/comedy/i_herd_u_liek_tits
http://digg.com/comedy/Must_Watch_YouTube_is_Stupid_and_so_are_its_users
http://digg.com/comedy/Epic_Nunchuck_Fail
http://digg.com/comedy/Girl_suxxors_at_Resident_Evil

Well, I've tried, if these are hindering our cause, I'll be glad to take these down.

But nonetheless, DIGG THESE PLEASE.
Last edited by .Secret8znMan. on 02 Mar 2009, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 02 Mar 2009, 22:17

Master Gunner wrote:Also, do I detect a hint of a mustache forming on Paul? Or am I crazy? Or is it just the lighting?

Probably just recorded at night, after shaved hair had a chance to grow in a bit.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 02 Mar 2009, 22:21

.Secret8znMan. wrote:But nonetheless, DIGG THESE PLEASE.

Don't DIGG all of them. As with favorites, everyone choose one video to favorite, and pretend the others don't exist to minimize crosstalk.

Crosstalk will get our cover blown!
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 02 Mar 2009, 22:23

Yukikaze wrote:Don't DIGG all of them. As with favorites, everyone choose one video to favorite, and pretend the others don't exist to minimize crosstalk.

Crosstalk will get our cover blown!

Listen to this man. He has the words of wisdom.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
.Secret8znMan.

Postby .Secret8znMan. » 02 Mar 2009, 22:23

Oh crap! You are correct. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to submit all of these under one username.
Taawus

Postby Taawus » 02 Mar 2009, 22:25

Now, when the situation looks hopeless, im gonna yell: Not even spacejump could help you there !
Instant meme
Edit: I just got the two questions reference. 1.5 :D
Last edited by Taawus on 02 Mar 2009, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
I dont suffer from insanity,i enjoy every minute of it.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 02 Mar 2009, 22:29

Unlucky wrote:Listen to this man. He has the words of wisdom.

In my family, when you pull a practical joke, you cover all your bases. I recall when my mom and I wanted to make my brother think we'd messed with one of his wind-up keychains, we spent fifteen minutes at the store looking for a keychain that sounded the same and had the same paint job as the one we were replacing.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Mar 2009, 22:31

Watching Kathleen while "Still Alive" plays is...........well, it brings up all kinds of feelings.....I may need to finally talk to a psychologist now.....yeah....I suggest you all try it too.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Reversematt

Postby Reversematt » 02 Mar 2009, 23:44

Fucking hysterical. I'm really starting to look forward to Hustle every month. I mean, I'm always pleased when Monday rolls around, but it's getting to the point where when we get down to the last few days of the month, I start thinking "Ooh, new Hustle next week."
Loved the viral vids. Space Jump was great. Graham's testicular ruination great.
Loved Kathleen's giant floating head.

More Arthur B. Borington please.
Failing that, more fake british Jer.
www.aalgar.com - Transformer reviews, webcomics and the Sarcastic Voyage podcast
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 03 Mar 2009, 00:08

borington.com is not up anymore.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 Mar 2009, 00:27

Graham wrote: We require more Jameses.

Yes? At your service.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Mar 2009, 00:49

So, I submitted "Epic Nunchuk Fail" to break.com, and they main page'd it 4 hours later.

If nothing else, we get $200 out of that. So that's rad.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 Mar 2009, 01:11

Graham wrote:So, I submitted "Epic Nunchuk Fail" to break.com, and they main page'd it 4 hours later.

The the video on Break.com is shorter. Did you edit out the ball kick or did they?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
hanging_rope

Postby hanging_rope » 03 Mar 2009, 01:26

Has anyone noticed that there is a loading ready run youtube channel?
http://www.youtube.com/loadingreadyrun
Loading...Ready...Press play on tape...run...?syntax error
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 03 Mar 2009, 01:30

hanging_rope wrote:Has anyone noticed that there is a loading ready run youtube channel?
http://www.youtube.com/loadingreadyrun

I noticed!

-m

I am not angry at you.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 03 Mar 2009, 01:32

Yukikaze wrote:mckitkat: Sorry Kathleen, you look far too intelligent to be shaking your boobs to the internet. If you could recruit Kate or someone even younger(We're going for "I'm stupid and sixteen"), it might work.

Thanks.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Mar 2009, 01:42

Evil Jim wrote:
Graham wrote:So, I submitted "Epic Nunchuk Fail" to break.com, and they main page'd it 4 hours later.

The the video on Break.com is shorter. Did you edit out the ball kick or did they?

That was them. Don't know why.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”