commodoreHUSTLE 06 - Viral

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 03 Mar 2009, 02:03

Morgan is grinning the whole time during the space jump video, it makes it less believable. And yes, I realize Morgan can't not smile.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 03 Mar 2009, 02:46

Graham wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:
Graham wrote:So, I submitted "Epic Nunchuk Fail" to break.com, and they main page'd it 4 hours later.

The the video on Break.com is shorter. Did you edit out the ball kick or did they?

That was them. Don't know why.

Ball kick makes it look WAY too scripted. Everything up until then is gold, then the ballkick comes in. NOBODY would do that pretty much. :P That, and Graham shoulda screamed REAL loudly at that one IMO. Double groin punch pretty much?

:shock:
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 03 Mar 2009, 02:57

I feel unclean making average YouTube comments. *shudder* blech. I'm replying to people in all caps and speeeeling badly. I'm not qualifying my arguments. I'm being a fanboy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16656_p2.html

Use the brainwashing guide to help you write comments... and the Audio preview.

tips:
*Don't subscribe to all of the channels (in fact, subscribing to one would be more than sufficient.)
*Be douchebags
*Emulate other youtube users

I'm going with thingsonmyhead and nunchucks for viralizing, with i herd u liek tits as a backup.

Let us know when it's safe to /b/ the videos.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 03 Mar 2009, 03:16

I posted this on cHustle.com, but I will here too, just in case.

LRR Crew, forgive me if I'm out of line on this one.

You know… I think some people don’t realize that making grammatically correct comments that are just obvious references to cHustle episodes and LRR videos, does not only not help, but is also very risky. Somehow, it would make sense to me that when they say, “Keep it a secret,” they also mean to NOT openly risk having someone figure it out when you mention Three PS3s or the Reinhardt Skip, just so that you can feel witty at making an obvious joke that no one else in the comments got. That no one got YET, anyways. x.o

Seriously, guys, be more careful or you’re going to ruin their whole experiment here. “lol cool vid,” is still a lot more effective than any of that.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 03 Mar 2009, 03:29

You should post some as video responses to the more popular videos that may be slightly related.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Mar 2009, 04:08

I really want to touch Matt's hair now.

But on another more serious note I think the exchanges between Matt and Graham have really imroved since Laundry as has the amount of storylines in each video.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 03 Mar 2009, 04:10

As I suggested on the cH site, why not pick a couple and DIGG it? this would get some attention if not alot of attention, and maybe even the "slashdot effect" and there you go, done and done(r).
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 03 Mar 2009, 04:11

Kathleen wrote:This sort of thing doesn't come naturally to me. But feel free to make fun of me for betraying the feminist cause. It can always be argued that I was trying to be ironic.

Hey, as long as you're cool with it! I mean, you wouldn't have agreed to do that specific one if you weren't going to be rolling with all the potentially rude and icky things that real YouTube people would be saying as well as the LRR-plants.

Trisha Lynn
...right...?
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 03 Mar 2009, 04:13

The one issue with Kathleen's viral is the lack of boob flesh.

True, that does make it seem more ironic, but you'd definitely get more hits for, say, a bikini or some other more revealing garment.

If the most action is occuring in the arms, you're doing it wrong.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 03 Mar 2009, 04:44

I'm definitely not the first to say this but,

WOOOOOOO NAKED GRAHAM!

Yeah.

I'm not gay.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 03 Mar 2009, 04:52

Oxford wrote:WOOOOOOO NAKED GRAHAM!

Yeah.

I'm not gay.

Lol, obviously I'm not either 'cos I don't even remember that. When the deuce was he naked?
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 03 Mar 2009, 04:59

Shower scene.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 03 Mar 2009, 05:05

Kdz wrote:Shower scene.

After the first time Matt says "Youtube".
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 03 Mar 2009, 05:09

I fail to see how acting like a douche bag in the youtube comments gives the experiment 'authenticity.' Why don't you guys just try not commenting?
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 03 Mar 2009, 05:38

Cake wrote:I fail to see how acting like a douche bag in the youtube comments gives the experiment 'authenticity.' Why don't you guys just try not commenting?
If it's highly commented it's liable to be perceived as more popular.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 03 Mar 2009, 06:20

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Cake wrote:I fail to see how acting like a douche bag in the youtube comments gives the experiment 'authenticity.' Why don't you guys just try not commenting?
If it's highly commented it's liable to be perceived as more popular.

Also, Graham and Matt asked us too. :)
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 03 Mar 2009, 06:31

The video was great. It just cracks me up that guys would sit outside a mall for games that haven't been released yet. I'm anxiously awaiting Diablo 3 so I can relate. I'm in a hurry or I would expound on favorite scenes further.

Graham wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:
Graham wrote:So, I submitted "Epic Nunchuk Fail" to break.com, and they main page'd it 4 hours later.

The the video on Break.com is shorter. Did you edit out the ball kick or did they?

That was them. Don't know why.

Assuming the ballkick part is what made it seem especially fake, that seems to imply they knew it was fake, but it's still funny enough to warrant a front page post. Kudos! 34,698 views on Break.com. I don't know if it counts as "viral," but if it hits 50,000 then you've got quite a base set up.

I loved SPACE JUMP! I think it would've been more effective with something contemporary like Halo or GTA, but it's still hilarious. Props to Morgan and Matt.

Can I ask how this is all going to work? It feels to me a little like a "Step 1 collect underpants, step 2 ..., Step 3 profit!" situation.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 03 Mar 2009, 06:50

The ball kick seemed the most real to me. I bet Morgan ad libed it.
RytelCSF

Postby RytelCSF » 03 Mar 2009, 06:52

ecocd wrote:Can I ask how this is all going to work? It feels to me a little like a "Step 1 collect underpants, step 2 ..., Step 3 profit!" situation.

Step 2 is obviously Space Jump, but Matt doesn't know how to use it, so there you go.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Mar 2009, 07:09

RE: Video Responses

From what I've seen, video responses can take many forms on youtube, but the most common ones I have seen are just doing the same thing by a different person. I think that it may be a good idea to wait a bit, have LRR post a few more virals, and then people can make one or two video "responses" (ie rip-offs) for some of them, and that may make it more authentic.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 03 Mar 2009, 07:31

Kate! wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:mckitkat: Sorry Kathleen, you look far too intelligent to be shaking your boobs to the internet. If you could recruit Kate or someone even younger(We're going for "I'm stupid and sixteen"), it might work.

Thanks.

You don't have to be stupid and sixteen if you can pull it off. Kathleen can't pull it off. Honestly, I'm not sure you could either(which is why I didn't stop there), but you're closer than Kathleen simply by merit of being younger.

(Yeah, there's no way I'm gonna get out of this one.)
Last edited by Yukikaze on 03 Mar 2009, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
Zack

Postby Zack » 03 Mar 2009, 07:32

Wow, the first page of comments on Break.com for the nunchuck vid is about mexican jokes... :lol:

I'm glad they cut the ball kick out. I agree that it made the whole thing less realistic; it just wouldn't happen. If you guys can put up an edited version on YouTube (which I would highly recommend) and take down the old one, then I think you will get lots of success.

~Zack
Kdz

Postby Kdz » 03 Mar 2009, 07:40

To all who are not fans of Morgan's Revenge (as I call it):

Clearly, none of your friends are dicks.

I've seen this kind of thing happen. Still, I'm glad it was cut, because I thought it looked exceedingly fake. Didn't even look like he made good contact.
Foyghost

C Hustle( BEST EVER)

Postby Foyghost » 03 Mar 2009, 07:55

my wife and I could not stop laphing which is not good because we were watching it in the middle of a restrant
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 Mar 2009, 07:58

We have a traitor in our midst. At the break.com nunchuck jousting video...

awsomewhiteshark wrote:sorry to say this but this is truly fake. It was preplanned to see who can get the most hits on other video sites. http://loadingreadyrun.com/vid at 16:00.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”