GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
batosai33
First Video: one of the unskippables

Re: GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Postby batosai33 » 06 Jun 2012, 21:58

I'm kinda surprised brad didn't mention that the "bardiche" looked nothing like a bardiche (although there wasn't much time to look). A bardiche looks similar to a blade attatched to two points at the end of a pole (for a picture, google is your friend). that was more of a polearm which is a more multipurpose spear.

Also your armor's health seems to be shown to the right of your picture, so when you started taking damage it was because you lost your chest armor and they were attacking at your stomach.

third I think it would be awesome if your next gplp was conker's bad fur day (or god of war because kratos is such an jerk in that game it would be funny to hear your reactions)
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 07 Jun 2012, 05:43

For "further reading" find here the Crusades episode of the excellent History Crash Course youtube series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zudTQelzI
Kaos
First Video: How to talk like a pirate

Postby Kaos » 07 Jun 2012, 10:55

You guys have totally been forgetting to put points into the curse on the upgrade screens.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 07 Jun 2012, 23:26

PlasmaCow wrote:For "further reading" find here the Crusades episode of the excellent History Crash Course youtube series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zudTQelzI

Fayili on the last page wrote:Brad's explanation about the crusades and sacking Constantinople reminded me, if you guys want a ten minute refresher course so you can be all, "I know what Brad's talking about! I know things!" then this is pretty useful.

:P
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 15 Jun 2012, 07:48

Jaebird
First Video: The LHC

Postby Jaebird » 15 Jun 2012, 08:15

You guys should call it "Number of the Beast Mode", but I can imagine that being a bit of a mouthful.
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Open for commissions.)
HellboundHarlequin
First Video: Checkpoint, S1E1.

Postby HellboundHarlequin » 15 Jun 2012, 12:54

I've been meaning to make an account for ages, and I finally decided to do it in order to tell you that the floppy dude (if that's what Brad said) that works with a ratchet to keep a portcullis closed is called a Pawl.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 15 Jun 2012, 16:14

Armor upgraded! Now you're marginally less blatantly ill-equipped for a primarily melee-based siege assault on a major city!
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 15 Jun 2012, 16:46

I'm curious... how many more eps have we got with Brad? Because I know you didn't manage to finish the game while he was around last.

Also have you already recorded the rest of the game without him? Coz if not I actually wouldn't mind if you went and did another game while waiting for Brad to visit again to finish this one, I enjoy the insight he brings.
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Jun 2012, 21:31

We've got a bunch more eps to come.

I wouldn't be against waiting until Brad returns...
Maybe we could put that to a vote?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 15 Jun 2012, 23:56

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but do you have any idea when he'll be returning in a way that you'd be able to do it? I wouldn't be against waiting either, though waiting for years would be... bothersome at best.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 16 Jun 2012, 09:53

Yeah, if it's a reasonable amount of time, I wouldn't mind waiting for Brad.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 16 Jun 2012, 22:14

I don't think it'd hurt to much if they do another Lets Play while we wait... coz then it'd wouldn't feel like waiting.
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 Jun 2012, 10:14

I agree. It wouldn't be quite the same without Brad. It also sounds like the game is pretty long (for a GPLP at least), so breaking it up with another game isn't a bad idea.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Mysticman89
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Mysticman89 » 17 Jun 2012, 10:28

If the wait in on the scale of months rather then years, waitting for brad is likely worthwhile.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 Jun 2012, 14:34

You know, thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd want Brad just doing this game again when he comes back. It doesn't seem like there's a lot more he can add that'd be as interesting as, say, most of the continued comments about what was happening in Dante's Inferno was. Plus, it'd mean that he wouldn't get the chance to do a new game when he gets the chance. Not sure what would be a good other game for him though...

But I guess it just depends on what would be best for him and his plans. Brad seems like a pretty awesome dude after all, no reason to say he has to do anything he doesn't want to.
LackingSanity
First Video: One of the Unskippables, I think.

Postby LackingSanity » 17 Jun 2012, 15:54

On a somewhat related note, I have a question about armour for Brad, in case he happens to browse this thread. In a museum I went to recently, there were a few suits of armour that had a hinged metal bit sticking out from the right side of the breastplate. Any idea what this is for? I could probably just google it, but this seemed like more fun.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 18 Jun 2012, 00:22

my wild guess is that it's something to so with jousting, rather than proper fighting, but i could be wrong
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
athorist

Postby athorist » 18 Jun 2012, 14:24

If you want suggestions for the next GPLP, how about Bastion? I guess technically it's fairly similar to the other games you've been doing (brawling with loads of enemies - but at least there's more than 3), and there's a good variety in weapons. It took me about 8 hours to play, so that's not too long. And it looks really pretty!
Skip to the end
Jaebird

Postby Jaebird » 18 Jun 2012, 15:46

athorist wrote:If you want suggestions for the next GPLP, how about Bastion? I guess technically it's fairly similar to the other games you've been doing (brawling with loads of enemies - but at least there's more than 3), and there's a good variety in weapons. It took me about 8 hours to play, so that's not too long. And it looks really pretty!

But that's a good game. GPLP's have been about bad to mediocre games.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 18 Jun 2012, 16:17

LackingSanity wrote:On a somewhat related note, I have a question about armour for Brad, in case he happens to browse this thread. In a museum I went to recently, there were a few suits of armour that had a hinged metal bit sticking out from the right side of the breastplate. Any idea what this is for? I could probably just google it, but this seemed like more fun.

Most likely you are talking about an arret de cuirasse, or a 'lance-rest.' It is where you couch the lance against the armour so that on impact the force is spread more evenly into the body (rather than simply wrenching the shoulder).
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
athorist

Postby athorist » 19 Jun 2012, 13:32

Jaebird wrote:
athorist wrote:If you want suggestions for the next GPLP, how about Bastion? I guess technically it's fairly similar to the other games you've been doing (brawling with loads of enemies - but at least there's more than 3), and there's a good variety in weapons. It took me about 8 hours to play, so that's not too long. And it looks really pretty!

I'm just curious what they'd make of a game that wasn't terrible.
Skip to the end
Jaebird

Postby Jaebird » 19 Jun 2012, 14:07

athorist wrote:
Jaebird wrote:

I'm just curious what they'd make of a game that wasn't terrible.

I'm sure they can play a game that is considered good while being able to make fun of it, a la Rifftrax. But I recall Graham saying bad games work better for Let's Plays.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Jun 2012, 15:49

I prefer them. It gives us more to work with in the downtime between obviously funny bits.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 19 Jun 2012, 20:21

athorist wrote:I'm just curious what they'd make of a game that wasn't terrible.

The problem with good games that I can see is that they'd be too distracting. Either to the player, who's focused on the gameplay, or the watcher, who's focused on the game more then the commentary. It could work, but it wouldn't be as good if you ask me.

One fairly short game that might work decently for a GPLP that I can think of is 3D Dot Game Heroes. It's a Legend of Zelda game with full character creation and not much of a story to distract things. It's a solid game, but it's not anything that requires much attention if I remember much correctly. It'd also be a break from the brawlers while still allowing things to keep happening.

Return to “GPLP”