S2E14 - MechWarrior

Talk about LRR's gaming news show on PATV.
Matt
LRR Crew

S2E14 - MechWarrior

Postby Matt » 06 Aug 2012, 11:19

Because releasing actual mecha into the world couldn't possibly go wrong.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/mechwarrior

-m

I am not angry at you.
Nyctef
First Video: ArMEGAdon

Re: S2E14 - MechWarrior

Postby Nyctef » 06 Aug 2012, 12:36

What, no "Throne of Games" pun? I am disappoint.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 06 Aug 2012, 16:25

Nyctef wrote:What, no "Throne of Games" pun? I am disappoint.

As made by Martin LRR George.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 06 Aug 2012, 16:37

Yeah, being the mechaphile that I am, I was privy to the Kuratas the same day they put the ads up on YouTube.

Realistically, a wheeled vehicle seems MUCH more...practical, not only in operation, but design and production. But some of the design choices? The 'smile trigger' screams BAD IDEA even more than "Now that I have children, I feel much safer having a gun in the house." or "Yeah, I normally wear a condom, but then I thought 'When am I ever gonna be in Haiti again?'".

Also the 'remote control through any 3G phone? Nah, THAT'S TOTALLY secure... :roll:

Heck, after perusing Suidobashi H/I's website itself to the KURATAS...or is it the "Vaudeville"...or the "Vauveville"? ANYWAY, after skimming over the page, I got even a little MORE unsettled (because if it's legit, that control system looks very promising for all manner of fields, not just luxury toys for specific strains of otaku)

KURATAS has the AE "V-Sido", the control system of the computer technology is watched by all world with interest. Not only operating by boarding the pilot’s seat, but also enabling you to control and interact KURATAS with Kinect*. Moreover, without taking a professional training such as a combat plane, people can operate it easily. Furthermore, you can control KURATAS via the mobile 3G Internet access.

...and there's NEVER any other mention of that asterisk, nor Kinect ANYWHERE else on the site. :?

And then, after I had to examine all the 'style text' printed sideways on the background, the top left of the page had my Inner Cynic™ gloating:

SINCE 2011/04/01 [Tokyo, Japan]

...yeah, this is just some 'installation art' that's likely gonna vaporize before anyone is ever able to place an order...
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 06 Aug 2012, 17:02

empath wrote:The 'smile trigger' screams BAD IDEA even more than "Now that I have children, I feel much safer having a gun in the house." or "Yeah, I normally wear a condom, but then I thought 'When am I ever gonna be in Haiti again?'".

I can imagine the pitch meeting now...

"Say there, customer! Do you enjoy a certain sadistic glee when mowing down civilians with high-powered automatic weaponry, but think that it's just too hard to keep the trigger held down? Wouldn't you prefer a weapon that really fed off the sick, twisted joy you get over endless slaughter at your hands? Well, good news! We've developed a great new firing mechanism just for YOU!"
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 07 Aug 2012, 23:28

I would hope that if was paying more than million dollars for something I could get the controls customised.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 08 Aug 2012, 10:27

Lord Chrusher wrote:I would hope that if was paying more than million dollars for something I could get the controls customised.

Well, you CAN choose the upholstery (real or artificial leather, corduroy or "100% Cotton"). :)

And

CaptainSpam wrote:I can imagine the pitch meeting now...

"Say there, customer! Do you enjoy a certain sadistic glee when mowing down civilians with high-powered automatic weaponry, but think that it's just too hard to keep the trigger held down? Wouldn't you prefer a weapon that really fed off the sick, twisted joy you get over endless slaughter at your hands? Well, good news! We've developed a great new firing mechanism just for YOU!"

Remember, it IS Japan we're talking about - I'd be more worried if there wasn't at least ONE 'feature' that made me go "What. The. Fuck?" :)
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 08 Aug 2012, 13:40

You should ask the company that makes them if they would donate one for desert bus :D
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Aug 2012, 14:03

Bidding war between Notch and Dengler?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 10 Aug 2012, 00:02

Master Gunner wrote:Bidding war between Notch and Dengler?

Whoever wins, the children are appoint.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 11 Aug 2012, 11:04

A smile fire feature is basically saying "This machine is only really functional for people that just get a big ol' kick outta mowing people down"

I will say though, after Steel Battalion, I think everybody knew where this market was heading.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 12 Aug 2012, 13:43

Smashing other players around with a Big Daddy? I'd definitely play that :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis

Return to “Checkpoint”