Feed Dump 246 - Statute of Limitations

News, with silly hats.
ihorner
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Feed Dump 246 - Statute of Limitations

Postby ihorner » 01 Apr 2016, 06:58

Mistaken identity, road trips, and VHS tape come together to make this week's Feed Dump
The Martini
First Video: Installing Linux

Re: Feed Dump 246 - Statute of Limitations

Postby The Martini » 01 Apr 2016, 10:03

Aaaaaaaaand now I have Ashokan Farewell stuck in my head. Thanks, Ken Burns Effect!

Also, this Feed Dump was great! Both Cam and Serge are great 'Dumpers, and the combo is even better :D
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 01 Apr 2016, 10:23

This is just ridiculous. That poor guy, and it made national news too, front page of reddit, it was on CNN, everywhere with his name.
Dedwrekka
First Video: That one with Graham in it.

Postby Dedwrekka » 01 Apr 2016, 10:40

Wait, was that the Ken Burns filter?!
reptile

Postby reptile » 01 Apr 2016, 15:03

You should let Kate wear that hat; the pink makes it look like something the West Coast Mother-Lovin' Gs might wear.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Apr 2016, 17:33

I was actually mistaken for a substitute teacher a couple times in high school...but at state legislator seems a bit much.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Apr 2016, 15:42

Okay. IRL cabbie here.

Regarding the ditched long-haul cab ride, more details: $600.30us (weird how granular the NYC meter is: ours just go up by $0.25ca increments) for reportedly 140mi. However Google maps shows paths FROM Dover, Pa to NYC as typically at least 180 miles...maybe he picked her up in New Jersey or similar? ANYWAYS, the arrival was 1am, and the ride took 3hrs (which does match up with Google's estimates), so she left NYC around 10pm...on a weekend.

I'm just gonna say it: she was finishing up a night on the town, was more drunk than she thought, and in a distorted frame of mind due to the booze, 'logically' took a cab home. Likely she SLEPT during at least part of the long ride, and upon arrival, yeah, she panicked, went into her house, desperately trying to find enough money to pay for the fare...and when she realized she doesn't keep hundreds of dollars in cash stashed away in the nightstand or similar, was just too ashamed to go back out and deal with the cabbie...and when the phone started ringing, that was even more embarrassing.

Other Sources For News report she IS embarrassed about this and has stated she's going to try to repay the cabbie as soon as she is able...nevermind the fines she's going to be presented with. :(

On one hand, I feel for her - I'd have tried to negotiate payment over time with her if I was in the situation (and have done with fares - over smaller amounts, to be fair - myself in the past), but on the other hand, I don't object to the cabbie getting the police involved - this is a large sum AND this is not just a total stranger, but someone who lives IN ANOTHER STATE. ;)

Kinda unfortunate, but the fact is that long-haul cab rides DO happen (I've driven a few; longest was a five hour round trip {two hours sitting while the fare visited}) and you don't balk at those, you JUMP FOR THEM, because even a low three-digit fare won't just make your day, it often makes your whole week.
Dandinstorm12
First Video: Sonic and the Black Knight Unskippable

Postby Dandinstorm12 » 02 Apr 2016, 16:16

Gah, now I need to spend several hours listening to Ashokan Farewell. This was my favorite Feed Dump in a long time.
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 03 Apr 2016, 13:46

I'd say damn you for making me remember Freddy Got Fingered, but I'm really just mad at Tom Green. I wish I had walked out of that movie.
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius
Mothra Fighter
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Mothra Fighter » 03 Apr 2016, 19:25

Never saw Freddy Got Fingered, but I did watch Lindsay Ellis and Kyle Kallgren review it. That's as close as I've ever wanted to be to that movie.

Tom Green wants to help the man in whatever way he can, including paying the fine. So, at least his fave has his back? Still, this man gets to be that guy who was arrested for an overdue VHS copy of Freddy Got Fingered for the rest of his days. Everyone gets their 15 minutes, but not necessarily for happy reasons.
Giuchie, giuchie, ya ya dada. - Abraham Lincoln, probably
BenMarc
First Video: Interrupt this Program

Postby BenMarc » 03 Apr 2016, 22:16

I was pretty goddamn stupid as a teenager, (like most people) but I am infinitely grateful that I had at least enough wisdom at that age to recognize that everything with Tom Green's name on it was asinine, and, as such, never wasted precious moments of my life watching that garbage.
Captain Technicality, away!!!
*makes whooshing noises with mouth*

Return to “Feed Dump”