commodoreHUSTLE 07 - Fallout

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 15 Apr 2009, 11:30

One thing that I've being meaning to bring this up for a while now: I'm pretty sure a ball-kicking robot would be a problem that could be solved by a second ball-kicking robot, with additional defense/offense mechanisms.

Thereby leading to a ball-kick-robot arms race, which would be awesome.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 15 Apr 2009, 17:21

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I remember seeing the Mortal Kombat and Power Rangers movies as they came out.

Recently I've realised the biggest negative to having seen Red Dwarf: Back to Earth is that, in ten years, I'll remember seeing the series on TV, owning the series on DVD, and seeing the reunion special on TV.

That will make me feel oooooold.

Speaking of, Chris Barrie (Rimmer) has aged so much! Cat still maintains his sexiness, Lister has aged slightly but barely noticable and Kryten... Well... He's Kryten. It's quite incredible after watching every episode and the specials way back then, such as Can't Smeg, Won't Smeg (fucking hilarious) and then seeing the way they are now. It makes me want MORE Red Dwarf, though. I know it's not gonna happen but I loved that series!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 15 Apr 2009, 19:44

foxtrot_MGS wrote:At one point I found myself in some dirty subway shooting up jet. That's when I realized I hit rock bottom. I've been slowing recovering in rehab with a combination of Killzone and Bad Company. I still get cravings though

I always thought that jet was an inhalant...
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 15 Apr 2009, 20:00

Septavius wrote:
foxtrot_MGS wrote:At one point I found myself in some dirty subway shooting up jet. That's when I realized I hit rock bottom. I've been slowing recovering in rehab with a combination of Killzone and Bad Company. I still get cravings though

I always thought that jet was an inhalant...

It is, but I think that's how it's referred to. Snowflake, the ghoul barber in Underworld says this if I remember right.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Apr 2009, 20:51

Also, just from how it looks, Jet is definitely an inhalant.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Apr 2009, 07:34

It's made from dung fumes, and taken by an inhaler, so it's definitely an inhalant, like marijuana.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Septavius

Postby Septavius » 16 Apr 2009, 08:01

Now that we have confirmed that: I believe "shooting up" really only refers to things delivered by hypodermic needle.

Granted, I'm not very street, so I couldn't be entirely sure.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Apr 2009, 08:43

"Shooting up" as an extended metaphor could also refer simply to "getting high" in general.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 16 Apr 2009, 08:48

not usually.

Shooting up usually refers to injected drugs. A "shot," as it were. There are more appropriate terms for other methods of putting drugs into your body. I won't list them here.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 16 Apr 2009, 11:01

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone "shooting up" weed.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 16 Apr 2009, 11:15

Graham wrote:Yeah, I've never heard of anyone "shooting up" weed.

Clearly, you're missing out on something, there.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Apr 2009, 11:35

Well we're talking about an irradiated apocalyptic world, chances are slang would be different to present day.
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 16 Apr 2009, 14:23

Feh. They just haven't found needles that are big enough. Though that would really hurt. I suppose you could figure out a way to leech the THC into some sort of solution and shoot that up....

Dammit! Now I have to go through class tonight trying to figure out how one would shoot up weed! I blame you, Stark!

Also, am I the only one reminded of the Chevy Chase SNL skit involving a guy trying to shoot up weed by sticking a joint in his arm?
Septavius

Postby Septavius » 16 Apr 2009, 19:51

You know honestly, if you talked to an organic chemist, I bet they could help you figure out a way to isolate THC and make an injectible fluid out of it.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Apr 2009, 11:34

I do not imagine it would be that difficult, at least, not moreso than isolating any other substance from an organic compound. I do imagine it would be a mite dangerous though.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Mr. Chupon

Postby Mr. Chupon » 17 Apr 2009, 22:03

Sadly, I have. Although, I think it's probable the person who said it was so high at the time that they began to jumble up their favorite drugs and methods of delivery.

Incidentally, this person also liked combining intake of marijuana with other activities. Legends say this individual was once responsible for a weed-based soup broth. I can only wonder if this was a portent of one's accomplishing the matter at-hand.
Ultros: "I lose AGAIN! Well, today I've brought a pal! Mr. Chupon, come on down!"

Chupon: "Fungahhh!"
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 17 Apr 2009, 22:55

Ultros was not a stoner stop ruining my childhood
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 18 Apr 2009, 07:17

Septavius wrote:You know honestly, if you talked to an organic chemist, I bet they could help you figure out a way to isolate THC and make an injectible fluid out of it.

Such as putting weed in grain alcohol(THC is alcohold soluable), straining through a cheese cloth, and then boiling the alcohol off?

Then again, I read that on the Internet, so take it as you may.

But the soup story is entirely possible, as I know THC is soluable in fat. One of my friends made weed butter once.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 18 Apr 2009, 07:56

Kdz wrote:
Septavius wrote:You know honestly, if you talked to an organic chemist, I bet they could help you figure out a way to isolate THC and make an injectible fluid out of it.

Such as putting weed in grain alcohol(THC is alcohold soluable), straining through a cheese cloth, and then boiling the alcohol off?

But the soup story is entirely possible, as I know THC is soluable in fat. One of my friends made weed butter once.

He must be a wizard
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Apr 2009, 08:12

Considering I was considering a hypothetical extension of a slang term via metaphor...this has gotten way more in depth than I expected.
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 18 Apr 2009, 08:51

Cybren wrote:
Kdz wrote:

He must be a wizard

In my experience, most stoners are a combination of wizard and MacGyver. They would be the most power beings on this planet if they were motivated enough to apply their talents to something other than getting stoned.
_ArK_

Postby _ArK_ » 20 Apr 2009, 15:53

Anybody realize we haven't had a "There's a video in that" joke lately in cHustle?
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Apr 2009, 15:57

_ArK_ wrote:Anybody realize we haven't had a "There's a video in that" joke lately in cHustle?

Maybe there's a video in that?
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 21 Apr 2009, 17:51

I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to point this out, but has anyone noticed how much more...uhh...endearing than other videos? I don't know if it has to do with the fact that the characters are supposed to be somehow related to the real cast or just the type of jokes that go on, but I just enjoy watching these videos more than the others (not necessarily funnier, just more fun to watch). Does this hold true for anyone else or am I just weird?
Well, hallo there.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 22 Apr 2009, 02:19

Chfan wrote:I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to point this out, but has anyone noticed how much more...uhh...endearing than other videos? I don't know if it has to do with the fact that the characters are supposed to be somehow related to the real cast or just the type of jokes that go on, but I just enjoy watching these videos more than the others (not necessarily funnier, just more fun to watch). Does this hold true for anyone else or am I just weird?

They certainly have more depth than the other characters in videos, which are usually purely created for comedic effect. Similar to H*R et all, I almost always enjoy LRR videos, even if I sometimes don't find them funny. I guess that's the LRRcrew's winning personalities shining through. ROFL.

EDIT: and welcome to the forums. You've made a terrible, terrible, mistake.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”