commodoreHUSTLE 08 - Investigation

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Rosco-128
First Video: ArMEGAddon

Re: commodoreHUSTLE 08 - Investigation

Postby Rosco-128 » 04 May 2009, 17:10

One of my favorite cHustles so far!

Is this a sign that LoadingReadyRunners.com is going to open soon? Definatly going to have to listen to the podcast for this one.
Ergo
First Video: Pimp My Chair

Postby Ergo » 04 May 2009, 17:13

Oh wow, that was totally epic. :o The pacing was kept really consistent considering the video's length; really well structured, great flow with lots of variety.

Highlight of highlights: HOOOLY GOD, the Dragon's Lair RE5 Laserdisc bit... I had to wipe away tears I was laughing so hard. Absolutely brilliant. :lol:

So many great jokes. :D So much commitment to the cause by Matt & James. :P

Well that vid brightened up my Monday morning considerably. So awesome. :D
Last edited by Ergo on 04 May 2009, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
Iron_Girl

Postby Iron_Girl » 04 May 2009, 17:18

Wow...that episode was amazing and very entertaining. I loved Brad's inner monologue. It reminded me of Rorshach's inner monologue.

James nightmares entertained me and somewhat disturbed me. Though the part where Matt and James were in bed together made me think of the t-shirt ad before Watchmen Watching.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 04 May 2009, 17:25

iamafish wrote:a few too many poop jokes, although they were a bit cleverer than the usual crap you get
HA.
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 04 May 2009, 17:27

It's been a while since I made a list. Here we go (be warned, this is gonna be a long, and most likely pointless, one):
-LRRunners! That coming soon page is still bookmarked!
-Gritty Metaphors For Beginners by Samuel Maxwell: a good read.
-Brad that was positively awesome. You pull off the Rorschach attitude very well, like an epileptic monkey at a convention for the easily amused (yeah I rally need to get that book).
-2:42 Self deliberation? Personal contemplation? Auto-assessment? I have a list, if you'd like.
-Thanks for the new expansion vocabulary!
-4:15 followed by 15:10 Fast trip?
-4:38 Wasn't this clarified in the worst Homosexual? I'm confused! The part of me that loves LRR is contrasting with the part that loves to blindly follow internet rumors! ARGH!
-6:13 Well thanks. That eliminated any debates over sleeping or not, which leaves me...more time to contemplate how disturbed that made me.
-6:40 Arrr, matey. Yer jokes seem to have gone off the poop deck!(Sad fact, that's the second time I said poop deck with a pirate accent on a forum TODAY. I need a cold shower.)
-7:14 I don't know what to laugh at! Joke overload! Not to mention the mental images...
-8:07 Tim, I see you appear to be growing a very odd (in a good way) beard. Or are you a werewolf, perchance?
-8:13 You make that sound like a bad thing, comrade!
-9:13 That really cracked me up.
-10:04 R? My favorite letter...immortalised (probably the wrong word) in poo!
-Nicely done Woody! Your entrance into the cH world was a good, albeit douchey, one.
-Yay curry. Aw but now I'm hungry. Well, off to Dadima's.
-12:00 I've done this before. The reaction was a bit different, though.
-The internet will always believe the worst of anything. Standard procedure.
-"We're all living in the past, just I'm looking to the future!", "Shut up! That's what Mr. Balls-ma-tron is for!" Oh Paul, you quote machine, you!
-That game looks awesome, and the trumpets give me a warm feeling of self gratification. A true masterpiece. 10*10∞/10!
-17:32 As a man with a respectable collection of silly hats himself, I ogle your fedora fondly. I use silly as a synonym for awesome.
-18:39 I'm sure someone has thought one up already...somewhere...

Great vid in summary. I much prefer the onslaught of light and simple comedy after a long day. I eagerly await the next cH.

Also, for anyone who read up to this point, I admire your determination, but question "why?". As a reward, you shall receive a voucher redeemable for one virtual cookie. Good day!
Last edited by Over-analytical Nerd on 05 May 2009, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 04 May 2009, 17:36

Yes, it's a playoff beard. Go Canucks Go!

And I don't think it's "odd"... :(

Since I have blonde hair, beards tend to look a little strange. My beards are always very bottom heavy; I get thin patches connecting my beard and moustache, and it's really thin on my cheeks, but under my chin it's super thick and bristly.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 04 May 2009, 17:50

Tim wrote:Yes, it's a playoff beard. Go Canucks Go!

And I don't think it's "odd"... :(

Since I have blonde hair, beards tend to look a little strange. My beards are always very bottom heavy; I get thin patches connecting my beard and moustache, and it's really thin on my cheeks, but under my chin it's super thick and bristly.

Please don't take it the wrong way. Odd is a good thing when it comes to facial hair. Otherwise, what would be the fun of it?

For that matter, I'm also supporting the Canucks. As long as it's Canada (Note that I do not include Toronto in this. I can't get behind my teams rivals, and the spelling failure doesn't help.)
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 04 May 2009, 17:59

Seriously, the best CH yet. I keep watching it, and I keep laughing, and it's not the poop jokes are doing it! It's like, there are so many other jokes that the poop is the normal part and everything ELSE is a joke! It's like the comedy world has been turned inside out!

Also,

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1706/mattnjames.jpg

I kind of want to post this, I kind of don't want to post this. IT IS MY DUTY, I'M AFRAID.

Also, Tim, don't worry. I always approve of facial hair. Facial hair is MANLY.
Space Jump

Postby Space Jump » 04 May 2009, 18:02

Wow. Definitely one of the best - if not THE best. "I pooped a Q!" Wonderful. And the red fedora? Brilliant.

Very impressed. These cHustles keep on getting better and better!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 May 2009, 18:11

At first I actually thought I heard "cube" instead of "Q", so it was more a look of sympathetic agony from me than sheer bewilderment.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Stroggo
First Video: Ways to make sombody leave a room

Postby Stroggo » 04 May 2009, 18:14

06:19 Onwards.... MY EYES DEAR GOD MY EYES

AIEEEEGGHH!!!
[6e6f:20:6d:61:74:74:65:72:20:77:68:65:72:65:20:79:6f:75:20:67:6f:20:65:76:65:72:
79:6f:6e:65:27:73:20:61:6c:77:61:79:73:20:63:6f:6e:6e:65:63:74:65:64]
lcakg631
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 04

Postby lcakg631 » 04 May 2009, 18:26

RE 5 on LaserDisc. -- Is the gameplay like Dragon's Lair?
plane

Postby plane » 04 May 2009, 18:39

You guys have to make the kissing remix BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE VIRALS OUT FROM UNDER YOU I wouldn't know who though.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 04 May 2009, 18:54

Great Hustle. Allow me to cast in my vote as well for the Graham's thinking place gag (I can only imagine it would progress to even more unusual places).

The Red Fedora reveal was brilliant, I expected the forth wall to be broken but more or less with Brad still being black and white when someone else in shot was in color, but the red fedora is more subtle and a better choice in my opinion.

The "alphabet poop" jokes made for a tremendous and hilarious exaggeration of actual conversations I've heard (which in real life aren't so funny).

Also at the end of the video I can't help but notice tht the LRR bus first seen at 18:09 (least I'm assuming that that bus is that bus) is enclosed in what appears to be chain link fence that sort of gives the impression of the LRR Bus as a pet in a cage. If this is indeed the LRR Bus I suggest running with that joke at some point (if not already).

Also while I'm looking at the screen in that scene, the "shopping cart" there appears to have a small flag on it. ??? Used in some obscure sport perhaps?
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Sauter

Postby Sauter » 04 May 2009, 18:57

Matt and James kissed! I'm telling everyone what they just watched! At 5:00, Brad holds a mild resemblance to Ben Affleck. The "door to the bathroom" bit was hilarious. Paul's reaction in it is, anyways.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 04 May 2009, 19:05

As much as I love the Canucks... Tim looks much better without the beard. Sorry.
Last edited by Tapir12 on 04 May 2009, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
goat

Postby goat » 04 May 2009, 19:23

Tapir12 wrote:As much as I love the Canucks... Time looks much better without the beard. Sorry.

QFT

Time must have a beard. How else could you... shave time?

eh? eh?

Seriously, though, any beard in support of hockey looks fucking fabulous.
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 04 May 2009, 19:25

First, I just want to say thank you to the LRR crew. I absolutely loved every part of this video, from the writing, to the references to earlier episodes and other videos, to the subtler bits like Morgan's "in the sink" comment or Adam's pee jars. This totally turned around an otherwise bad day, and though it might be presumptuous, I think that most people on here would probably say that they've had the something similar happen at some point. So thank you for continuing to make quality comedy such as this and sharing it with the rest of us.

Also...

Lyinginbedmon wrote:At first I actually thought I heard "cube" instead of "Q"...

Yeah, I heard that too. Wish I could say I haven't heard similar things to someone pooping a cube IRL, though.
Ask me about the Steve Flaig Experience.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 04 May 2009, 19:26

SECOND BEST EP EVARRRR
first still rules all

also, done and done
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
cacho

Postby cacho » 04 May 2009, 19:31

Awsome episode.

The hat color thing was the best part for me haha couldn't belive it was red the whole time.

but on a side note, Why did james and matt kiss? ahha that was just a little too much. I mean how do you do it? It takes balls to kiss a man . . .0_o ?
-_Guatemala Represent_-

www.warhammersupportsucks.com
...because you know it does.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 04 May 2009, 19:48

cacho wrote:It takes balls to kiss a man . . .0_o ?

I was under the impression that most of the time a lack of testicles was preferred. I could be mistaken.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 04 May 2009, 19:52

Sauter wrote:At 5:00, Brad holds a mild resemblance to Ben Affleck.

That thought had occured to me, too.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 04 May 2009, 20:00

Tim wrote:
cacho wrote:It takes balls to kiss a man . . .0_o ?

I was under the impression that most of the time a lack of testicles was preferred. I could be mistaken.

No no, I don't think that's how it works. I think that just makes you good at opera.
WallCat

Postby WallCat » 04 May 2009, 20:02

so. i just went back and rewatched the hustles. and in 06-viral, the part where they go to get james from waiting for starcraft 2 so they can plan viral videos, and graham and james are having the whole starcraft 'moment' and matt ruins it and james says 'god why do you ruin every perfect moment?' i just saw the images of them kissing and in bed and lauuughed so hard.....
~WallCat~
WallCat

Postby WallCat » 04 May 2009, 20:16

aaaand in seven when james goes 'you're in my house...WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE?!'
~WallCat~

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”