06 - Criminals and Lawyers

News, with silly hats.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

06 - Criminals and Lawyers

Postby Kathleen » 29 Jun 2011, 08:47

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ls-Lawyers
What we can learn from this is that I should not go into law.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
andy25100
First Video: can't remember

Re: 06 - Criminals and Lawyers

Postby andy25100 » 29 Jun 2011, 08:59

Kathleen wrote:What we can learn from this is that I should not go into law.

Also not to plan wedding's
Is feeling terribly happy, in england
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 29 Jun 2011, 09:44

During the Magneto part Paul said, verbatim, everything I was thinking.
Best one yet folks, lovin' it :D
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 29 Jun 2011, 10:01

I said dump :oops:
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Lord Carol
First Video: How to LRR

Postby Lord Carol » 29 Jun 2011, 10:12

I didn't say dump, but I am called Chris. It still freaked me out... those eyes!
JenSev
First Video: quantum documentary

Postby JenSev » 29 Jun 2011, 10:58

If you want one of those studded leather caps, I live close to Amsterdam, I'm sure they have those there and probably all sorts of other strange and awesome hats.

I could send you some if you like.
The only ones that face reality are the ones too stupid to duck when they see it coming!
noy2222
First Video: Rejected Get a Mac Ads

Postby noy2222 » 29 Jun 2011, 11:31

I've had to do some research on this dog story and it seems very unlikely to be true.
All sources that remain online in Israeli sites are from non serious news sites and forums, apparently at least one news site posted an apology a few days after reporting it and then took both the original story and the apology down.

Also http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp

Conclusion: the only reliable news source is the Village People.
Breaking news: It's fun to stay at the YMCA. We'll have more on this story, as it develops.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Jun 2011, 11:36

The BBC had a story on it (Elomin started a thread about it with a BBC link), but that page appears to have gone away too.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 29 Jun 2011, 11:53

I am not a Chris. You will never know whether or not I said "Dump!" BWAHAHAHAhahaha... *ahem*

Kathleen has every right to refer to herself as "delicious and hot" if she chooses to. You go, girl!

I felt that the Magneto discussion between Paul and Kathleen ran a little long. Maybe it was a slow news week and they needed to fill time, but I think cutting a bit off that conversation and putting in another quick story would have been funnier.

The hat collection is incomplete! More hats are required!
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 29 Jun 2011, 13:23

Seriously? Graham didn't know rabbinical? :O I would have thought that came up during the password-to-apartment period :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
thunderkatz
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby thunderkatz » 29 Jun 2011, 14:01

I had to actually pause the video after seeing the quick cut of douchebag-Paul because I was laughing so hard. No offense meant to Paul - it's because you pulled it off so well that I found it so hilarious.

And awesome pre-end-credits closer.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 29 Jun 2011, 14:21

Where there is Feed, there will be Dump, and where there is a confluence of Feed and Dump, there will be hatistics.

First, we here at Action 9 news did discover some errors in our basic hat counting from last week. Apparently not all shots were counted in our tallies. (Which is different from our Tallys, which we always count very highly.) This has been corrected, and we invite all those affected to shove it up their ass. Seriously, come on, whatcha got? I got a Degree in Hatistics from the Otago Higher Hat Accounting Institute and a sweet job at Action 9 news! You can't step to me, ya punks!

Ahem. I have been informed by management that in fact, we invite no such thing, and do in fact apologize. Also to note I do not, in fact, have a Degree in Hatistics, and there is no Otago Higher Hat Accounting Institute.

And now, the Hatistics.

While today saw a drop in the haturation count, it still is panicking investors who believe it shows an overall hatward trend. To explain this, let's take a look at a six week period of haturation.

As we can see, this week's 15% is only the third highest, but it is however the highest recorded haturation not to feature Alex. Coming off last week, where only emergency injection of Kathleen and Paul prevented higher haturation, it's clear the market is preparing for a hat tipping point.

Now the shot by shot.

As we can see, this week reversed the Hatless-Hat-Prescription Eyewear singularity that last week's data promised, thereby disappointing millions of the Church of HatlessHatSpectacles who hoped for salvation in the oncoming HatlessHatSpectaclesocalypse. Instead, we all get to live another day on fat Action 9 news salaries and champagne caviar parties at my place ladies see you there. No headwear was slightly down, hats sharply down, prescription eyewear sharply up. Another nice sign was the slight rise in the other eyewear category, delighting the dozens of investors there. Good work, you merry gentlemen.

That's all from me for this week, rest assured, I will always have the latest limos here I gotta go.

ps. GREAT episode guys. Maybe my favourite yet. God, Kathleen on Feed Dump is always good.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 29 Jun 2011, 14:25

perhaps you should also produce graphs on the number of hatistic graphs you have produced? :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
ebMusicMan
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby ebMusicMan » 29 Jun 2011, 14:25

I'm curious as to how the last shot was recorded. The potential for one hat being fulfilled with three hats in actuality seems to bring up a shampoo type 2-in-1 argument.

Also "Mutants gotta mute" lolololol
PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 29 Jun 2011, 15:11

I love Kathleen on Feed Dump. She's always hilarious.

JackSlack wrote:-snip-

Pretty much the only reason I read these threads is for your haturation counts. Thank you.

Also, what did you count the triple hat at the end as? Was it three times as much, or did it just count as one?
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 29 Jun 2011, 15:24

Well, it was only one shot containing hats. It just happened to contain a vast quantity of hat. Perhaps we need some new marker for what to do in the event of multiple hats.

The Magneto thing went on quite a while, but I didn't really mind because I was just laughing so hard at Paul and Kathleen.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 29 Jun 2011, 15:30

JackSlack wrote:Where there is Feed, there will be Dump, and where there is a confluence of Feed and Dump, there will be hatistics.

First, we here at Action 9 news did discover some errors in our basic hat counting from last week. Apparently not all shots were counted in our tallies. (Which is different from our Tallys, which we always count very highly.) This has been corrected, and we invite all those affected to shove it up their ass. Seriously, come on, whatcha got? I got a Degree in Hatistics from the Otago Higher Hat Accounting Institute and a sweet job at Action 9 news! You can't step to me, ya punks!

Ahem. I have been informed by management that in fact, we invite no such thing, and do in fact apologize. Also to note I do not, in fact, have a Degree in Hatistics, and there is no Otago Higher Hat Accounting Institute.

And now, the Hatistics.

While today saw a drop in the haturation count, it still is panicking investors who believe it shows an overall hatward trend. To explain this, let's take a look at a six week period of haturation.

As we can see, this week's 15% is only the third highest, but it is however the highest recorded haturation not to feature Alex. Coming off last week, where only emergency injection of Kathleen and Paul prevented higher haturation, it's clear the market is preparing for a hat tipping point.

Now the shot by shot.

As we can see, this week reversed the Hatless-Hat-Prescription Eyewear singularity that last week's data promised, thereby disappointing millions of the Church of HatlessHatSpectacles who hoped for salvation in the oncoming HatlessHatSpectaclesocalypse. Instead, we all get to live another day on fat Action 9 news salaries and champagne caviar parties at my place ladies see you there. No headwear was slightly down, hats sharply down, prescription eyewear sharply up. Another nice sign was the slight rise in the other eyewear category, delighting the dozens of investors there. Good work, you merry gentlemen.

That's all from me for this week, rest assured, I will always have the latest limos here I gotta go.

ps. GREAT episode guys. Maybe my favourite yet. God, Kathleen on Feed Dump is always good.

HOLY SHIT IF THERE WERE INTERNET OSCARS FOR OUTSTANDING POSTMANSHIP THIS WOULD WIN ALL OF THEM FOREVER.

*ahem*

Sorry. That was amazing. Carry on.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Garfman
First Video: Failure

Postby Garfman » 29 Jun 2011, 15:30

Yeah, I was wondering if the hat statistics would be able to handle multi-hat-shots.

New statistics must be developed! Grants must be written! Graduate students must be hired! Undergraduate students must be shanghaied! Science must prevail!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 29 Jun 2011, 15:31

Magneto is a survivor of the Holocaust. Odd bit of trivia I know, but it's sort of an odd thing to come out of and then immediately contemplate genocide of people who don't necessarily share any physical trait at all but who are for whatever reason not able to lift a car or fly or read minds etc.

Also, you enjoyed breast milk twenty-odd years ago, was good enough for you then! :P
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 29 Jun 2011, 15:36

This was a good Deed Fump this week, but I must take issue with one part of the introductions: Kathleen misspoke the second time. She is, indeed, delicious and also hot.

Also, that Hatistics post was hilarious. HILARIOUS, I tell you!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Jun 2011, 16:11

Movie-verse's Magneto's motivations were well explained in First Class. It started just as revenge, then into pre-emptive strikes when he saw that humanity would just repeat what had happened during the holocaust, against the mutants. As he and they can fight back this time, they will. He hardly immediately contemplated it, only when he came to believe that there was no other way for mutants to survive.

As to the motivations of the various comic-verse incarnations, I have no idea.

On the topic of hatistics: I approve to a...rather embarrassing degree.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 29 Jun 2011, 16:26

Kathleen wrote:"I'm delicious and also on fire!"

:D :D :D

The news was actually flat-out strange this week. I mean, a lot stranger than usual. I'm thinking Phailhaüs 06 level weird (the one with the "rape... over the phone" story)
Last edited by WAYF on 01 Jul 2011, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 29 Jun 2011, 17:04

I am blushing. Blushing, you guys. I had a horrible day yesterday, slept really poorly due to nervousness about a host of issues, and you guys just picked me right up. Thank you.

Now if only I could be that funny when I'm not sleep deprived. :)

Also, fodder for next week: "Love is in the air at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. More than 150 turtles crossed over an active runway and disrupted air traffic on Wednesday so that they could continue their mating season." Via Boing Boing.
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 29 Jun 2011, 17:20

The face that Kathleen made after the breast milk story had me laughing. That was the EXACT face I made when you mentioned the story itself.

Then bam. Translated to screen.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 29 Jun 2011, 19:09

"...No."

It's little things like that which get me laughing the most. You know Kathleen had something to say, but just didn't want to spit it out.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!

Return to “Feed Dump”