32 - A Cat Ate My Whopper

News, with silly hats.
Graham
Super Moderator

32 - A Cat Ate My Whopper

Postby Graham » 04 Jan 2012, 12:03

Presented free of "can haz whopper" jokes.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Re: 32 - A Cat Ate My Whopper

Postby JackSlack » 04 Jan 2012, 12:38

Thank you, Graham. No, really, thank you for that.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, this is JackSlack with your Action 9 News Hat Report. This week we saw the reveal of what can be called a "Complex Marketplace" with no fewer than four major forces acting upon the market. The Alex/Kathleen force combo was not unexpected (we got a tip-off to this from a criminal lad friend of ours, not that we'd ever condone insider trading, which would be definitely illegal) but also saw the LeeLee Force emerge onto the market. Nothing in the Phailhaüs simulations prepared us for this, although it must be said that the Phailhaüs simulation may be reaching the end of its usefulness, as the next week's market will be the first week to outpace the number of simulations run.

But for now, let's take a look at the market!

As we can see, the only winner this week were the investors in NADA. I foolishly removed all my NADA stocks. Don't I feel like an idiot. Yes, yes I do.

I do.

That said, we can also see some other interesting stories. Namely, SPEC went down in spite of an Alex/Kathleen combo force, courtesy of the prevailing LeeLee. FACE and NPEW went no-where, but what's truly interesting is this: Kathleen was a powerful pro-HATS force this week courtesy of what is colloquially known in the financial sector as an "Alice Band" effect. And yet haturation was down.

How do we explain this? Well, first of all, note that Haturation was at a whopping 48% the week before, so there was a high bar to clear. But another part of the story can be seen in the balance of forces this episode.

As we can see, while the Kathleen Force was 100% behind both HATS and SPEC this week, her influence upon the market was slightly less than the Graham and much behind the Alex and the LeeLee. This explains much of the HATS drop.

What's stunning is that despite a 29% prevalence of the Alex, SPEC couldn't go up.

Poor, poor SPEC investors.

I'm JackSlack, with your Action 9 News Hat report. Jim, I believe you have a story about a goat with a funny story.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Jan 2012, 13:38

Interesting to see LeeLee in on an episode, but whilst Kathleen is always a welcome addition, Alex steals the show as he is often want to.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 04 Jan 2012, 14:28

JackSlack wrote:(we got a tip-off to this from a criminal lad friend of ours, not that we'd ever condone insider trading, which would be definitely illegal)

Definitely illegal, or questionably legal?
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 04 Jan 2012, 15:09

Graham looks sad when the second sparlker dies... trust me Graham, you don't want the festivites to continue. My anniversary is November 9th. Both me an my fiance have January birthdays. This means that, from anniversary to Valentine's Day, I average 1 holiday/event every 2 weeks. Factor in my brother's birthday March 1st and Desert Bus, and you have a bank account and sleep schedule battered to death every winter.

Aside from that... Feed Dump+ LeeLee= SO MUCH WIN. I hope she can make it back!
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 04 Jan 2012, 16:40

JackSlack wrote:it must be said that the Phailhaüs simulation may be reaching the end of its usefulness, as the next week's market will be the first week to outpace the number of simulations run.

I count 32 Feed Dumps against 33 Phailhaüses. Wow. :shock:

Can we have a party or something to celebrate Feed Dump overtaking the Phailhaüs?

-EDIT: Technically, Phailhaüs 29 never made it onto the site, but it was still recorded and there's a gap in the numbering in case they ever rescue it from corruption, so I'm counting it.
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 04 Jan 2012, 17:36

I wasn't counting 29, hence why I said 'next week's' would overtake it. But you could argue it either way!
Ahlir

Postby Ahlir » 04 Jan 2012, 17:50

Yay for Elvis the Crocodile. I love that Croc. He lived at Australia Zoo (home of Steve Irwin's family) for a while and is a grumpy sonofabitch... He did not want to give that mower back either, Saw a clip of him on the News. Anyway that's my patriotic stuff over.

Very good ep... Lots of fun.

Edited cause of lack on knowledge.
Last edited by Ahlir on 04 Jan 2012, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 04 Jan 2012, 17:55

Wait, no he doesn't, Trixy. Last time I checked, Elvis lives in the Australia Reptile Park at Gosford. Here's the story at their website. Sorry to get a bit testy about that, but I'm a big supporter of the Reptile Park and would hate to see it confused with other locations. Australia Zoo isn't even in the same state!
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 04 Jan 2012, 18:25

JackSlack got there before I could, I visit Elvis all the time, and he definitely lives at the Reptile Park these days.

He used to live at Australia Zoo, I believe, but he moved down to Gosford a couple of years ago.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 04 Jan 2012, 18:32

Ahh, that explains it. Did you meant to say he liveD in Australia Zoo, Trixy?
Ahlir

Postby Ahlir » 04 Jan 2012, 18:45

Actually I didn't realised he had moved... It's been a while since I've been to Aus Zoo. But I remember Elvis being there. My bad... I will fix my post.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
Ororon

Postby Ororon » 04 Jan 2012, 19:42

Loved the episode, LeeLee was a nice addition and I enjoyed seeing 3 people discuss it. Also first post was just ridiculously awesome :)
I came, I saw, I lol'd
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 04 Jan 2012, 20:29

To be fair to the counterfeiter in question, the million dollar bill did feature the visage of one Ronald Wilson Reagan. The can be forgiven for thinking that, upon presenting the Walmart Cashier with a Reagan bill, everyone would just assume this gentleman clearly won the Eighties and we should just do as he says.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 04 Jan 2012, 21:54

Now actually having seen the episode, I have these things to say.

1. Graham looked so forlorn in the stinger.
2. Technically, he's from Gosford, not Sydney, but the fact that I knew that story before I saw it on Feed Dump means that I don't really care.
2a. I also don't care because Brooklyn!Elvis was hilarious.
3. I kinda like the three-person dynamic!
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 04 Jan 2012, 21:55

The swan is in control. XD
Is the hairband to hide or match the roots? <3

And LeeLee continues to be extremely adorable.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 04 Jan 2012, 21:56

I kinda want to see the full clip from Kathleen's New Years labor segment. It sounded like no one could keep a straight face.

Which is why I love Kathleen.
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 07 Jan 2012, 15:46

LeeLee should be in more LRR videos, so there.

Return to “Feed Dump”