Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 31 Mar 2009, 12:47

gryffinp wrote:Does this imply future guest commentators?

Our going theory is this is a one-time deal timed remarkably well with April Fool's Day. It's getting to be a tradition to have webcomics swap authors on April Fool's Day so this works out rather well, too.

It doesn't hurt that The Escapist gets to leverage Yahtzee's brand (so to speak) to their other content. It's a compliment to Unskippable that The Escapist would go along with the idea.
gryffinp

Postby gryffinp » 31 Mar 2009, 12:58

Allow me to rephrase my statement.

I am interested in the idea of guest commentators on unskippable. I am using this surprise as an excuse to inquire about the possibility of more guests.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 31 Mar 2009, 14:26

Graham and Yahtzee having a bigger-dickbag-off? Has my second biggest fantasy come true?
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 31 Mar 2009, 14:36

tak197 wrote:Graham and Yahtzee having a bigger-dickbag-off? Has my second biggest fantasy come true?

Your biggest fantasy being me and Yahtzee having a bigger-dick-bag-off? Given my propensity for dick-bagginess.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 31 Mar 2009, 14:49

Matt wrote:Your biggest fantasy being me and Yahtzee having a bigger-dick-bag-off? Given my propensity for dick-bagginess.

-m

To be honest though Matt is it not just a persona you put on during podcasts? Or even then, its just something that seems to be but isn't, because deep down you get really excited about stuff you talk about on podcasts?

For example, there has been ONLY one podcast I could never listen to that and that was one were Bill and Morgan where having a conversation in the background for about 10 minutes of the podcast and I had to just STOP listeninig because it was actually pissing me off since I was trying to hear what Graham was talking about on the video. Now I would fully qualify that as dick baggery, because a) they weren't listening to Graham b) they weren't thinking of those listening to the recording.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 31 Mar 2009, 15:30

I LOVED this Unskippable, you guys brought your A game with Yahtzee and it was amazingly funny to hear you fight.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 31 Mar 2009, 15:34

None of us put a persona on for the podcasts. I have a tendency to get enthusiastic when I talk about things on the podcasts, and I don't blow the levels for any reason other than I'm talking excitedly about something and I'm not the person monitoring them. I don't know I'm blowing the levels until after it's done and everyone shouts at me for it. It's not like I do it to piss everyone off.

We have the crosstalk issues pretty much squared away these days, but if you listen closely, it's typically bill that instigates the crosstalk, so frankly I resent being constantly blamed for it. Bill draws it out of me, and again, it's not that I'm doing it to be a dick, it's that something has simply distracted me from the fact that we're interfering with the podcast.

Those things said, with 8 people recording, it's pretty tough to get in on some conversations without forcing your way in.

tl;dr: I'm not a dick, I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't like it when people actually take me to be a dick.

-m

I am not angry at you.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 31 Mar 2009, 15:49

Matt wrote:
I'm not a dick, I'm not trying to be a dick, and I don't like it when people actually take me to be a dick.

-m

Yea you get that a lot.
FlintPaper577

Postby FlintPaper577 » 01 Apr 2009, 00:29

It is so jolly fun to CALL you a dick though Matt. You're like the Guy Fawkes of LRR. I don't know anyone who's still cut up about the whole Gunpowder Plot thing, but it's still fun to burn the guy in effigy.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 01 Apr 2009, 00:43

Matt wrote:We have the crosstalk issues pretty much squared away these days, but if you listen closely, it's typically bill that instigates the crosstalk, so frankly I resent being constantly blamed for it.

Where in this thread did this get brought up? Or for matter, where in the last several months? He said Bill and Morgan.

And why are you guys even talking about this?
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 04 Apr 2009, 23:39

metcarfre wrote:
Graham wrote:I actually had the idea when we first started that it'd be awesome to do a crossover with him, but I never brought it up our producer (figuring Yahtzee wouldn't be into it).

Then he brought it up with the producer.

And a giant party was had.

Aaaaand by giant party, I mean we talked on Skype. Nice guy.

So, there's one more celebrity to phone in for DBFH3.

YES. :arrow:
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 04 Apr 2009, 23:59

I have to admit that one of my first thoughts when I head that Graham and Paul were going to do Unskipable for the Escapist was that they could get Yahtzee to do an ad for next years Desert Bus.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.

Return to “Unskippable”