TTC - Born of the Gods Impressions

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
Graham
Super Moderator

TTC - Born of the Gods Impressions

Postby Graham » 30 Jan 2014, 03:01

Now that the full set is out, the LRR crew goes through some cards that look extra spicy!
GNRC_SRNM
First Video: unskippable - blood on the sand

Re: TTC - Born of the Gods Impressions

Postby GNRC_SRNM » 30 Jan 2014, 06:40

Why is Cam so quiet in this? Mic problems, or was he just too far away?
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 30 Jan 2014, 07:57

Wasn't that mentioned literally at the start of the podcast? Are you trolling sir/madam? -_-
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Postby Narcuru » 30 Jan 2014, 08:44

Actually for Champion of Stray Souls you have to have its targets before activating his ability, so even though you sacrifice the creatures as part of the cost they won't be in the graveyard in time.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Jan 2014, 08:56

countless battles for 1ww with nothing else on the board gets 2 +1/+1's there is one creature, it, and one enchantment, it. When they are on the battlefield as a creature, they are a creature, and a enchantment.

if there is one creature on the board and you bestow countless battles on it, the creature will get 2 +1/+1 counters. because when it is bestowed it is a enchantment, not a creature.

Bestow creatures, are always enchantments, they are creatures in addition to enchantments if they are being cast as a creature, or on the battlefield not bestowed.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Postby Narcuru » 30 Jan 2014, 10:38

Lord Hosk wrote:countless battles for 1ww with nothing else on the board gets 2 +1/+1's there is one creature, it, and one enchantment, it. When they are on the battlefield as a creature, they are a creature, and a enchantment.

Couple things: It doesn't get/give +1/+1 counters just gives +1/+1 bonuses minor but important if they kill him as an aura. Also it counts auras on the battlefield you control not enchantments you control so if you play him by himself with nothing else on the battlefield it will only be a 1/1.
TastyArsenic
First Video: friday nights

Postby TastyArsenic » 30 Jan 2014, 11:19

just one thing, nyx isnt the underworld.
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 30 Jan 2014, 13:34

Can someone write subtitles for when Cam is talking? The world* will thank you.

*For the purposes of this post world is a term restricted to a minimum of me.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 30 Jan 2014, 13:45

RedNightmare wrote:Wasn't that mentioned literally at the start of the podcast? Are you trolling sir/madam? -_-
I just… I can't…
I knew no one would read the YouTube description so I put it IN the podcast and… I don't get it.
UNHchabo
First Video: Back It Up

Postby UNHchabo » 30 Jan 2014, 15:10

Although I know this form of card overlay requires more work in post, I like it, because it means the four people present are all able to keep the conversation flowing, without one of them having to spend all their time showing us the cards. I know in this case you were "already in there" to do what you could for Cam's audio, but I still appreciated it. The past couple podcasts I paused every time somebody mentioned a card to go look it up. :) That said, I understand if you'd rather have the overlay done live to save time.

"Hero of Iroas... is a bear"
[looks at art]
Yeah, I think most people would classify that man as a bear... ;)

Spirit of the Labyrinth doesn't completely shut down draw-based cards, cause it does mean that each player is still allowed to draw a card on each of their opponents' turns.
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)
fightchess
First Video: The Amazing Hats of Innistrad

Postby fightchess » 31 Jan 2014, 09:30

Gild is even sweeter than you guys were talking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midas

(if you addressed this I apologize, I had got just that far and now I have to run...)
GNRC_SRNM
First Video: unskippable - blood on the sand

Postby GNRC_SRNM » 31 Jan 2014, 09:39

Graham wrote:
RedNightmare wrote:Wasn't that mentioned literally at the start of the podcast? Are you trolling sir/madam? -_-
I just… I can't…
I knew no one would read the YouTube description so I put it IN the podcast and… I don't get it.

I... apparently didn't pay attention there. :oops: Embarrassing.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 31 Jan 2014, 12:02

Narcuru wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:countless battles for 1ww with nothing else on the board gets 2 +1/+1's there is one creature, it, and one enchantment, it. When they are on the battlefield as a creature, they are a creature, and a enchantment.

Couple things: It doesn't get/give +1/+1 counters just gives +1/+1 bonuses minor but important if they kill him as an aura. Also it counts auras on the battlefield you control not enchantments you control so if you play him by himself with nothing else on the battlefield it will only be a 1/1.

Ahh, yep, I didnt read the card carefully enough, I thought it was +1/+1 for enchantments and Creatures, not auras. My bad.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 31 Jan 2014, 18:05

An overlooked use of Eye Gouge- it kills activated Mutavaults at instant speed, because Mutavaults are cyclopses.

Heroes Podium is also gross in a Captain Sisay Commander Deck, which is exactly where I'm gonna put it.
Lancer
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Lancer » 01 Feb 2014, 00:54

Storm would *not* multi-trigger heroic, because you only cast one copy of the stormed spell, and the rest are copied directly onto the stack.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 04 Feb 2014, 19:55

Graham wrote:I knew no one would read the YouTube description so I put it IN the podcast and… I don't get it.

Forgive me, I was going to say "to be fair, the YouTube description doesn't help for people who listen to the audio from iTunes", but then I realised, you probably hate it when people listen on iTunes instead of watching on your YouTube channel, don't you? So instead I am sorry.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Feb 2014, 00:57

Duckay wrote:
Graham wrote:I knew no one would read the YouTube description so I put it IN the podcast and… I don't get it.

Forgive me, I was going to say "to be fair, the YouTube description doesn't help for people who listen to the audio from iTunes", but then I realised, you probably hate it when people listen on iTunes instead of watching on your YouTube channel, don't you? So instead I am sorry.
Oh gosh no, I don't mind at all.

For some, this is an audio-only podcast and that's fine! That's why we still offer audio!
So, to be fair, I included that clip for their benefit too.

And STILL I bet you there was confusion :D
zombub
First Video: Friday Nights Commander one

Postby zombub » 08 Feb 2014, 03:44

I just assume that everything Cam says that we can't hear is hilarious, it's a fairly safe bet.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 23 Feb 2014, 16:19

zombub wrote:I just assume that everything Cam says that we can't hear is hilarious, it's a fairly safe bet.

It's a fairly safe bet.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.

Return to “TapTapConcede”