commodoreHUSTLE 06 - Viral

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 02 Mar 2009, 19:11

Kevco wrote:Ok, back to discussion on the sweet video.

So, I notice that Graham was the only one without a leather, striped jacket in the opening. Does that mean he's the leader of the team, or , probably this option, he's still trying to get milage out of the jacket from the Rapstar finale?

those jackets were all nylon windbreakers, btw. about af far from leather as humanly possible.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 02 Mar 2009, 19:13

Darth Hobo wrote:We just might have started something, an age where people post stupid things to the internet for the sole purpose of them going viral. The end is near...

Wait... this hasn't already happened? Seriously, I don't think LRR is bringing anything ultranew to the table here.
CaptainFish

Postby CaptainFish » 02 Mar 2009, 19:16

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned that borington.com exists and is awesome.

Great vids guys!

The space jump one is particularly funny 'cause it seems like Morgan is genuinely pissed. (Seeing that he played Metroid 3 during Desert Bus 2, he must know that game backwards and forwards)
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 02 Mar 2009, 19:17

You have recieved many awards, been given countless compliments, but understand this: tonight you took on 'Sharks in Venice' and were more entertaining. [Emperor Gum removes his hat, and bows very deeply]
Iron_Girl

Postby Iron_Girl » 02 Mar 2009, 19:19

I have donated my facebook status and Twitter for the viral video cause. I just hope it works.
Also the opening for the commodoreHustle was amazing, along with the whole episode.
Viral videos were good too.
Sauter

Postby Sauter » 02 Mar 2009, 19:30

diablo 3 and starcraft 2! ah, it made me so happy that they were mentioned. mostly diablo 3.
Kag

Postby Kag » 02 Mar 2009, 19:32

CaptainFish wrote:I'm suprised that no one has mentioned that borington.com exists and is awesome.
Phone book podcast is the best podcast ever.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 02 Mar 2009, 19:45

I'm guessing most people realized this before I did, but excessive amounts of alcohol make it much easier for one to make "normal" youtube comments.

Although I'm still a little afraid of the "I said WHAT about a LRR crew member!?" hangover, I'm going to try to sell these as best I can.
Simsar

Postby Simsar » 02 Mar 2009, 19:58

I just reged because I got hooked on you guys over the weekend.

This episode isn't as cool, but the FLCL joke caused me to injure my nostrels with the soda I was drinking.

The top two viral videos with a high chance of success on Youtube is Graham getting hit in the nuts by the Nunchaku and Matt getting yelled out for not fucking Space Jumping. I swear that should be a catch phrase.

I'm still loling over that video.
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 02 Mar 2009, 19:58

I think the idea to just straight copy other stupid Youtube comments from other videos is genius. It goes hand in hand with creating viral videos on purpose that draw on previous ones.

By copying the comments, you further the illusion, but also futher the tie back to previous videos. Like a movie quote in a movie!
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 02 Mar 2009, 19:58

Borington's site is so boring that it crashes firefox everytime.

I LOVED the video, all of it, the promo had me thinking: wtf? but I burst out laughing when James came out looking like a 80's hero and Paul explaining.

I subscribed, watched and passed on to my friends the virals.

Paul looks really, REALLY creepy in those videos.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 02 Mar 2009, 20:09

Kevco wrote:Coolness. Too Much Coolness.

Is the Runners website still happening? I'm not pushing, nagging, or rushing, or anything like that, I'm just asking.

I was wondering that too
i remember a promise of next week but i guess its gonna be a next month

but i dont mind
take your time and make it awesome!
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 02 Mar 2009, 20:17

Oh, and the episode was top notch again, but you already knew that. Also I spotted your borington ustream broadcast on your LRR account about a week ago. Didn't know what it meant, though. Also, there's youtube comments limits? Huh.
CaptainFish

Postby CaptainFish » 02 Mar 2009, 20:19

Also I loved how the intro played out like a Might Morphin' Power Rangers Episode, and just like in real life* 4 out of 5 members shotgunned Red Ranger.

*We've all done the "what if we were the power rangers" thing, right?
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 02 Mar 2009, 20:25

Dude, Green Ranger represent. You show me anybody whose good enough to play a half dagger half flute while wearing a helmet besides him and I'll show you a monkey that shits golden ballerinas.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 02 Mar 2009, 20:31

Nevrmore wrote:Dude, Green Ranger represent. You show me anybody whose good enough to play a half dagger half flute while wearing a helmet besides him and I'll show you a monkey that shits golden ballerinas.

Most epic Ranger ever was Tommy's Green Ranger. The shield, the dagger, the Zord...they were all so fucking awesome.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 02 Mar 2009, 20:39

To further worry Jer about comming off as a Nazi in video... ^_^

Does anyone else find it sounds like he says "Jews!" as we walks away from Adam and James?
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 02 Mar 2009, 20:40

Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 02 Mar 2009, 20:41

Matt wrote:please, everyone share these videos.

commenting is great. sending them to friends (and telling those friends they're real) is better.

Also recommend: Favouriting SOME, not all, just one or two (So people don't automatically see they're linked) with other random ones thrown in. This way your friends\subscribers get to see what you've favourited and see as well.

Same deal with subscriptions too.

Also, I've been adding retarded comments under both my accounts, again as to not draw suspicion. That nunchuck one looks bloody real\painful. :P "JUST FUCKING SPACE JUMP" also needs to be a meme.

NOW. :P

Can we please have permission to raid /b/ with this? :)
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Mar 2009, 20:52

Kathleen's is currently in the lead, for obvious reasons. And I in absolutely no way contributed to that. Yep.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 02 Mar 2009, 21:06

Only Graham can pull off such an epic and convincing nut-shot like that. I read every comment there and I think we can all agree that YouTube is filled with the collective idiots of the world.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
kramerr

This is crazy.

Postby kramerr » 02 Mar 2009, 21:29

My mind has just been blown trying to figure out how to explain what I just saw. commodoreHUSTLE is scripted acting, then in the script of CH you wrote scripts and acted them, then following the script of CH you put the videos on youtube. But the videos actually are on youtube, which means that LRR has twisted reality to the point that scripts written in a script appear to be real to some people, and at the same time the skit which produced them appears to have been real. You've just divided the internet by zero.
I'm the best
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 02 Mar 2009, 21:33

Yaxley wrote:Although I'm still a little afraid of the "I said WHAT about a LRR crew member!?" hangover, I'm going to try to sell these as best I can.

I feel the same way, because I think I could totally do a feminazi-like rant on Kathleen's video on Metachat.org, but I really don't want to come across as some evil fat tart who's jealous of someone skinnier than I am (which Kathleen is).

I mean, she's not even shaking them well, and there's far too little cleavage...

Trisha Lynn
...see what I mean...?
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 02 Mar 2009, 21:34

King Kool wrote:Awesome as always, but was Ben playing Derek in the WoD scene? He's not credited. (Tally doesn't seem to be credited, either)

I think Kathleen's vid is the best, since it's somehow so very neutral. It's not erotic, it's not non-erotic, it's just sort of there.

YES. In my ideal world, everyone who watches it says, "man, I'm not turned on at all. But I do feel very, very awkward."
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 02 Mar 2009, 21:42

Trisha Lynn wrote:
Yaxley wrote:Although I'm still a little afraid of the "I said WHAT about a LRR crew member!?" hangover, I'm going to try to sell these as best I can.

I feel the same way, because I think I could totally do a feminazi-like rant on Kathleen's video on Metachat.org, but I really don't want to come across as some evil fat tart who's jealous of someone skinnier than I am (which Kathleen is).

I mean, she's not even shaking them well, and there's far too little cleavage...

Trisha Lynn
...see what I mean...?

This sort of thing doesn't come naturally to me. But feel free to make fun of me for betraying the feminist cause. It can always be argued that I was trying to be ironic.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”