GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
NPC
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Postby NPC » 23 Apr 2012, 16:16

So, it appears that you mislabeled this as a Bonus video instead of a GPLP. Just thought you ought to know.

On further note: I wonder just how broken you can get if you start putting your mutant points or whatever into the golum.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 23 Apr 2012, 16:46

NPC wrote:So, it appears that you mislabeled this as a Bonus video instead of a GPLP. Just thought you ought to know.

Oops! Thanks.
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 23 Apr 2012, 22:16

When Paul says that he feels they'd be saying "Hey we gotta problem, lets just agree we're gunna send in that guy!"

I find a lot of games do that, make you feel "special" and like you've suddenly progressed a lot quicker than you though. (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines does this too, which lead to a lot of debate about your power level from fans of the Pen and Paper game!)

I guess the designers just want to you to feel like a badass! It does make me curious though as to what the other powers and characters are like I may have to look up other lets plays to see. (though if I can afford one have been contemplating getting an Xbox just to mess about with power combinations and stuff, coz the game actually looks kinda fun!)
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 23 Apr 2012, 22:23

The Tortured Soul wrote:When Paul says that he feels they'd be saying "Hey we gotta problem, lets just agree we're gunna send in that guy!"

I find a lot of games do that, make you feel "special" and like you've suddenly progressed a lot quicker than you though. (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines does this too, which lead to a lot of debate about your power level from fans of the Pen and Paper game!)

I guess the designers just want to you to feel like a badass! It does make me curious though as to what the other powers and characters are like I may have to look up other lets plays to see. (though if I can afford one have been contemplating getting an Xbox just to mess about with power combinations and stuff, coz the game actually looks kinda fun!)

Well, there's making the player feel like a badass, and then there's diving straight into Mary Sue territory. Especially with established characters like this. It's almost like I'm watching a bad X-Men fanfic with a blatant self-insert playing out in video game form...
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 24 Apr 2012, 03:40

And so Chad "Density" Football became too bold and too awesome, and crashed the universe into a frozen state until the great Gods Garm and Pual decide that it is worth their effort to reboot the whole thing.
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 24 Apr 2012, 04:22

So this was the penultimate session, eh? Considering how many sessions we've done so far, does this mean you're going to finish the game? I kinda want to know if Chad Football gets to go into space and why Reyes became such a dick. I'd like to believe that Bastion is performing some mind control on him, too.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Apr 2012, 11:54

All* will be revealed in the epic final episode!

*Some

Edit: Spelling. Derp.
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 24 Apr 2012, 12:12

Graham wrote:All* will be reveled in the epic final episode!
*Some
Can't wait for the revealing of Chads new revelling powers :P
Sorry

Oh, and just for the sake of this post not being a complete waste of space - No one ever made a Yakuza 4 part 2 thread for unskippable. Not that I have anything to post in one, but for the sake of completeness.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 25 Apr 2012, 18:41

once again I love how this game comes from the minecraft school of geology. An obsidian golem would be a terrible idea. It would be incredibly sharp, but one of those ground pounds would probably shatter it's entire arm.

And while the fight with piro that wasn't the most anti-climactic boss fight ever (I'm looking at you Earth Worm Jim) it was close. And you'd think you'd at least get to talk to him when you were done, you got to talk to toad.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 25 Apr 2012, 19:07

Pigmy Wurm wrote:And while the fight with piro that wasn't the most anti-climactic boss fight ever (I'm looking at you Earth Worm Jim) it was close.

But Jim did his fight with style!

(inasmuch as one can apply style to knocking over a fishbowl or eating a fish)
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 26 Apr 2012, 09:55

The important question is can the Titan be leveled up?
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 27 Apr 2012, 08:19

IT'S OVER!

Thanks to everyone who came with us on this journey! As we mention at the end of this video, we have actually already recorded some episodes of another game in order to take advantage of Brad being in town. Look for it in the next week or two!
Jaebird
First Video: The LHC

Postby Jaebird » 27 Apr 2012, 08:32

Brad-venture Time!! :D
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Open for commissions.)
Cho_J
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Cho_J » 27 Apr 2012, 09:32

Just had some thoughts re: how effing destroyed the city looks! It's set in SF, right? So I think there was a tremendous earthquake that helped all the malicious damages along. And no one is even talking about it because us Bay Area folks are so used to the Earth restructuring beneath our feet. XD
-Cho
headband
First Video: Decadent Sports League

Postby headband » 27 Apr 2012, 10:39

Magneto couldn't pull a satilite out from Earth's orbit without Fores help? Bullsh*t! He was able to pull a bullet thing carrying Kitty Pryde out from deep space (long story)! A satilate within Earth's gravitational pull should be no trouble for him!

Anyway, that was a great let's play. Kinda actually makes me want to play it for myself. Especially loved the ending credits bit. Can't wait to see what you have to play next time.
Fawlkes
First Video: Cursing

Postby Fawlkes » 27 Apr 2012, 10:47

Couldn't Magneto just rip apart that robotic suit of Reyes'? isn't that his thing? Dismantling metal threats
Fawlkes
First Video: Cursing

Postby Fawlkes » 27 Apr 2012, 11:04

My bet is the next GPLP is Cursed Crusade, Going off of recent "historical" Unskippables
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 27 Apr 2012, 11:07

I wouldn't mind seeing a GPLP of Yakuza 2, again from the recent Unskippables.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Apr 2012, 11:09

I'm thinking next up is the terrible-looking game "based" in the 100 Years War they did on Unskippable a while back.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 27 Apr 2012, 11:13

it's not in full real-time is it? 100 years of GPLP :D

Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 27 Apr 2012, 12:10

Oh, look what GamesRadar made just today ;)
vxicepickxv
First Video: The Job

Postby vxicepickxv » 27 Apr 2012, 12:23

Jaebird wrote:
vxicepickxv wrote:Wow, a pair of LP sessions where it shows the developers don't know how to read a wiki. Pixie's teleportation powers aren't mutant in nature. They're magical.

Although if the dampener is built to suppress magic and mutant powers, it would explain why they're so fragile. You can't build something that small that would drain that much energy without having to cut some corners somewhere. I guess this is how the meeting went.

1. Suppress mutant powers
2. Suppress magical ability
3. Durable
4. Man portable.

Okay, now pick 3.

That's something that always bugged me with Marvel's mutants. You could have characters who would either have an affinity and discipline for learning magic, or they would just be a mutant. I just see it as an anti-climactic origin.
The only two they orginally(?) gave that ability to were Magik(Colossus' sister) and the Scarlett Witch. Magik was granted her powers by the Lord of Limbo, and then I'm not sure what the hell they did with the Scarlett Witch, aside from just bringing up her power until they're like, okay this is just stupid and then bam "No More Mutants".

Magik actually gave Pixie her powers by stealing part of her soul, which is kind of freaky. It's weird like that. By that, I mean comics. Comics Are Weird.
Friend:Umm, I saw a cat and started clicking...
Me:You have made an accurate summary of the internet.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 27 Apr 2012, 12:40

Still not quite as bad as DC where teleporters are as common as muck. There's one bit in one of the later Batmans stories where Two-Face tells his henchmen to find him two teleporters. He does so and kills one of them because he can't do what Two-Face wants.

And then there's talk in Identity Crisis about investigating Teleporters and Warpers, and Speedsters are all over the place as well. Literally.

Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 27 Apr 2012, 13:29

headband wrote:Magneto couldn't pull a satilite out from Earth's orbit without Fores help? Bullsh*t! He was able to pull a bullet thing carrying Kitty Pryde out from deep space (long story)! A satilate within Earth's gravitational pull should be no trouble for him!

Fawlkes wrote:Couldn't Magneto just rip apart that robotic suit of Reyes'? isn't that his thing? Dismantling metal threats

Magneto's power level is pretty absurd. It actually presents some awkward storytelling problems when he teams up with the X-men; if there's a threat involving metal, they have to find some reason why he doesn't step out into the back yard, obliterate it, then return to his tea.

That said, I'm not really certain when this game is meant to take place in continuity.
iceberg1972
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby iceberg1972 » 27 Apr 2012, 13:48

Holy Mike! Part of this game was made in Minneapolis?!? I don't know whether to be glad...or embarrassed...
"Don't blink! Don't even blink! Blink and you're dead!"

- Doctor Who, "Blink"

Return to “GPLP”