GPLP: Dante's Inferno

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: GPLP: Dante's Inferno

Postby Vigafre » 01 Nov 2011, 11:07

Aw, Greek mythology. So great.

Egyptian mythology, though? What the hell...
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 01 Nov 2011, 18:09

I am really enjoying this. The historical commentary is wonderful! The game is butt, but I really enjoy watching you guys play it. It's funny, informative, entertaining... like a good BBC special.

I'm a little bummed Brad never got to finish talking about Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn (about 1 minute in to Pt 4). Graham and Paul kept interrupting him!

Though the crazy smelling tail-dude as the Sorting hat was hilarious.

Was no one else bothered by the fact that the crazy smelling sorting hat dude never actually wrapped his tail around anyone to determine which circle of hell they were to go to. INACCURACY.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 01 Nov 2011, 18:40

Jaebird wrote:http://youtu.be/DUcAIxDSPuU

Having seen the video... I don't get what all the noise is about. The kid looks like he had a lot of fun, and nobody hurt him. There are villains in stories, that doesn't mean the actors who play them are treated wrong. Unless you're again all acting by babies and toddlers and young children, I don't see a problem with it at all.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby EikoandMog » 01 Nov 2011, 19:31

Avistew wrote:

Having seen the video... I don't get what all the noise is about. The kid looks like he had a lot of fun, and nobody hurt him. There are villains in stories, that doesn't mean the actors who play them are treated wrong. Unless you're again all acting by babies and toddlers and young children, I don't see a problem with it at all.

That was the point I was trying to make. Little guy had a blast doing that mocap.
Jaebird
First Video: The LHC

Postby Jaebird » 01 Nov 2011, 21:04

Avistew wrote:

I never meant to start any fuss, except for providing information. People took what I said and ran with it.
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Open for commissions.)
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 02 Nov 2011, 10:31

So I started playing this again and MY GOD do I hate mashing circle for the PS3. Opening doors, absolving, fucking breathing... So I started to call it "The Circle of Hell."
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 02 Nov 2011, 15:31

Gaaaaaaaah withdrawal, I need my tuesday/wednesday GPLP fix!

Or maybe it's just sugar related

Also you guys are 2/2 for ground based tentacle monster bosses, so that's... something.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 03 Nov 2011, 05:20

Why is Cleopatra in charge of the lust circle? And what was it about her that made them think 'giant purple woman with mouths instead of nipples'? Also, that all QTE 'sex-fight' may be one of the most of the most face-palm worthy things I've seen in a while.
Jaebird

Postby Jaebird » 03 Nov 2011, 06:43

Is it just me, or is anyone else looking forward to hearing Brad's reaction to the Circle of Gluttony and Cerberus? All of which I found to be more disturbing than Lust AND Cleopatra.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 03 Nov 2011, 09:08

That uh... that's kind of an unfortunate thumbnail for part 5.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 03 Nov 2011, 09:24

fits the vid...
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 03 Nov 2011, 11:08

AlexanderDitto wrote:I am really enjoying this. The historical commentary is wonderful! The game is butt, but I really enjoy watching you guys play it. It's funny, informative, entertaining... like a good BBC special.

I'm a little bummed Brad never got to finish talking about Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn (about 1 minute in to Pt 4). Graham and Paul kept interrupting him!

Was no one else bothered by the fact that the crazy smelling sorting hat dude never actually wrapped his tail around anyone to determine which circle of hell they were to go to. INACCURACY.

He was a cool dude. Honestly I think western historians should all take a perspectives course or something on whatever their time period is from an eastern perspective. Outside-looking-in is important. Heck, I do it with France on England all the time.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Dark_Watcher
First Video: The Job

Postby Dark_Watcher » 03 Nov 2011, 11:52

Maybe I didn`t notice it because of the quality of the video, but now I`m curious to know what it was exactley Paul and Brad saw when Cleo was climbing the tower
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 03 Nov 2011, 11:57

AlexanderDitto wrote:I am really enjoying this. The historical commentary is wonderful! The game is butt, but I really enjoy watching you guys play it. It's funny, informative, entertaining... like a good BBC special.

Because so far this game has been all about accuracy.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 03 Nov 2011, 12:23

If anyone is interested in e-stim, please make sure to purchase actual e-stim equipment and not use car batteries and what not. Be safe in your kinkiness.

What the hell was that nipple action about? It's kind of scary, but at the same time I can see the advantage of being able to self-lick your nipples without anyone noticing (well, if you're wearing clothes that is). The scythe babies coming out though, not so much. That was painful to watch.
Jaebird

Postby Jaebird » 03 Nov 2011, 12:51

Avistew wrote:The scythe babies coming out though, not so much. That was painful to watch.

At least they didn't come out the normal way. That would have been terrifying.
Tex
First Video: LRR Skit

Postby Tex » 03 Nov 2011, 13:42

Well, I have to say, I am readily disturbed now. That was... oh gosh.

I need acid for my eyes.

On to other subjects though.

I think what yall were trying to figure out was the 'Violet Wand'... Even if its not, dont ask how I know.
Cus No. And maybe.
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 03 Nov 2011, 13:45

Well, if they had stayed that size, it might have been okay... Probably less painful than an actual birth.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 03 Nov 2011, 13:51

Avistew wrote:If anyone is interested in e-stim, please make sure to purchase actual e-stim equipment and not use car batteries and what not. Be safe in your kinkiness.

What the hell was that nipple action about? It's kind of scary, but at the same time I can see the advantage of being able to self-lick your nipples without anyone noticing (well, if you're wearing clothes that is). The scythe babies coming out though, not so much. That was painful to watch.

What I was thinking of was a "Violet Wand" I have since been corrected. Not a purple flashlight.
All hail the great deku tree!

Twitter

Flickr

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Nov 2011, 13:52

In general, you were referring to "Erotic Electrostimulation", which can be aided by a number of devices including Violet Wands and TENS Machines.

Violet wands (and the newer/cheaper Neon Wands currently available from the Stockroom), to the best of my knowledge, are rather safe devices, as they deliver a relatively mild electric current (think of them as amped up plasma globes). However other devices practitioners use should be handled with care, as they include what are essentially toned down cattle prods/tasers (they deliver an electric shock between two prongs upon contact with skin, which reduces resistance enough to cause the electricity to arc and complete the circuit), and TENS machines can be very dangerous if the electrodes are attached to the wrong areas.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 03 Nov 2011, 14:42

Dark_Watcher wrote:Maybe I didn`t notice it because of the quality of the video, but now I`m curious to know what it was exactley Paul and Brad saw when Cleo was climbing the tower

You could probably hazard a guess, given the context of the character and level design...

Jaebird wrote:
Avistew wrote:The scythe babies coming out though, not so much. That was painful to watch.

At least they didn't come out the normal way. That would have been terrifying.

I doubt it would make it that much worse. It would have at least made slightly more sense than them spawning from the nipple-orifices.
Haberley
First Video: Paperboy

Postby Haberley » 03 Nov 2011, 15:38

How has nobody thought to call the 'Lustful Wind' a Whorenado yet? :P
COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW!
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 03 Nov 2011, 15:49

Dark_Watcher wrote:Maybe I didn`t notice it because of the quality of the video, but now I`m curious to know what it was exactley Paul and Brad saw when Cleo was climbing the tower

Yeah, I didn't see it at first either, I had to rewind and freeze-frame it to see it... I'd post a screenshot, but I'm at work, and there's no way I'm doing that here. But I'll try to describe it...

You know when you have a bunch of vines growing along the ground... just this big tangled mess of lines twisting around one another, creeping across a surface? Well, that pattern, except in red veiny inflammation, spreading out from her crotch. And reaching halfway up her abdomen.

Girl has a pretty extreme case of some horrible STI, is what I'm saying.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Nov 2011, 17:15

Haberley wrote:How has nobody thought to call the 'Lustful Wind' a Whorenado yet? :P
I think we actually came up with that later on. We call it something.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 04 Nov 2011, 06:39

MetricFurlong wrote:Why is Cleopatra in charge of the lust circle? And what was it about her that made them think 'giant purple woman with mouths instead of nipples'? Also, that all QTE 'sex-fight' may be one of the most of the most face-palm worthy things I've seen in a while.

Romans pushed the idea of Cleopatra being a bit of a whore, Most people believe now that it was rumor born to discredit her as a ruler.

/Has both "Arts and Culture", and Mythology classes this semester
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...

Return to “GPLP”