GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 Mar 2012, 05:33

wow, the next video should sign off with "buy yourself 5 t-shirts from the store"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 15 Mar 2012, 05:35

That is a good idea actually. I may go and have a browse.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
RussianCossack
First Video: Just Drive

Postby RussianCossack » 15 Mar 2012, 09:19

Aaaand no I am compelled to post because you asked us to. (it is kinda funny how it actually did cause a number of people to say hi) so...um Hi i guess!

Ive been watching your videos since you guys signed on to the escapist and I greatly enjoy your videos! (Also I blame all of you for avidly playing Magic the gathering:Duels of the Planeswalkers) Also It was awesome seeing Graham and Paul at MagFest! (though only a handful of people showed up on the Sunday panel)

and...thats it i guess. Cant wait to see what happens in the Rogue Hand place!
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 17 Mar 2012, 15:30

Lord Hosk wrote:wow, the next video should sign off with "buy yourself 5 t-shirts from the store"

My God... imagine if they did the "Bump in the Night" plug here. There'd be a deluge beyond ones conception.

Also, I would having really like it if, during the big rumble between those too groups, the mooks would accidently attack people on their own side as they're basically pallet swaps of each other.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?"

"Oh... sorry dude. I though you were a Purifier"

"Is the end of the stick I'm carrying glowing? No? Well then obviously I'm not!"
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 17 Mar 2012, 18:43

Episode 5 Online! Extra long episode!

Note: This was still recorded before we were helpfully informed that you need all the parts of a mutant's power before you can use the costume. Please ignore our stupidness.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 17 Mar 2012, 20:53

Woo, indirect mention. As for the Juggernaut push ability, I think the reason it does so little damage is because it's still a defense ability, even if it turns your dodge into an offensive push. Shame you guys lost your progress, though. Hopefully that won't happen next time.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Indy_S
First Video: Garagellenium

Postby Indy_S » 17 Mar 2012, 20:59

Even though his name was Remy, I never thought of Gambit as French.
I wonder what life would be like if dinosaurs fought aliens for the safety of Mongolia. Somebody make this movie.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 18 Mar 2012, 04:26

Indy_S: That's because he's not French. He's a Cajun. Completely different thing.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 18 Mar 2012, 05:38

Graham wrote:I hate to rain on your pride parage there, Ditto, but the X-Men started as an allegory of just, any civil rights, most notably race relations.
Granted, LGBT is a big part of ongoing civil rights, but it's not all about it.

Hahaha, fair point, I have recalled my pride parade. Though I will point out that your race doesn't usually manifest during puberty. Also there's the whole "people hiding their powers" thing that has strong analogies to being in the closet (some people try to hide it, live normal lives, and some people can't, because it manifests more obviously, etc etc). Though that might all be completely unintentional.

Geoff_B wrote:IIRC Bryan Singer's interpretation was that the X-Men were like the civil rights for black people, with Professor X as Martin Luther King and Magneto as Malcolm X.

This is a very interesting idea that I had never considered!

Paul wrote:Note: This was still recorded before we were helpfully informed that you need all the parts of a mutant's power before you can use the costume. Please ignore our stupidness.

I didn't realize this! How were you supposed to know that, did the game tell you at some point? I guess I am in the stupidness boat too.

Trisha Lynn wrote:Indy_S: That's because he's not French. He's a Cajun. Completely different thing.

Besides the fact that since they settled in Louisiana, they speak a dialect of French. Which admittedly has nothing to do with ethnicity.
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 18 Mar 2012, 06:21

The push ability makes the game sound like Dante's Inferno.
danm36
First Video: The first Unskippable

Postby danm36 » 18 Mar 2012, 07:11

Try and level up the push. I havn't played the game, but assuming it's like many other RPGs one of the level up's should increase damage.
I have nothing intelligent to say!
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 18 Mar 2012, 09:40

So why did gambit decide to randomly attack you? He tends to be one of the more cool and level headed ones, but your like "hey I got this delivery for you" and he responds by throwing energy cards at you and hitting you with his stick.
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 18 Mar 2012, 12:52

The push/fling being weak might actually make it more fun.
Step 1: Get everyone into a corner
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 18 Mar 2012, 12:58

Pigmy Wurm wrote:So why did gambit decide to randomly attack you? He tends to be one of the more cool and level headed ones, but your like "hey I got this delivery for you" and he responds by throwing energy cards at you and hitting you with his stick.

Because if you could imbue things with magical explosive energy, wouldn't you take any opportunity to do so?

I know I would.
Bacon
First Video: Unskippable lost planet

Postby Bacon » 18 Mar 2012, 13:24

Pigmy Wurm wrote:So why did gambit decide to randomly attack you? He tends to be one of the more cool and level headed ones, but your like "hey I got this delivery for you" and he responds by throwing energy cards at you and hitting you with his stick.

I think he suspects that either you work for the Purifiers or are about to light the package on fire so he stamps on it and covers his boots in poop. Although he changes his mind pretty quickly and gives you a strange amount of responsibility rather hastily.
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 18 Mar 2012, 14:29

This game looks like it would be painfully boring to play. Thank LRR for the voice overs keeping it entertaining!
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 18 Mar 2012, 14:40

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Paul wrote:Note: This was still recorded before we were helpfully informed that you need all the parts of a mutant's power before you can use the costume. Please ignore our stupidness.

I didn't realize this! How were you supposed to know that, did the game tell you at some point? I guess I am in the stupidness boat too.

It actually did at one point really early on in a loading screen hint. I didn't notice until my second time watching that episode, though, and it really should be more clear in the game itself.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
HenrySugar
First Video: Something from 2008

Postby HenrySugar » 18 Mar 2012, 19:43

Was it me, or did Gambit sound like he was voiced by an African American?

= =
"Don't be too eager to grow up. It ain't as much fun as it looks"
Mausenheimmer
First Video: Unskippable- Dead Rising

Postby Mausenheimmer » 18 Mar 2012, 20:01

I registered specifically to tell you guys how much I love your Let's Plays. The Dante's Inferno LP was FANTASTIC! My best friend is a student of theology and I'm a student of history so we were both too repulsed to buy or play Dante's Inferno. But seeing you guys play it confirmed my every fear about the game and made me laugh.

On topic for this game: I really like how these are coming out more regularly. I'm not the biggest X-Men fan, but it's still fun to watch the adventures of Chad Football. Never change out of his douchey civilian clothes! It's how we know he's Chad Football.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 18 Mar 2012, 20:18

HenrySugar wrote:Was it me, or did Gambit sound like he was voiced by an African American?

I don't know for sure about that one, I'll have to watch the video again, but his accent certainly did seem to drift a lot. I swear there was a line or two where he sounded almost stereotypical-Jamaican. I think that, much in the same way that we've established that Angry Frenchman sounds German, we now have that Snarky Frenchman sounds vaguely Jamaican.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 18 Mar 2012, 20:37

IMDB says Gambit is voiced by Phil Lamarr, so nice guessing, Henry.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 18 Mar 2012, 20:57

Huh, maybe that's why I'm hearing lines as Jamaican... maybe I'm hearing traces of Hermes in there...
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 20 Mar 2012, 14:14

1) One of the imprisoned mutants says, "I dare to think what they would have done with us." What? Wouldn't it be I dare NOT think? ...What?

2) When you're setting people on fire at the end, all the lulz with the screaming.

3) The trash cans and bus stops (and other little bits) all look pretty much like SF, and with the reference to BART, I'm assuming they're either natives or at least did a good bit of research, so... good on them for that at the very least.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 20 Mar 2012, 17:04

Episode 6 Online! We could not find a save point in this one, so it is really extra super long.
chif-ii
First Video: Every OS sucks

Postby chif-ii » 20 Mar 2012, 18:07

Can you test something out? When it displays the "10 enemies remaining" thing on the screen, can you interact with it? There's been a couple of times where Graham's punched it accidentally and it shattered, so I'm wondering if that's something you can actually do or if my eyes are playing tricks on me.
ImageImage

Return to “GPLP”