commodoreHUSTLE 07 - Fallout

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 10 Apr 2009, 05:46

Yes, it was actually on The Tonight Show. By waiver, they mean that Graham had to sign a form giving The Tonight Show permission to use the clip and his likeness. He even read what the form said in one of the podcasts, although I don't recall which one.
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 10 Apr 2009, 06:41

Ollie, don'tcha know! wrote:Sarcasm...waivers?

A waiver is a legal document that one person signs to officially say they do not hold another person legally responsible for whatever is detailed in the waiver(more or less, I could be slightly off, but I think that's the jist of it).

I say this absent of sarcasm: Epic nunchuk fail was on the tonight show. It was apparently followed by a clip of some epic nunchuk win.
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 10 Apr 2009, 07:24

Septavius wrote:[\I say this absent of sarcasm: Epic nunchuk fail was on the tonight show. It was apparently followed by a clip of some epic nunchuk win.

Actually the nunchuk win was shown first, and Epic Nunchuk Fail was shown last.
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 10 Apr 2009, 09:22

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
The Lump wrote:I really must ask. Is there some kind of limit to the total amount of beard allowed in the loading ready run cast? I know Paul shaved for Desert Bus 2 but why hasn't he grown it back? limit((beards)/(cast members))=1/8
I've actually noticed that this seems to be the case with a lot of male social groups, when one shaves their beard another gains more.

I've no idea why it occurs, but there's certainly an odd correlation.

Then again, correlation does not imply causality.

I remember shaving my goatee for a change. The next day, EVERYONE shaved their facial hair. Even the female singers of my band.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 10 Apr 2009, 13:39

Yaxley wrote:Yes, it was actually on The Tonight Show. By waiver, they mean that Graham had to sign a form giving The Tonight Show permission to use the clip and his likeness. He even read what the form said in one of the podcasts, although I don't recall which one.
Well, if one were curious, one could look it up.

At any rate, the waiver said the undersigned acknowledged that their video may be cast in a negative light, be treated differently from other videos, et cetera, et cetera. Leno could take the piss out of any video, say whatever he liked about it, or even lie about its context if he felt like it. TL;DR: comedians can do what they like on their comedy shows without having a chat with Mr. Stark's lawyer.
Telekenesis

Postby Telekenesis » 11 Apr 2009, 12:43

I haven't read any other posts in this thread except for the first page.. But in the video it says the view count is 120,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSbT1RycDY4

Try 1,100,000.
Graham wrote:Clearly I'm dancing like a ninny intentionally.

Graham wrote:It's a lot of phun.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 11 Apr 2009, 12:47

Telekenesis wrote:I haven't read any other posts in this thread except for the first page.. But in the video it says the view count is 120,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSbT1RycDY4

Try 1,100,000.

The official original posting is about 130,000. The failblog ripoff has over a million, as you've pointed out.

There are also hundreds of thousands of views tied up in Break.com, ebaumsworld, MySpace, and a handful of other places where people uploaded it. So overall, it's easily over two million, and may be nearer to three million. Especially when you factor in the viewership of the Tonight Show. But that's all too hard to count.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Apr 2009, 13:34

The tonight show's viewership is typically ~4.5million.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Apr 2009, 13:55

Well then.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 11 Apr 2009, 19:27

I never understood what the purpose was to ripping a video FROM YOUTUBE and re-uploading it TO YOUTUBE. Are people really so obsessed with e-peen that they get something out of someone else's content getting views on their account?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Apr 2009, 19:39

Yes.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 11 Apr 2009, 23:41

The handy thing about ENF is that the entire point was to dissociate it from its original source; the Youtube/Break/other miscellaneous video site dramatics take the idea of a viral video to a logical, elegant extreme.

Fortunately, Leno's people were at least clever enough to track down the original video and the people behind it. They did, of course, stop there, but hey. It's Jay Leno, not Anderson Cooper.

Or Jon Stewart. He would have sussed it out. I mean seriously. I googled "Graham Stark online video" just now. It's that easy.

Incidentally, I found this. It's a positively glowing review of Unskippable and what it stands for. Thought people might be curious.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 12 Apr 2009, 00:17

I like how in the review the budget is stated as medium. In the world of internet comedy does the cost of renting more than a few video games put you into the medium budget range.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 12 Apr 2009, 12:27

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I've actually noticed that this seems to be the case with a lot of male social groups, when one shaves their beard another gains more.

I know what you mean: despite really wanting to grow a beard, my brother put it off for two years, because the other singer/guitarist in his band had one. When they broke up, INSTANT BEARD! As if too much or too little beardage at one time might cause spontaneous combustion.

Although all my attempts at a beard look truly awful, so I shouldn't really be criticising other people's.
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 12 Apr 2009, 18:07

Something I just noticed: When Tally and Kathleen are talking about their gaming and relationship issues, the way Tally ask "Resident Evil?" coupled with the look on her face is near perfect barely concealed rage. Her face gets all tense, she pulls her lips back a bit, she wrinkles her brow. It's very effective.

Some might even say super effective!

Okay, I apologize about that one.
Dr Evil42

Postby Dr Evil42 » 12 Apr 2009, 18:34

HA! Super Effective. I am using that in normal conversation now. Thanks.
Plus the video was hilarious. Especially when Graham is whimpering to Kathleen about how he wants to play Fallout 3's new Pit level while she wants to play Persona 4.
PS: Retrieve Arms from Safe
Problem Sleuth
Solveig

Postby Solveig » 12 Apr 2009, 20:30

Excellent Episode as always guys. Im enjoying the series more and more.

"I have become death, destroyer of balls". I choked on my easter egg laughing when I heard that.

Also, I youtubed nunchuck jousting. you guys have alot of free time on your hands, don't you. o_O
Death Succeeds over everything, even love, this is why we fight...
Kdz

Postby Kdz » 12 Apr 2009, 21:29

So much freetime they run a website that produces at least one new comedy video a week. And usually a podcast a week. And the various other ancillaries.
Solveig

Postby Solveig » 12 Apr 2009, 22:04

Kdz wrote:So much freetime they run a website that produces at least one new comedy video a week. And usually a podcast a week. And the various other ancillaries.

Ahh, Touché. One would assume though that they all have a job of some sort, otherwise how would they pay the bills? or better yet, for their games?
Kdz

Postby Kdz » 12 Apr 2009, 23:36

It is my understanding that they have jobs. At least most of them. And I think some of them are still in school?

This is the part where it goes out of my league.

But, yeah, they're busy people.
Solveig

Postby Solveig » 12 Apr 2009, 23:47

Kdz wrote:So much freetime they run a website that produces at least one new comedy video a week.

I wasn't having a go at them, if thats what you think I was doing :S
Kdz

Postby Kdz » 12 Apr 2009, 23:50

No sarcasm, at least not much. I don't know. I try not to get too much information on their personal lives. Seems a bit creepy.

I just know they're busy, and I often wonder how it all gets done. I could barely manage work and school at the same time, so what gets done is quite impressive to me.
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 12 Apr 2009, 23:54

Matt works for ICBC, James installs blinds, Morgan is a bum, Kathleen works for a pipeline company, Paul is a web designer, Jer is taking a term off school to work, Graham is devoting most of his time to the site and I can not remember what Bill does when he is not playing wow or dota. I remember that he used to work in one of the UVic cafeterias.

Matt, Kathleen and Paul have all completed their schooling. Jer close to finishing his degree. Graham has practically drop out of university (I joked once that Kate will finish her degree before Graham does even though Graham is six years older.) and I am unsure of where Bill and Morgan are in their education I know that they both taken classes.

This information is may be out of date and hopeful is information that the crew is comfortable having in the open. Most of this information has been in a podcast or on the crews personal blogs.

They are all busy people working going to school and doing what ever it is that makes LRR awesome. Except for Morgan who is a lazy wanker.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Apr 2009, 05:00

I'm enrolled in summer studies, thanks. :P
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 13 Apr 2009, 08:04

Good to hear that you are back at school.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”