commodoreHUSTLE 08 - Investigation

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
gcninja

Re: commodoreHUSTLE 08 - Investigation

Postby gcninja » 05 May 2009, 08:52

Matt wrote:
Zivlok wrote:That was amazing. I'll have to watch it again a second time, and notarize everything I loved. Also, this video has been up for about 14 hours, and there isn't an avatar of Matt and James kissing yet? I'm disappointed.

if this happens, there will be a banning like no tomorrow.

-m

I refer you to gcnpgeek.com/mattjames.png
and my avatar

Thank you graham for noticing :P

Also, my gf now thinks you guys are gay and i think youve reached a new level of awesome
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 05 May 2009, 09:18

Thats. So. Wrong.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 05 May 2009, 09:26

Yea, the still frame isn't as funny as the clip. Now it just looks like a sweet embrace, and we all know its far from that.
I am going to go watch a Image
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 05 May 2009, 09:31

I'd really appreciate it if that avatar went away. I use this forum from work. a LOT.

that avatar causes problems.

-m
Last edited by Matt on 05 May 2009, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

I am not angry at you.
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 05 May 2009, 09:37

LoL

Hilarious as it is - and absolute props to Matt and James for going the distance for a GOOD joke - perhaps it might be wise to ease off it? Y'know, not making such a big deal about it?

Wouldn't want to scare 'em away from doing it again. 'Cause that would be sad. Very sad. I can see them sitting in the Moonbase discussing it: "You remember what happened the LAST time we did that??"

@Brad: I've tried my very hardest to believe you DID climb down that rope. The illusion is ruined. RUINED! Seriously, though, compliments to Graham: another example of his great editting skills, specifically throughout this episode.

... although I did notice the audio change in some of the splices. Some one would sound quiet or far away, and then loud. But I'm sure that can't really be helped.
=Burger, Fries, Chocolate Shake; Some one's mind I is about to take!=
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 05 May 2009, 09:37

better worse? not enough pink?

edit: fine... also i posted this before i saw those replies
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
DocHoladay

Postby DocHoladay » 05 May 2009, 10:13

Really well done guys. This was the one I laughed the hardest at. The red hat reminded me of a cowboy video I did in high school where The only thing I could find that looked like a revolver was a hot pink squirt gun. Good thing we shot it in sepia. Again really great guys!
The doctor is in.....sane....
Sarah
First Video: Sound Wars

Postby Sarah » 05 May 2009, 10:20

...Okay I just noticed the LRR hat on Samus. Cute. Does she usually wear that, or was it just for this scene?
StatMax

Postby StatMax » 05 May 2009, 10:41

notomtolose - heh, my avatar is the Avatar (and some companions) from Ultima V, the first RPG I played when I was a kid. On an Apple II (!), and it came with a real cloth map and all sorts of nerdy accoutrements. So I'm right there with you on the intense long-forgotten memories.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 05 May 2009, 10:50

Sarah wrote:...Okay I just noticed the LRR hat on Samus. Cute. Does she usually wear that, or was it just for this scene?

She always wears it.

-m

I am not angry at you.
arch4non
First Video: 3 ps3's

Postby arch4non » 05 May 2009, 11:47

Zivlok wrote:Dude, that was the point. The line was: "Name a single minority comedian that isn't hilarious!"
"Carlos Mencia."
"Oh... Name two."
"I got nothing."

I mean, this isn't verbatim, but the whole point was that they were making fun of George Lopez.

Oh, I misheard it. Good show then.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 05 May 2009, 11:58

FANSERVICE

ZOMG

BRB, MASSIV HAERT ATTACK

-ahem-

Kudos to Matt for a great job on that one. All in all, this was an excellent Hustle; I love seeing the little character details, like the wall-staring and the gritty metaphors book. I'm so glad the crew personas are getting their time to shine. And now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 May 2009, 12:12

arch4non wrote:
Zivlok wrote:Dude, that was the point. The line was: "Name a single minority comedian that isn't hilarious!"
"Carlos Mencia."
"Oh... Name two."
"I got nothing."

I mean, this isn't verbatim, but the whole point was that they were making fun of George Lopez.
Oh, I misheard it. Good show then.
We were really only making fun of Mencia, for honestly being the only minority comedian I can think of with no redeeming features.
At least Martin Lawrence was in Bad Boys 2.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 05 May 2009, 12:28

what about Russell Peters? all his jokes basically rely on making fun of racial stereotypes. although fairly amusing for a wile, it get very boring, very quickly.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 May 2009, 12:31

iamafish wrote:what about Russell Peters?

Graham wrote:We were really only making fun of Mencia, for honestly being the only minority comedian I can think of with no redeeming features.
Russel Peters is really funny though. Sure it can get old, but at least it starts funny.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 05 May 2009, 13:09

I find russel peters pretty much always hilarious- the issue is that he doesn't change up his routine a whole lot.

But yeah, he's goddamn hilarious the first time you hear his bit.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 05 May 2009, 13:17

Keith K wrote:It's not a gay joke. It's James kissing Matt. It's HILARIOUS because you can understand the pain they endured to get that on film. And kudos to both for enduring it. There's no cup for that kind of hit to the junk.

cacho wrote:Awsome episode.
It takes balls to kiss a man . . .0_o ?

Women, who aren't attracted to other women, kiss all the time to freak men out, or rather turn them on, and girls really go after it. I think it is perfectly reasonable to have two men get all into it for the sake of entertainment (Which in this case is a laugh and not the naughty entertainment provided to men by two women kissing). I mean, if Tom Selleck can do it, why can't Matt and James? If Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger can do it, why can't Matt and James? ...I'm trying to think of other examples, but men kissing doesn't really stand out in my mind so much...If that kid from Dawson's Creek can do it, why can't Matt and James? Okay.....I'm done with the rant.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 05 May 2009, 13:26

Trey Parker and Matt Stone in that scene at the end of BASEketball.
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 05 May 2009, 13:45

iamafish wrote:what about Russell Peters? all his jokes basically rely on making fun of racial stereotypes. although fairly amusing for a wile, it get very boring, very quickly.

*Becomes vicious dog-person*
NOBODY TOUCHES RUSSEL!!!

Sorry about that, but he's my favorite comedian! That's mostly due to our similar background and the fact that I can relate with so many of his jokes. I admit for the most part the tv specials of him are repetitive, but I've seen him do many more jokes than those (you just have to look, or go to his shows, as I have).

In summary, grrrr!
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 05 May 2009, 15:49

Laurnil wrote:Women, who aren't attracted to other women, kiss all the time...
...If that kid from Dawson's Creek can do it, why can't Matt and James?

- It's a bit of a stretch to imply that all women are comfortable with that.

- Women are led to believe that men will find them more attractive if they kiss another woman. After all, it's male instinct to spread his seed far and wide, therefore more women is always better, right? Plus, it says 'I definitely like kissing, but I'm not kissing any other dudes right now.'

- Possibly it could work for men also, but I think most men are dubious of this prospect. I won't presume to speak of natural female instinct, suffice it to say that women are less famously known for polyamorous tendencies. Worse, it's male nature (which we, for the most part, gracefully overcome) to view other men as direct competition. If aroused, such instincts naturally come to the forebrain and present yet another barrier to heterosexual male makeouts.

- Since apparently it seems commonplace to you, it might be fair to guess you wouldn't mercilessly ridicule a woman for kissing other women on occasion. Certainly most hetero men would not be willing to risk the infinite puerile mocking (if not genuine shame and alienation) that would surely follow a habit of kissing other men.

- Societal norms (whether we like them or not) dictate that men pursue women more often than the other way around. Therefore, women attract men (ie. through image, which could be enhanced by showing off their sexuality), men pursue women (ie. through display of intention, not enhanced by kissing other people). I'm not making a value judgment, just stating common knowledge which suggests an answer to your question.

- Matt and James are neither 'making a statement' for social change, attempting to establish art house credibility, nor being paid vast sums of cash. These are three minor differences between them and the other men you named.

- Perhaps the most important of all! As demonstrated by many of the reactions (however lighthearted) in this very thread, guys DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT. Going further than this would be more overtly gross and therefore less funny to most heterosexual males.

If this seems to be a failing of the male species in your eyes, please consider that men are more naturally sensitive to being aroused visually. Moreover, heterosexual men are visually aroused by physical features which are exclusive to women, which makes even rather androgynous men sexually unattractive to them (and manly men like Matt and James downright repugnant). This principle can apply even to 'enlightened' men who can appreciate an attractive male specimen under normal circumstances.

Edit: If we (or anyone else) wish(es) to take this discussion further (inevitably a pleasure, I'm sure), please let's do so in a separate topic.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 05 May 2009, 17:34

Yes.

Matt and James kissed.

They were acting.

That is what actors do.

MOVE.

ON.

/rant
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 05 May 2009, 17:38

tbh, the in bed scene was WAY WAYWAYWAY gayer.

-m

I am not angry at you.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 05 May 2009, 17:40

Matt wrote:tbh, the in bed scene was WAY WAYWAYWAY gayer.

-m

Okay I believe in that case, if you had pants on, it prevented your balls from touching, therefore it isn't gay.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 05 May 2009, 17:49

tak197 wrote:
Matt wrote:tbh, the in bed scene was WAY WAYWAYWAY gayer.

-m

Okay I believe in that case, if you had pants on, it prevented your balls from touching, therefore it isn't gay.

I mean it LOOKED way gayer.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 May 2009, 17:53

I concur with the above statement.

#shudder#
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”