TTC - Theros Overview

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Re: TTC - Theros Overview

Postby Narcuru » 23 Sep 2013, 09:25

Lord Hosk wrote:Sliver dude?

Obviously he's a reformed sliver from before the M14 mechanic and creative change. They got put out of a job so he had to find something with his skills. It's not been great for him lately.

or its probably this (from her blog): "When I got there five minutes before the store opened for sign-ups, there were a few people who had already been waiting, including one of my previous opponents who’d destroyed me with his Slivers deck at a previous Friday Night Magic." But personally I'm going to go with the reformed sliver guy.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 23 Sep 2013, 12:19

Dude who ran a deck with Slivers against whom I played a few weeks ago in my FNM. If you read the whole blog post, it makes sense.

Since most of the people I play against don't know about the new site/blog and many of them are kids, I'm giving people nicknames in my Event recaps.

ETA: I think I like the above answer better.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 23 Sep 2013, 17:06

Clypheous wrote:What do I do with all the packs that learning strategy from watching LRR and LR play helped me win?

You could send them to me ; )
365 Zines a Year: Zine and mini-comic reviews.
Silverhawk
First Video: Somewhere around 2011

Postby Silverhawk » 24 Sep 2013, 12:02

Am now demanding Zeus/Thor fanfiction. Or would it be Thor/Zeus? No, no, it'd be Zeus/Thor. Zeus' domineering personality wouldn't have it any other way.
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 24 Sep 2013, 17:45

Theros seems kind of cool with all these abilities interacting with each other. Seems you could build some really crazy IKEA guns.

The Hundred-Handed One seems to be a good answer to those decks designed around the populate keyword. Like that plague of rats deck.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 24 Sep 2013, 17:55

There's some really interesting synergy and flavor in Theros, yeah. I don't know how much of it is going to be competitive in standard but there's so many possibilities for awesome deck ideas, and I'd love to play some of these cards in Commander.

Return to “TapTapConcede”